How to Recover Data from Transcend SD Card?
On this page, you can successfully complete Transcend SD card recovery with 2 effective options. If needed, gain 3 ways to repair your corrupted Transcend SD card.
- Can I Recover Data from A Transcend SD Card?
- Perform Transcend SD Card Recovery Effectively (2 Options)
- Further Reading: How to Fix Corrupted Transcend SD Card
- 6 Quick Tips-Prevention for SD Card Data Loss
"Hey, folks! I was using a Transcend SD card in my Canon camera, and it got corrupted. I lost some important pics. Has anybody tried Transcend SD card recovery software on Windows for Canon cameras? Did it work well, or should I consider other options? Thanks!"
Many users may encounter the issue of accidental deletion of certain data from the Transcend SD card or corruption of the Transcend SD card. If your lost SD card means a lot to you, after data loss, you might be eager to recover deleted files from Transcend SD cards.
Fortunately, this article provides you with a comprehensive guide to performing Transcend SD card recovery using data recovery software MyRecover or RecoveRx.
In addition to recovering Transcend SD cards, it can also recover efficiently SanDisk, Samsung, Sony, Lexar SD card, etc. Besides, you can also get 3 ways to repair your corrupted Transcend SD card.
Can I Recover Data from A Transcend SD Card?
Absolutely, you can recover data from a Transcend SD card. Data loss is a common issue and can happen due to various reasons such as accidental deletion, formatting, or corruption.
If you don't have backups, you can use specialized Transcend SD card recovery software like MyRecover, or RecoveRx.
When your data gets deleted or lost, please note the following points:
Stop using the SD card: Stop using your SD card immediately to prevent data overwriting.
Don't add new files: Avoid adding any new files to the SD card to prevent further data loss.
Avoid formatting: Do not format the SD card again; it makes recovery harder.
Save recovered files safely: Recovered files should be saved in another drive.
Perform Transcend SD Card Recovery Effectively (2 Options)
This part provides 2 options for you to complete Transcend SD card recovery.
Option 1: Perform Transcend SD Card Recovery by MyRecover
As mentioned above, without backups, using a powerful Transcend SD card recovery tool like MyRecover is the simplest and most reliable method to get data back.
- Recover 200+ formats:It is able to recover deleted Microsoft Word, Excel, PPT, JPG, PNG, MP4, MP3, CDA, ZIP, MSG, and more.
- Support different brands of SD cards, such as Transcend, SanDisk, PNY, Samsung, Lexar, Kingston, etc.
- recover data from Transcend SD cards, external hard drives, pen drives, memory cards, and more.
- Support varied types of Transcend SD cards including SDHC cards, SDXC cards, Micro SD cards, and CF cards.
Steps to perform Transcend SD card recovery via MyRecover
Step 1. First, connect your SD/memory card to your computer. Download and launch MyRecover; select your card and click Start Scan.
Step 2. MyRecover automatically and thoroughly scans your Transcend or other brands of SD card to find all recoverable data. You can quickly locate specific files using the convenient Search Box or the Filter feature.
- Type: Select the file type (Documents, Images, Videos, Audios, Mails, Webpages, Compressed files, etc.)
- Date modified: Set the date (today, yesterday, last 7/30 days, etc.)
- Size: Filter the file size (<128KB, 128KB~1MB, 1MB~ 512MB, 512MB above, etc.)
Step 3. You will see a list of data that the software found on your Transcend SD card. Choose your desired files to recover and press Recover x files.
Step 4. Choose a new location to save the recovered files. Click Select Folder to confirm. Recovery will take a few minutes or longer based on the data size.
- You can recover up to 30MB of data from Transcend, Samsung, SanDisk, Lexar, Sony, etc. SD card for free. If you need more, consider upgrading to advanced editions for unlimited data recovery.
- The restore button will display the number of selected files and their full size. You can use it to determine the integrity of the recovered files.
- You can also use it to do other Transcend memory card recovery. The steps are exactly the same as recover data from SD cards.
Option 2: Perform Transcend SD Card Recovery by RecoveRx
Transcend offers its exclusive data recovery software called RecoveRx, designed for the easy recovery of photos, videos, and more with just a few clicks.
- Support multiple file types and formats, as shown in the table above.
- Support various storage devices, it works with Transcend devices like SD cards, CF cards, JetFlash flash drives, StoreJet external hard drives, digital music players, etc.
- Enable to recover deleted or disappeared files from SD cards.
- It has a user-friendly interface and is compatible with Windows and macOS.
However, Transcend's RecoverRx software also has some limitations:
- 🎑 Limited file types: It may not recover all types of files, like audio, mails or compressed files, etc.
- 🎇 Unsupported common formats: Certain popular formats like DOCX, XLSX, MOV, WEBM, ZIP, RAR, etc might not be recoverable.
- 🎏 No File Preview and pause: You can't pause scans or preview files during the process.
- 🎆 File Organization: Recovered files are placed in separate folders, not retaining the original structure.
- 🧨 Corrupted Files: Using RecoverRx for photo recovery may result in some photos being corrupted.
Steps to perform Transcend SD card recovery via RecoverRx
Step 1. Connect your Transcend SD card to your computer, then download and launch RecoveRx.
Step 2. Choose to Recover after launching the software. RecoveRx will automatically find your connected Transcend SD card.
Step 3. Select a new location for your recovered files (default location is C:\Recovered Files), and click Next.
Step 4. Choose the types of files you want to recover like photos or documents, and click Start.
Step 5. Once scanning finishes, the software will display the total recovered files. Then, click Close.
Further Reading: How to Fix Corrupted Transcend SD Card
Sometimes, you may face a Transcend SD card corruption issue resulting in data loss. Then, follow these 3 methods to fix a corrupted Transcend SD card in order to prevent data loss from the beginning.
Way 1. Update or Reinstall the SD Card Device Driver
Outdated or damaged drivers can prevent SD cards from being recognized by Windows OS. If your Transcend SD card or other external drives are not recognized by Windows, you can update or reinstall drivers to fix them.
1. Connect your SD card to the Windows PC. Then press “Win + X” and select the “Device Manager” option to open it.
2. Find the Disk Drives and right-click on your Transcend SD Card. Select “Update driver” or “Uninstall device” as you prefer.
3. Restart your PC and the OS will reinstall the hard drive automatically. You can also click “Browse my computers for drivers” and locate the unpacked latest driver.
Way 2. Check and Repair SD Card
To check and repair a corrupted Transcend SD card using Windows' built-in disk check feature, follow these steps:
1. Connect your SD card to your computer. Start this PC or My Computer.
2. Right-click the corruptedSD card> Click Properties > Tools > Check.
3. Click Scan Drive to find any error on the disk and fix it.
Way 3. Seek Help from Data Recovery Services
If fixing your damaged Transcend SD card is too hard or it's physically damaged, etc. it's best to seek professional help from a Transcend repair center or a reputable data recovery service such as ACE Data Recovery, Secure Data Recovery, Geek Squad, and Platinum Data Recovery.
6 Quick Tips-Prevention for SD Card Data Loss
No one wants to suffer data loss. If you want to prevent SD cards data loss, here are 6 commonly used tips for you:
1. Eject Safely: Always remove your Transcend SD card properly from your device to prevent data corruption.
2. Regular Backups: Use tools like AOMEI Backupper to back up your data regularly. This way, if something happens, you can quickly restore your files from backups.
3. Check for Errors: Periodically scan your Transcend SD card for errors or issues. Most devices have built-in tools for this purpose.
4. Use One Device: Stick to using one SD card with one device. Switching between devices with different file systems can lead to file corruption.
5. Properly format SD card: Before using your new card on any device, make sure to format it correctly. This optimizes the card and aligns it with the device's file system, reducing the chances of errors.
6. Protect from Damage: Keep your SD card safe from extreme temperatures and physical harm. Store it in a protective case when not in use.
Why is my SD card suddenly corrupted?
Can corrupted SD card be fixed without losing data?
First, use professional SD card recovery software like MyRecover to recover deleted or lost data from the corrupted SD card, and then use CHKDSK, Check Disk and other functions to repair the damaged SD card.
What is RecoveRx software?
Is there any Transcend SD card format tool?
It is easy to perform Transcend SD card recovery with professional recovery tools such as MyRecover or RecoveRx. Compared to the 2 options, MyRecover is superior in recovering file types, formats, scanning, previewing, etc., and can also recover SD cards of other brands such as Samsung, SanDisk, Lexar, etc. Also, you can use the 3 methods provided to repair a corrupted SD card.