How to Backup and Restore UniFi Controller on Windows
Whether you are a novice or an experienced user, this article provides a clear and easy-to-follow approach to safeguarding your UniFi network infrastructure.
Importance of regular backups for UniFi Controller on Windows
The UniFi Controller serves as the centralized management interface for Ubiquiti Networks' UniFi products, allowing users to configure and manage network devices efficiently. However, unforeseen circumstances can lead to the loss of critical configuration data. By creating regular backups of the UniFi Controller, users can mitigate the risk of data loss and expedite the restoration process in the event of an unforeseen issue.
A UniFi backup file is generated by the UniFi Controller software, which is used to manage UniFi networking and video devices. This backup file contains the configuration settings, including network settings, device settings, and other configurations within the UniFi ecosystem. It allows users to easily restore their UniFi Controller to a previous state in case of hardware failure, migration to a new server, or simply to revert to a previous configuration.
Step-by-Step Guide: How to Backup UniFi Controller on Windows
The backup of unifi controller windows is an essential tool for ensuring the integrity and reliability of a UniFi network setup.
Create a UniFi Backup
1. Access and log into your UniFi OS Console at unifi.ui.com or locally via its IP address.
2. Once logged in, navigate to the "Settings" option within the UniFi Controller interface.
3. Locate the "Maintenance" tab. Under this section, you will find the "Backup" option. Click on "Backup" to initiate the backup process.
4. Specify the backup parameters, such as the backup name and the location where the backup file will be saved. Ensure that you choose a recognizable name for the backup file and select a secure, accessible location to store the backup.
5. Click on the "Download" button to initiate the backup process.
Restore UniFi from Backup
Restoring a UniFi controller from backup involves a few steps.
1. In the UniFi controller interface, look for the "Settings" > "Advanced" and click the "Restore" in the Restore Device section.
2. Select the device on the Device Selection drop-down field, which you will restore from a backup.
3. Confirm that you will restore your device either to the latest backup or select another backup from a list by clicking on the here text button.
4. Enter your SSO account password and click Restore to begin the restoring process.
Backup Windows Server with AOMEI Cyber Backup
Physical Server backup software is a fundamental component of data protection strategies for businesses and organizations of all sizes. Here are 2 backup solution for you to maintain the integrity and availability of data, reduce the risk of data loss, and facilitate disaster recovery efforts.
AOMEI Cyber Backup presents a comprehensive approach to safeguarding critical data on physical servers. This backup software boasts a range of features designed to ensure data resilience and rapid recovery in the face of potential disasters or data loss events. Its key features include:
❃ Centralized Management: With its centralized management console, you can streamline data protection across multiple systems, enhancing efficiency and control.
❃ Support Multiple Platforms: Support not only physical server backups, but also virtual machine backups and SQL database backups.
❃ Automated Backups: Regularly and automatically copy critical data stored on servers to a secure location.
You could download AOMEI Cyber Backup from the button below to create a Windows Server backup for free.
1. First, you need to install the AOMEI Cyber Backup Agent on your target device before creating a Windows server backup.
2. Navigate to Source Device to add Windows Device, then fill in the correct IP address and user information.
3. Go to Backup Task > Create New Task > Disk Backup.
4. Choose your Windows Server hard disk to backup.
5. Choose a destination to save the backup. To achieve the 3-2-1 backup rule, you can use the existing devices in your hands, such as, external hard drive, USB drive, network drive, etc.
6. Schedule backup method as full / incremental / differential backup and run the backup tasks at daily / weekly / monthly.
7. Click Start Backup to protect your Windows Server data.
✐(Optional) Upgrade to enjoy more features:
1- Backup more Windows Servers
2 - Backup cleanup
3 - Restore to new location
Creating regular backups of the UniFi Controller on a Windows environment is imperative for safeguarding critical configuration data and ensuring network resilience. By following the step-by-step guide outlined in this article, you can confidently back up UniFi Controller on Windows, providing a safety net against potential data loss. Remember, proactive measures such as regular backups are key to maintaining the integrity and security of your network infrastructure.