Tutorial: How to Add Your Own Music to iTunes on iPhone
This post mainly introduces how to add your own music to iTunes on iPhone. Specifically, two options are introduced for your choice. One is to use iTunes, and another is to use free software FoneTool.
How do I upload my music to my iPhone?
The problem here is that I’ve got some demos and live recordings from indie bands that aren’t available to stream on the Apple music. I would like them, as well as some of my own home recordings to be available through Apple music. So, how do I upload my music to my iPhone?”
How to add your own music to iTunes on iPhone
Actually, the way how to add your own music to iTunes on iPhone from a computer is not complicated. You need to first add the computer music that you wish to transfer to your iPhone to your iTunes library and then sync music from your iTunes library to your iPhone’s music folder. Follow the steps below to learn how can you add your own music from computer to iPhone via iTunes.
Step 1. Connect the iPhone to the computer using a USB cable.
Step 2. Download the latest version of iTunes on your computer from the Microsoft Store and then open it.
Step 3. Click the device icon on the left corner of the iTunes screen.
Step 4. Click File and then choose Add File to Library from the drop-down list to add music files to the iTunes library you want to move to iPhone.
Step 5. Go to Music, select Sync Music, and then choose sync Entire music library. After this, click Apply.
✍Note: You need to pay attention to the following two things if you’re trying to transfer music from PC to iPhone via iTunes:
- You are only allowed to transfer songs purchased from the iTunes store via iTunes; items downloaded from other sources or copied from CDs are not on the list because they will not be recognized at all.
- If you sync a few songs or the entire iTunes library to the iPhone, you will lose any existing media files on your iPhone such as music, ringtones, playlists, and so on. Because syncing with iTunes will erase all data.
Another option: Free iPhone transfer software FoneTool
If you are sick of the limitations of transferring music via iTunes, another option for you is to use the free yet professional iOS transfer tool FoneTool. It enables you to transfer all kinds of data, including music, photos, videos, messages, contacts, etc., between PCs and iOS devices, as well as between iOS devices, for example, from iPad to iPad, iPhone to iPad, iPad to iPhone.
Compared with transferring music via iTunes, it has the following advantages:
- Fast speed. You are free to share all kinds of music from any source, whether purchased or not, with high transfer speed.
- Free of data loss. The transfer task has no effect on the data on your source iPhone, which means the existing media files on your iPhone stay safe. It also does not reduce the quality of the transfer files.
- Wide compatibility. It is compatible with all the iOS systems, even the latest iOS 15.
Step 1. Download and install FoneTool on your computer. Connect your iPhone to the computer using a USB cable and then open FoneTool. Go to Phone Transfer, locate PC to iPhone option, and then click Start Transfer.
Step 2. Click the box area to add or drag and drop music that you want to transfer to your iPhone from your computer.
Step 3. After you have added all music you want, click Start Transfer to transfer the music to your iPhone.
This post mainly introduces how to add your own music to iTunes on iPhone. sing iTunes, you cant transfer non-purchased music and you may also suffer the risk of data loss. Therefore, we offer you a free iOS transfer tool FoneTool to help you transfer data between PCs and iOS devices, as well as between iOS devices themselves without limitations. You can give it a shot if you're looking for a free, simple, and secure way to transfer data.