HDD Data Recovery: How Can We Recover HDD Data Easily
This post covers causes of HDD data loss and solutions to HDD data recovery. If you want to recover deleted data easily, here comes the answer.
Can data be recovered from HDD?
Case 1. I lost all my data on my hard drive and was wondering if anybody knew how to perform a data recovery or if anybody knows a good solution that does it well?
Case 2. So I was cleaning my PC and I open ‘This PC’ and go to click on the Hard Drive and it prompts me with ‘this must be formatted in order to use.' In an act of panic, I clicked yes, thinking it would solve my issue. Now I'm about to give up and just accept that somehow someway all my pictures and projects are gone. Looking for a helping hand.
It is not uncommon for users to ask for help with HDD data recovery like in the above user case. Many users want to know how to recover data from hard disk after they have lost their HDD data. Please continue to browse this page and you will know the main reasons for HDD data loss and effective data recovery methods.
What causes HDD data loss?
Before looking for a hard drive recovery service, it is important for you to know the common causes of HDD data loss so that you can choose an effective recovery option in case the same problem occurs next time. Here are some main causes of HDD data loss:
Manually accidental file deletion: Sometimes you may delete files by mistake and then your files will disappear. But this will not usually corrupt your hard drive as a whole. So if you react quickly to take action to scan and recover the files using a hard disk partition recovery tool, it will work.
Corrupted files or file systems: This condition will prevent you from operating the external hard drive. It may also result in your computer not being able to be booted. You can also try using a data recovery tool to solve this type of problem.
Hard drive formatting: If you format your hard drive by mistake, the files on your hard drive will also disappear. However, some data recovery software can help you retrieve lost files from a formatted drive or partition.
How to recover HDD data easily
To create a hard drive recovery easily, you can choose to use an official tool in Windows, or another easy-to-use professional data recovery software.
Way 1. Use an official tool - Windows File Recovery
If you prefer to recover files using command prompt, you can consider using this official tool - Windows File Recovery. It can help you recover deleted data from hard drives on Windows 10 build 19041 or later systems.
Since Windows File Recovery does not provide a graphical interface, you need to adjust the basic command line winfr source-drive: destination-drive: [/mode] [/switch] for different situations, then enter the command lines you need.
Then here are the detailed steps to recover HDD data with Windows File Recovery:
1. Go to the Microsoft Store to download and install Windows File Recovery on your PC.
2. After launching it, enter the command line referring to this template:
winfr source-drive: destination-drive: [/mode] [/switches]
3. When it finishes scanning and recovering, your deleted data will be in a recovery folder in the destination.
- Tip: If you feel it is difficult to use a tool without a graphic interface and guideline, you can try another easy tool - WinfrGUI with a clear graphic interface. It can also help you recover data and you do not need to learn some complex command lines for it.
Way 2. Use a free tool - MyRecover (Easiest)
There is another professional hard disk recovery tool called MyRecover, which can be the easiest way to recover HDD data. It supports all Windows operating systems containing Windows 11/10/8/7/Server. MyRecover has many advantages like:
● Recover many types of files: It supports recovering photos, videos, emails, web pages, Word, Excel, etc.
● High recovery speed: It can help you recover data quickly.
● High Recovery rate: Most deleted data can be recovered by MyRecover.
● Powerful features: It allows you to recover deleted files from SSD/HDD. And support many file systems like NTFS, FAT32, exFAT, and ReFS in Windows.
If you want to have a try on this tool, just follow the easy steps below to use it to recover your data:
1. Download and install MyRecover on your PC.
2. First, click the hard drive where your data is lost. And click Start Scan to let it be scanned.
3. Then you can see your deleted data and other missing data after clicking Quick Scan/Deep Scan automatically by MyRecover.
4. Next, check the scanning result. Select a new location to store your HDD data. After that, click on the Recover X files button to begin the hard drive data recovery.
Tip: Recover HDD data without software
You may want to know if you can recover HDD data without software. Here are two ways you can try. If your lost data can not be recovered with them, you can download a free and easy tool to help you as well.
Part 1. Recycle Bin
This method is simple, but only works if your files have been placed in the Recycle Bin and it has not been cleaned. If you want to try it, just open the Recycle Bin on your PC. Then find your deleted files and right-click on them to choose Restore. If you cannot find your data, we advise you to download a professional tool to help you.
Part 2. File History
This is also a way to recover HDD data without software - File History, a Windows built-in tool. But it requires you to have a habit of creating backups regularly. Just follow the steps below to use it to recover data:
1. Go to Control Panel > System and Security.
2. Then choose Restore your files with File History in the File History section.
3. Select Restore personal files on the left menu.
4. After choosing, click the restore icon to retrieve your files to the original location.
Or if you want to restore your files to another location, just right-click on them to click Restore to and choose a destination for them.
If you did not create backups for your HDD data but want to recover it easily, just go to use the easiest tool - MyRecover.
Written in the end
We believe you have known different ways to create HDD data recovery. The easiest method is to use a free and professional tool with a graphic interface like MyRecover. If you want to recover data without software, you can also find an answer in the article.