Full Guide: How to Delete a Page in Word Effectively
This tutorial will introduce how to delete a page in Word. Whether or not there is content in your document, you can find a suitable way to delete a page in Word effectively.
How do you delete an extra page on Word?
I need to delete a blank page in Word. Do I need to explain? This is literally the worst and hardest thing to do. Yet you still manage to sound like a dumbass when you ask a co-worker for help. So I sneakily try to google the answer but it’s no help.
- Question from Reddit
Microsoft Word is a widely-used office tool in the world. You can use it to create, edit, and share documents in daily life and work, which brings a lot of convenience to you.
However, when you edit in the Word application, you may meet the situation that need to delete a page in Word. It seems that there are many users in forums who want to know how to delete extra page in Word. Do not worry, you can get a useful solution to delete a page in Word.
Besides, if you delete your Word documents by accident, we also prepare some tips for you to recover deleted Word file for free.
How to delete a page in Word: 2 choices
How to remove a page in Word? It is different to delete a blank page or delete a page with content in Word. We conclude with different ways to delete a page in Word for both of these requirements.
Part 1. Delete a page with content in Word
If you have added words, images, or other content on the page but you want to delete it in Word now, you can consider trying this method to remove it.
1. Scroll to the page that needs to be deleted. Choose all the content on it.
2. Press the Ctrl and G keys at the same time to open this window. And click on the Go to tab.
3. Under Enter page number, please input \page. Then press the Go To button at the bottom.
4. After the above, delete the page by pressing the Delete key on your keyboard.
Part 2. Delete a blank page in Word
Then, how to delete blank pages in Word? This is a common problem from Microsoft Word users. In most cases, the Word editor often creates some blank pages at the end of your Word document for no reason. Thus, we provide an effective way to remove blank pages in Word step by step here.
1. On the top taskbar, click on the View tab. And tick the Navigation Pane option under it.
2. Then you can see all pages under Navigation on the left side. Choose the blank page that you want to delete, and tap the Delete key on your keyboard.
Tip: How to recover deleted Word documents quickly
Now you have known how to delete a page in Word. Take a look at the following tips to recover Word file after deletion if you have the requirement.
If you want to recover deleted Word documents effortlessly and efficiently, but are not an expert in IT, professional data recovery software can help you a lot.
We highly recommend you an easy and useful file recovery tool called MyRecover. It is suitable for everyone with a simple graphical user interface and easy operation steps.
Importantly, MyRecover provides powerful recovery features to help you recover data from any situation including accidental deletion, formation, and more.
Let’s have a look at the shining points and advantages of MyRecover.
- Recover deleted files from SSD, HDD, USB, SD cards, and more storage devices.
- Support to recover more than 200 types of data, containing Word files, Excel files, emails, photos, audio, web pages, compressed files, and so on.
- Keep the original filename, format and path during the data recovery task
- Work well with all versions of Windows operating systems: Windows 11, 10, 8, 7, XP, and Windows Server.
Here is an easy tutorial to recover deleted Word documents with MyRecover. After downloading and installing the MyRecover desktop client on your computer, you can do it as below.
1. First, choose the partition or disk where your Word documents were saved before. And click the Start Scan button to let it be scanned.
2. During the Quick Scan and Deep Scan process, you can see your deleted Word files and other lost files in the selected partition or drive.
3. Next, check the scanning result. Tick the Word files that you want to recover. After that, click on the Recover X files button to begin the recovery task.
Written in the end
This article shows you how to delete a page in Word step by step. Whether there are some content in the page or not, you can find a useful method on the page.
Besides, we prepare a tip for you to recover lost data in Word document - using a professional data recovery tool named MyRecover. It can help you restore any type of data in a few clicks.