5 Ways to Fix iPhone Stuck on Emergency SOS Screen Issue
iPhone stuck on emergency SOS screen? Read this guide to see how to get iPhone out of Emergency SOS mode.
My iPhone 13 Stuck on Emergency SOS Screen
My iPhone is stuck displaying a screen saying "Your emergency contacts have been notified" and I can't figure out how to stop it. How do I get my iPhone out of emergency SOS mode?
- Question from Apple Community
There is no doubt that Emergency SOS is a great feature for everyone. When in a dangerous situation, it will send a message to emergency contacts to let them know the location of the person who needs help.
However, SOS mode starts by itself when you don't need it. What’s worse, iPhone is stuck on emergency SOS screen, rendering you unable to use your phone. Well, don’t worry too much, this guide will tell you why iPhone stuck on emergency SOS screen and how to get out of the situation.
|❓Why iPhone stuck on SOS screen||Wrong operations; system crashes; jailbreak failed...|
|🛠Fix iPhone stuck on emergency SOS||1. Restart your iPhone; 2. Charge your iPhone; 3. Restore iPhone from its stuck state...|
Why iPhone Stuck on Emergency SOS Screen?
Here are some of the possible reasons that may cause the iPhone stuck on emergency mode problem.
● Wrong operations. You may have pressed Power, Volume Up, and Volume Down buttons together so the SOS mode screen appears.
● System crashes. It's possible that some software glitches caused your iPhone to get stuck on the emergency SOS screen.
● Jailbreak failure. An error during the jailbreak process or bugs in the system can also cause the iPhone stuck on SOS screen problem.
How to Fix iPhone Stuck on Emergency SOS Screen
Here are some methods that can help you get iPhone out of emergency SOS mode. These methods can be applied to all iPhone models, including iPhone 14, iPhone 13, iPhone 12, iPhone 11, iPhone X, iPhone SE, iPhone 8.
Tip 1. Force Restart iPhone
Any time when the iPhone is not working properly, you can first try a hard reset. A simple restart may help fix system glitches that caused the iPhone stuck on emergency mode issue.
iPhone 8 or later: Press the volume + button and then quickly release. Press the volume - button and then quickly release. Press the side button for seconds until you see the Apple logo.
iPhone 7/7 Plus: Press both the power button and volume - button for seconds until you see the Apple logo.
iPhone 6s or earlier: Press both the power button and the Home button for seconds until you see the Apple logo.
Tip 2. Turn off and Charge iPhone
If a force restart not working, you can turn off your iPhone and charge it for 1 hour. Then turn on your iPhone and see if the problem is solved. If you cannot power off your iPhone, please move on to the next solution.
Tip 3. Restore iPhone
If you have a computer at hand, you can choose to restore your iPhone via iTunes. However, this method may cause data loss if you do not have a backup. Or you can try to make a backup before the restoration.
Backup iPhone before Restore
Generally, you can make a full backup with iTunes.
- Download and install the latest version on computer.
- Plug in your iPhone and trust the computer.
- Click the Device tab.
- Go to Summary > Select This Computer > Click Back Up Now to make it.
It will backup almost all content and settings of iPhone but not the media files. In addition, it may take a long time to complete the process because it will backup the entire iPhone content. If you want to backup some important files to save time and energy, you may try FoneTool.
FoneTool is one professional iOS data management tool for Windows PC users. It provides Full Backup and Selective Backup to help users backup data in different situations. You can let it help you backup selected contacts, messages, photos, videos, music, etc. to computer, USB flash drive, external hard drive.
1. Download and install FoneTool on computer.
2. Launch FoneTool and plug in your iPhone.
3. Click Phone Backup > Choose Selective Backup and select the files you want to backup.
4. Select a path to save your files and click Start Backup.
Restore iPhone via iTunes to Fix iPhone Stuck on Emergency SOS
- Make sure you have installed the latest version of iTunes on computer.
- Open iTunes and connect your iPhone.
- Click the Device tab.
- Go to Summary and choose Restore iPhone.
When the process is done, your iPhone will restart as you first turn it on. Set up your iPhone and restore iTunes backup or restore selected files via FoneTool.
Tip 4. Put iPhone in Recovery Mode
If you do not want to restore your iPhone or can’t restore iPhone via iTunes, then you can try to update iPhone in recovery mode.
- Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes installed.
- Connect iPhone to computer.
- Put iPhone in recovery mode by hard resetting your iPhone as shown in Tip 1.
- Click the Device tab and you will see the option to ask you to Update or Restore the device.
- Choose Update and wait for the process to complete.
Tip 5. Contact Apple Support
If all the above methods cannot help you fix the iPhone stuck on emergency SOS issue, you can contact Apple Support online or take your iPhone to a local Apple Store to ask for help.
You can first go to https://support.apple.com/ > Choose Get Support > Choose a device or service or you can describe your problem > Click Continue > Choose Chat or Call to contact Apple Support.
They will try to help you get iPhone out of emergency SOS mode. If the problem still cannot be solved, then you can go to the nearest authorized Apple Store and ask for help.
When iPhone stuck on emergency SOS screen, you can try to force restart iPhone, restore iTunes via iTunes or update iPhone in recovery mode. If nothing works, you can contact Apple Support to help you fix the problem.
If this guide helps you out, please share it with others. Or you can contact us if you have other questions.