Top 5 PC Inspector Alternatives for Windows in 2023
In this review, the top 5 PC Inspector alternatives are provided with their pros and cons. After learning about them, you can choose the most suitable one for your computer.
Discovering the best data recovery software tailored to your needs can pose quite a challenge. Striking the right balance between cost, speed, and effectiveness is important. While PC Inspector File Recovery might appeal to some users, it may not be the perfect fit for everyone.
For those who find themselves less satisfied with PC Inspector File Recovery, we've selected the top 5 PC Inspector alternatives. These options will empower you to make an informed choice when selecting your next data recovery tool.
About PC Inspector File Recovery
Developed by Convar, PC Inspector File Recovery serves as a no-cost data recovery tool aimed at recovering lost or recovering deleted photos and videos from Windows-based computers. Nonetheless, it falls short in several key areas when compared to the majority of data recovery solutions available today.
There are several reasons why PC Inspector File Recovery falls behind:
- Dated User Interface: One of the immediate issues you'll encounter is its severely outdated user interface. Performing even basic tasks, like initiating a scan, becomes challenging due to unlabeled buttons, requiring users to rely on guesswork.
- Limited to Windows: This tool is exclusively available on Windows, leaving Mac and Linux users seeking a PC Inspector File Recovery alternative, Notably, there's no mention of support for Windows versions beyond Windows XP in its documentation.
- File System Limitations: PC Inspector File Recovery only supports recovery from FAT 12/16/32 and NTFS file systems. The lack of updates casts doubt on its compatibility with newer file systems.
- Limited Support: As a free tool, it lacks official support, which can be a significant drawback when encountering issues.
These combined shortcomings make it evident that PC Inspector File Recovery can no longer compete with modern market offerings. You may need a PC Inspector alternative tool now.
Best 5 PC Inspector File Recovery Alternatives
Having delved into its drawbacks, let's now shift our focus to our top 5 alternatives to PC Inspector File Recovery, along with concise summaries of their respective pros and cons.
MyRecover proves efficient in various data loss scenarios, including situations where data isn't in the Recycle Bin or lacks backup. It can be one of the best PC Inspector alternatives for Windows.
📍 Key Features:
- Supports recovery from HDD, SSD, USB sticks, and SD cards.
- Recovers 200+ types of data, including Word, Excel, PPT, Photos, Videos, Audio, Emails, and Compressed files.
- Offers Quick Scan and Deep Scan to find deleted and lost files automatically.
Here's a quick glimpse of the typical recovery process using MyRecover:
- Maintains original filename, path, and format for deleted files.
- Allows filtering and previewing based on Filename, Document Type, Path, Date, or Size.
- Backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Lacks support for MacOS.
2. Wondershare Recoverit
Wondershare Recoverit stands out as a feature-rich data recovery solution with an intuitive user interface. It can recover over 1000+ file types, including photos, videos, and audio, boasting a 95% recovery rate under appropriate conditions. Additionally, a robust online support center with a chatbot is available for assistance when needed.
📍 Key Features:
- Advanced video recovery capability.
- Preview function to verify recovered files.
- Compatible with both Windows and Mac, offering 100MB of free recovery.
- Provides free recovery up to 100MB.
- Supports 1000+ file formats and 2000+ devices.
- Features a user-friendly interface.
- No portable version is available.
3. Minitool Power Data Recovery
Minitool Power Data Recovery emerges as a compelling alternative to PC Inspector, capable of handling diverse data loss scenarios. It's compatible with Windows 11 and supports over 100+ file extensions. Unique features include the ability to create a bootable drive for recovering a crashed operating system and MiniTool Video Repair for repairing corrupted video files.
📍 Key Features:
- Preview function for verifying recovered files.
- Saves scan results for future recovery.
- Offers the option to create bootable WinPE media.
- Provides up to 1GB of free recovery.
- Features a straightforward interface.
- Allows the creation of bootable WinPE media.
- The recovery process can be time-consuming.
- Scans bad sectors, which may increase scan duration.
Recuva, developed by Piriform (known for CCleaner), offers an appealing option for users, boasting free unlimited recovery. A reasonably priced paid version provides access to support for virtual hard drives, automatic updates, and priority support.
📍 Key Features:
- Guided recovery with a wizard-like interface.
- Secure deletion for thoroughly erasing files.
- Deep scan for recovering hard-to-find data.
- Unlimited free recovery.
- Affordable paid licenses.
- User-friendly interface with guided recovery.
- Not as reliable as paid alternatives.
- Last updated in 2016.
5. EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is a comprehensive data recovery solution catering to Windows users, enabling them to retrieve lost data from a variety of sources, including computers, laptops, disks, USB drives, and more. It boasts features set that empowers users to recover data lost due to various factors such as formatting, accidental deletion, virus infections, system crashes, and more.
📍 Key Features:
- Stores scan results for future use.
- File preview feature for precise recovery.
- Pro users can receive one-on-one remote recovery assistance.
- Offers free recovery up to 500MB (expandable to 2GB via the share button).
- Available in multiple languages.
- No support is available for the free version.
- The backup feature requires a separate installation.
To Sum Up
PC Inspector File Recovery may not meet the expectations of all users, primarily due to its outdated interface and limited features. Exploring our five recommended PC Inspector alternatives provides an opportunity to find a data recovery solution that meet your specific needs.
In closing, it's crucial to emphasize the importance of selecting a reliable data recovery tool while also implementing a robust backup solution to safeguard your data. Establishing a routine backup schedule can let you restore files from backup directly, instead of a specialized data recovery tool.