How to Recover Permanently Deleted Files on Dropbox Fast
Wanna know how to recover permanently deleted files on Dropbox? Don’t panic. Continue reading to get an easy and fast way to find your Dropbox files back.
How do I restore deleted Dropbox files?
“Can permanently deleted files be recovered? Someone on our team deleted an important shared folder over the holidays, and we just now noticed. It's been more than 30 days, so nothing is showing up on the Deleted files list. Is there some way to get the files back?”
As one of the most mainstream cloud storage services in the market, Dropbox provides users with rich and high-quality services, so many users choose to store and share their important files in Dropbox.
However, your files are also at risk because your files stored in Dropbox can be deleted by mistake for different reasons, or worse, permanently deleted. So how to recover permanently deleted files on Dropbox? Here comes an easy way to recover Dropbox deleted files and you can have a try.
How to recover permanently deleted files on Dropbox
How to recover permanently deleted files from Dropbox? Is there a way to recover deleted files from Dropbox more than 180 days? The answer is yes. Since Dropbox only keeps your deleted files for 180 days at most if you are a Dropbox Family account user. So you cannot directly find your permanently deleted files from Dropbox. But here comes a nice file rescue tool - MyRecover, which can scan your disk or partition to find your Dropbox files and recover them easily.
MyRecover can also help you to recover permanently deleted files in Windows easily. In addition, it provides many wonderful highlights for free:
- High recovery success rate and recovery speed.
- Recover 200+ types of data like photos, videos, audios, Word files, Excel files, compress files, etc.
- Restore deleted files from USB/SSD/HDD, and support file systems like NTFS, FAT32, exFAT, and ReFS in Windows.
- Compatible with Windows 11/10/8/7 and Windows Server.
Now, you can click on the Download Software button to download and install MyRecover. Then follow the steps below to solve the how to retrieve permanently deleted files from Dropbox issue:
1. First, click the partition or disk where your Dropbox files are deleted. And click Start Scan to let it be scanned.
2. Then you can see your deleted Dropbox files and other missing files after Quick Scan and Deep Scan automatically here. You can type your filename in the search box or use the Filter feature to find your Dropbox files quickly.
3. Next, check the scanning result. Select a new location to store your recovered Dropbox files. After that, click on the Recover X files button to recover your deleted Dropbox files.
Advanced: How to recover Dropbox files
After knowing how to recover permanently deleted files in Dropbox, there are some other ways to recover deleted data on Dropbox. You can use them to restore files and restore folders in Dropbox in time.
Solution 1. Recover Dropbox files from Deleted files folder
There is a Deleted files folder in Dropbox, like the Recycle Bin, which will keep your recently deleted files and folders. According to the type of your account (Basic/Pro/Family), Dropbox will keep your deleted data for 30/120/180 days. You can recover Dropbox files from the Deleted file folder like recovering deleted files from Recycle Bin.
1. Go to the Dropbox website and log into your account.
2. Choose the Deleted files option on the left menu.
3. Choose the files or folders to restore, and click on the Restore/Restore all files. Then the deleted files will be restored to the original location.
Solution 2. Recover Dropbox files via Version history
If you just lost one version of your files, you can use the Version history feature to recover it easily. Here are the easy steps to restore version history of file:
1. On your Dropbox account page, choose All files on the left menu.
2. Press the three dots icon next to your file, and choose Version history in the pop-up window.
3. Choose the version you want to restore, then click on the Restore button next to it.
Solution 3. Recover Dropbox files with Dropbox Rewind
There is a Rewind feature in Dropbox that can undo changes to files like deletion, renames, edits, etc. Follow the steps to use Rewind to undo the deletion of your files.
1. Sign into your Dropbox account. Go to the upper folder that contains your deleted files.
2. Select the three dots icon to choose Activity > Rewind this folder.
3. Choose Get Started and Pick a day > Fine tune. Select a version to keep.
4. After the above, click on the Rewind button.
Solution 4. Recover Dropbox files from cache
Once your files were deleted from Dropbox, the cache folder will keep them for 3 days. Then they will be completely deleted from the hard drive. You can refer to the guide to recover files from cache:
1. Open the File Explorer.
2. Navigate to %HOMEPATH%\Dropbox\.dropbox.cache to find your deleted Dropbox files.
Reading here, you will know how to restore permanently deleted files from Dropbox. Dropbox itself cannot help you to recover permanently deleted files. So how to recover permanently deleted files on Dropbox? The easiest and most useful way is top-rated data recovery software like MyRecover. With a few clicks, you can restore your permanently deleted files easily.