Best Free Outlook PST Recovery Software and Detailed Guide
This post introduces the best free Outlook PST recovery software and steps to recover an Outlook PSF file with it easily. Some other recovery solutions are also listed on this page.
How do I recover my Outlook PST file?
Outlook PSF file is the Outlook data file, which includes your Outlook messages and other Outlook items. It will be saved on your computer generally. Since all your Outlook data will be saved in the Outlook PST file, it will exactly annoy you if the Microsoft Outlook files disappeared.
Then you may want to know how to recover your Outlook PST file and look for an easy-to-use Outlook PST recovery software. Don’t worry, the best recovery software for Outlook PST files and other recovery solutions are all introduced in the following parts. Please keep reading to know more.
Best free Outlook PST recovery software
Since you may not know the definite cause of Outlook PST files, professional recovery software is quite important for you. After comparing with many recovery tools, we pick the best free Outlook PST recovery tool for your - MyRecover.
MyRecover is a professional and reliable file recovery software. More than 200 types of files are supported to be recovered in MyRecover. You can use it to recover deleted files and recover deleted folders in Outlook successfully.
- As the best recovery software, MyRecover has many shining advantages:
- Recover from all kinds of storage devices like SSD, HDD, USB flash drives, SD cards, and more.
- Provide multiple scanning methods like Deep Scan and Quick Scan.
- Available in all Windows operating systems containing Windows 11, 10, 8, 7, and Windows Server 2022, 2019, 2016, 2012, etc.
- High recovery rate and speed.
- Keep the recovered file’s original name, path, and format.
You can click on the Download Software button to get such a recovery tool on your computer. Then, here is a 3-step guideline to recover lost or deleted files via MyRecover:
1. Run the MyRecover application, and click the partition or disk that saved your Outlook PST files before. And click Start Scan to scan this storage location.
2. Next, you can see all your deleted files and other missing files after Quick Scan/Deep Scan by MyRecover automatically.
3. Check if your Outlook PST files are in the scanning result. You can choose a safe location to store them now. After that, click on the Recover X files button to recover your Outlook PST files with such a professional PST recovery tool.
How to recover Outlook PST files in other ways
In some cases, you can also get back something you accidentally deleted without downloading software. Here we prepared 4 different methods to recover Outlook PST files and you can have a try. If all of them cannot help you to find your Outlook PST files, please use the PST recovery software above.
Way 1. Recover Outlook PST files from Advanced Find
Your Outlook PST files may not be deleted really. Instead, the storage location of them may be changed due to virus attacks or other reasons. There is an outstanding feature called Advanced Find in Outlook. Try using it to recover your Outlook PST files:
1. Run the Outlook application on your computer. Select the Search tab on the menu.
2. Choose Advanced Find in Search Tools.
3. You can input the name of your Outlook PST file and click on the Browse button. If your Outlook PST files have not been deleted, they will show up.
Way 2. Recover Outlook PST files from backup
This method is suitable for you if you have created backups of your Outlook PST files or the whole folder that contains lost files. Follow the steps to recover Outlook PST files from backup:
1. Run the Outlook application, and choose Open & Export on the menu. Select Import/Export then.
2. Choose Import from another program or file and then press Next. Choose project to your selected folder. Then click Finish.
Way 3. Recover Outlook PST files in Deleted Items
If you recently deleted your Outlook PST files by mistake, you can go to the Deleted Items part to see if they exist. Here is an easy guideline to find Outlook PST files from Deleted Items:
1. In Outlook, click on Deleted Files.
2. Under the Home tab, choose Recover Deleted Items from Server.
3. Select your Outlook PST files here and tick Restore Selected Items. Then press OK.
Way 4. Recover Outlook PST files by repairing
Maybe your Outlook PST files have been corrupted. To recover them, you need to repair them with Inbox Repair Tool:
1. Open the Inbox Repair Tool, and input the name of your Outlook PST file.
2. Then click on Browse to choose corrupted files and Start to recover the PST file.
3. If you find errors, click on Repair to fix them here.
Written in the end
The best free Outlook PST recovery software has been introduced in detail in this article. If you are not sure of the causes of your Outlook PST files loss, you can use it to recover lost files directly. If your Outlook PST files have not been permanently deleted, you can try some other solutions as well.