[Answered] Are Deleted Texts Gone Forever?
Are deleted texts gone forever? You can get different ways to retrieve deleted texts on Windows, iPhone, or Android in this guide. Besides, there’re some suggestions for you to prevent data loss.
Are deleted texts permanently gone?
I emptied my Recycle Bin several days ago. After that, I need some files in my Recycle Bin for reference. But my Recycle Bin is empty. Where do deleted files go? Is it possible to recover deleted text files from my Windows PC? Thanks.
I accidentally deleted an entire text message conversation three weeks ago. Are deleted text messages gone forever on iPhone? Moreover, how to recover deleted text messages or conversations on my iPhone? Thanks.
If you delete text messages, are they gone forever? Obviously not. Let’s take Windows as an example.
After the first deletion (accidental deletion or recent deletion), the Windows OS can automatically send your deleted files to the Recycle Bin. Moreover, this temporary storage place can keep these accidental and recently deleted files before emptying them. At this point, you can recover deleted files from the Recycle Bin directly.
Even after the second (permanent) deletion, you still have the chance to retrieve deleted texts as long as your permanently deleted texts haven’t been overwritten by your newly added texts. Because after deletion, the space where they are saved is marked as free to write new data.
For a higher data recovery rate, please avoid storing texts on your same storage devices. This also applies to iOS devices.
Scenario 1. How to retrieve deleted texts on Windows?
Are deleted texts gone forever? As you can see, the answer is not. Are you wondering how to retrieve deleted texts on Windows? For accidentally deleted texts, you can undo delete texts on computers to get them back.
But for permanently deleted texts, you’ll be prompted to restore your files from backups or use professional data recovery software to get your desired texts back.
Since few users have cultivated a good habit of making backups with Windows features, not to mention using any backup software. Therefore, let’s seek help from professional data recovery tools like MyRecover to recover deleted and missing text files.
- ★Varied features, friendly design, and easy-to-follow steps of MyRecover.
- Powerful features: Recover deleted & lost MS Office files, folders, compressed files, photos, songs, videos, audio, websites, and hundreds of file types from HDD, USB, SD cards, etc.
- Easy-to-find: During Quick Scan and Deep Scan, you can search your desired files by Path, Filename, Date, etc.
- Convenient: Retain the original Path, Filename, and Format for the deleted files.
- Excellent compatibility: Support NTFS, FAT32, exFAT, and ReFS file systems.
Please download MyRecover on your Windows 11, 10, 8, 7, or Windows Server PC!
Step 1. After launching MyRecover, select the partition that stores your needed texts before data loss. Then click the “Start Scan” button.
Step 2. You can quickly locate your desired text files according to Name, Path, Date, or Type or wait to view all the deleted & lost files after the scanning process.
Step 3. Go to the Deleted Files/Recycle Bin/Other Missing Files folder and select your wanted texts. Then click “Recover x files” to begin Windows data recovery.
Please remember to save these retrieved text files in another location.
Scenario 2. How to retrieve deleted texts & WeChat messages on iPhone 13, 14?
Are deleted text messages gone forever? Of course not. In iOS 16 or later, iPhone users could recover deleted messages/conversations in the Messages app within 30 days. And it’s impossible for you to recover a deleted message before updating to iOS 16 or later.
In Messages, click Edit > Show Recently Deleted > select the conversations with the messages you want > tap Recover.
Beyond 30 days, iPhone users will be prompted to restore their iPhones from iCloud or iTunes backups or use professional iOS data recovery software to recover permanently deleted text messages or WeChat messages.
Are you unwilling to remove the current iPhone data? Or do you want to recover partial files? If you’re bothered by these issues, AOMEI Data Recovery for iOS can solve your concerns from different perspectives.
- ★Key features::
- With a bootable iPhone, everyone is ready to begin iPhone data recovery.
- You don’t have to reset your iPhone and restore from backups or erase all content and settings on your iOS devices.
- Before recovery, you can preview all the iPhone data and choose your lost messages. And the recovery process can restore selected data to your iPhone.
- Recover Photos, Videos, Contacts, Notes, Reminders, WeChat History, Call History, Calendars, Voice memos, etc.
- Support varied types of iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch and be compatible with iOS 10.0 and later.
Don’t hesitate to download AOMEI Data Recovery for iOS on your Windows now!
Step 1. Launch this software on your PC and connect your iPhone to the computer.
Step 2. “Trust This Computer” on your iPhone and click the “Scan Now” button.
Step 3. After scanning, the window will show all the recoverable messages. You can click the “Recover” button to restore your selected WeChat messages.
Bonus tips: How to recover deleted WeChat messages on Android?
WeChat has grown into a more and more popular app because of its powerful functions. And some chat logs are essential to users. So can you recover deleted WeChat messages on Android?
If you often log into your WeChat account on your Windows and make regular backups, you can achieve Android WeChat history recovery with ease.
Step 1. Log into your WeChat account on your PC. Then click the three horizontal bars at the bottom of the left corner.
Step 2. Select Backup and Restore > Restore on phone.
Step 3. You can also select the chat logs you want to transfer. Then click “OK” to start the restoration process.
In the end
Are deleted texts gone forever? It seems they’re not. With the guidance of feasible fixes, you can improve the possibility of recovering deleted texts from Windows, iPhone, etc.
If you’re unwilling to suffer data loss again, why not make regular backups at once?
- For Windows, use Windows features like File History or free backup software for Windows, AOMEI Backupper to back up files, folders, partitions, disks, or systems.
- For iOS devices, use iCloud/iTunes to create full backups or give this free iOS backup and transfer tool, FoneTool a chance.
- For Android, try to use Google Drive to back up your data.
- Please don’t put all your eggs in one basket to prevent data loss.