Why Do You Want to Transfer Messages from iPhone to iPhone without iTunes?
iTunes can help us transfer messages from iPhone to iPhone. You need first make a backup containing the messages you need and then restore the backup to the target iPhone. You are not allowed to only transfer messages. What’s worse, all existing data on the target iPhone will be deleted. This means that you may lose some important data.
All in all, iTunes is not a good choice for transferring messages from iPhone to another iPhone. So you come to this guide to find an easier way and you’ve come to the right page. This guide will tell you how to transfer messages from iPhone to iPhone without iTunes but via two other simple ways.
How to Transfer Messages from iPhone to iPhone without iTunes
Here are two methods that can help transfer messages from iPhone to another. The first method can help you transfer iMessages to another device and the second method can help you transfer selected text messages/iMessages easily.
Method 1. Transfer Messages from iPhone to iPhone via iCloud
Just like iTunes, you can first make a backup that contains your messages and restore that backup to another device. Since you only want to transfer messages, this way is not suitable for your needs.
Nonetheless, if you prefer to sync iMessages to another iPhone, iCloud provides an easy way to make it. Below are the steps to transfer messages from iPhone to iPhone with iCloud.
1. To ensure smooth synchronization, you can connect your iPhones to Wi-Fi network.
2. Make sure you have logged in the same Apple ID on both devices. (If you want to transfer messages to another device using different Apple, please move to Method 2 to get the solution.)
3. Go to Settings > Tap [your name] > iCloud > Find Messages and toggle it on > Do the same on the target iPhone.
Method 2. Transfer Messages from iPhone to iPhone via AOMEI MBackupper
- Want to transfer text messages/iMessages only from iPhone to iPhone?
- Want to transfer a particular conversation from iPhone to iPhone?
- Want to transfer messages/iMessages from old iPhone to new iPhone?
- Want to transfer messages/iMessages from your iPhone to friends’ iPhone?
If you are in one of these situations, you may want to know how to transfer messages from iPhone to iPhone without iCloud or iTunes. AOMEI MBackupper, one free iPhone transfer tool can help you transfer messages the way you want. With only a few clicks, all selected messages will be transferred to the target iPhone. What’s more, it will not erase any other data on the device.
It supports all models of iPhone from iPhone 4 to the latest iPhone 14/13/12 and would be perfectly compatible with the latest iOS 16/15. Download the tool on your computer and follow the steps below to transfer your messages in minutes.
1. Launch AOMEI MBackupper > Connect the source iPhone to computer >Tap “Trust” to give your computer access to your device.
2. Click Custom Backup option.
3. Click Messages to select the iMessages or text messages you need > Click OK to continue.
4. Select a storage path to save your messages > Click Start Backup to transfer messages to computer.
5. Unplug the source iPhone and connect the target iPhone to computer > Go to the Backup Management screen by clicking the Back icon.
6. Click the Advanced > Restore option > Confirm the messages that would be transferred to the target phone > Finally, click Start Restore to make it.
◆ Notes: Besides messages, you can also follow the steps above to transfer contacts, photos, videos, and songs as per your needs.
That’s all about how to transfer messages from iPhone to iPhone without iTunes. If you have enough iCloud storage space, you can utilize iCloud to sync iMessages. Or if you want to transfer selected text messages and iMessages, you can let AOMEI MBackupper help you make it in a few clicks.
FoneTool Runs Perfectly on
- iOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPadOS 16/15/14/13/12/11 and former
- iPhone 14/14 Pro (Max), 13/13 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 12/12 mini/Pro (Max), iPhone 11/11 Pro (Max)
- iPhone X/XR/XS/XS Max, iPhone 8/8 Plus, iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6/6s/6s Plus
- iPhone SE (1st, 2nd, 3rd generations)
- iPod touch 1/2/3/4/5/6/7
- All models of iPad Air, iPad mini, iPad Pro and iPad