How to Transfer Music from iTunes to iPad without Syncing
This guide will show you how to transfer music from iTunes to iPad Pro, Air, mini. Whether you want to transfer music automatically or manually, you'll find a way to do it here.
Want to transfer music from iTunes to iPad?
iTunes is the default option to sync files from computer to iPad. You can download purchased music from iTunes to iPad or let it help you transfer music from computer to iPad. However, the complex interface of iTunes may confuse you and leave you wondering which button to click.
To help you out, in this guide, I will show you the detailed steps to transfer music from iTunes to iPad Pro, Air, mini. iTunes offers 3 ways to transfer music. You can read first and then choose one to follow according to your needs.
Some important things you should know:
► iCloud Music and iTunes sync are not compatible. If you use iCloud or Apple Music to keep your content up-to-date across all your devices, iTunes will refuse to sync music. In this case, you can choose to turn off iCloud music or try other tools to transfer music.
► You may lose existing files on the device. When you click the sync button, it will replace the existing files on your iPad with the newly added items. The content in iTunes and the content on your iPad will remain the same.
► You can only pair your device with one iTunes library. If your device was previously connected to another computer, it will erase all content of the selected type on your device when syncing.
In short, iTunes indeed can you transfer music to iPad but it has many limitations and you may lose existing songs. Fortunately, iTunes is not the only option for music transfer. If you want to transfer music without removing the existing files on your device, you can go to Part 2 to get one iTunes alternative for Windows to easily transfer music.
Part 1. How to transfer music from iTunes to iPad
Let’s start to see how to transfer music from iTunes to iPad. Before you start, make sure you have installed the latest version of iTunes on computer. You can go to iTunes > click Help > choose Check for Updates to check if there is an update. If so, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
If you want to download non-purchased music from iTunes to iPad, you can go to File > choose Add File to Library... or Add Folder to Libary... to add your songs to iTunes.
Way 1. How to sync music from iTunes to iPad
Here is the default method to sync music from iTunes to iPad.
- Open iTunes > Connect your iPad to computer via USB cable.
- Click the Device icon in the upper-left corner.
- Under Settings, choose Music option > Select the checkbox next to Sync Music > Choose to sync Entire music library or Selected playlists, artists, albums, and genres > Choose whether to sync videos or voice memos.
- Click Apply > Sync to confirm.
When it’s done, you can open Music app and go to Library > Songs to check the songs.
Way 2. How to transfer music from iTunes to iPad without syncing
If you want to transfer music from iTunes to iPad without syncing, you can turn on "Manually manage music and videos" option so you can add songs manually.
- Launch iTunes and plug in your iPad.
- Click the Device icon > Under Settings, choose Summary.
- Go to Options section > Check Manually manage music and videos > Click Apply to save the change.
- Go to your library > Select the songs you want to add to iPad (you can press Ctrl key to select all the songs you need).
- Drag and drop songs to your device area on the left side of iTunes.
Way 3. How to transfer music from iTunes to iPad wirelessly
Is it possible to transfer music from iTunes to iPad wirelessly? Yes. You can set up iTunes to sync to your device with Wi-Fi. In this way, when your computer and iPad are on the same Wi-Fi, it will sync automatically when iPad is plugged into power and iTunes is open.
- Run iTunes and connect your iPad to computer with USB cable.
- Click the Device tab > Go to Summary.
- Go to Options section > Check Sync with this iPad over Wi-Fi > Click Apply to save the change.
Part 2. How to transfer iTunes music to iPad without syncing
In the previous section, we discussed how to transfer music from iTunes to iPad. As you can see, you should be careful when using iTunes, otherwise, you may lose existing music on iPad. If you prefer a safe way to transfer music, you can use one third-party transfer tool, such as FoneTool.
FoneTool is one professional iOS data management tool for Windows users, which supports data transfer between iPhone/iPad and computer. With FoneTool, you can transfer both purchased and non-purchased songs from computer to iPad and it will not erase any existing songs or any other data on the device.
FoneTool supports all iPad models, including the latest iPad 10, iPad Pro 2022. You can click the download button to get the tool and follow the steps below to transfer music to your iPad.
1. Launch FoneTool > Plug in your iPad.
2. Click Phone Transfer option > Go to PC to iPhone and click Start Transfer.
3. Choose Music > Drag and drop your songs to the box or you can click anywhere in the box to choose your songs.
4. Confirm the songs that will be sent to your iPad > Finally, click Start Transfer.
When the transfer is complete, you can go to the Music app on your iPad to check these songs.
That’s all about how to transfer music from iTunes to iPad Pro, Air, mini. iTunes can help you sync music to iPad manually or automatically, however, you may lose important songs because of wrong actions. If you want to transfer music to iPad without sync, you can use FoneTool. It can help you transfer both purchased and non purchased music in a few clicks.