Prograde SD Card Recovery: Get Your Images or Videos Back
Losing valuable data on Prograde SD card is a distressing experience, but with the right method, you can perform Prograde SD card recovery quickly and successfully.
Losing important files can be distressing, such as pictures or videos on Prograde SD card, but fear not! This is a very common situation for many users and there are many ways of Prograde SD card recovery to get your files back, whether it’s deleted, formatted, virus-infected, etc.
In this article, we will explore the possible reasons and best practice to recover deleted data from Prograde SD card quickly.
Reason Behind Prograde SD Card Data Loss
Before we dive into the recovery methods, it's crucial to understand the reasons behind data loss on Prograde SD cards. It gives us some clues about Prograde SD card data recovery.
- Accidental deletion.
- Formatting errors, such as you need to format the disk in drive x: before you can use it.
- File system corruption.
- Virus attacks.
- Bad sectors.
- Physical damage, such as high temperature, moisture, etc.
When you realize Prograde SD card data loss, it's essential to act promptly to maximize the chances of data recovery.
- The first thing is to stop using the SD card immediately. Don’t add new data or reformat this card. Continuing to use it may lead to data overwriting, making data recovery more challenging.
- Safely eject the SD card from your device and keep it in a safe place until you are ready to attempt recovery.
- Employ reliable data recovery software to get your files back. It’s the method with the highest success rate.
Prograde SD Card Recovery Software - Recovery Pro
Searching “Prograde SD card recovery” or similar keywords, you may find memory card data recovery software - Recovery Pro released by ProGrade Digital. This specialized software is designed to scan the SD card thoroughly and recover deleted, lost, or corrupted photo video files in Windows 10, Mac OSX 10.8, and higher, supporting more than 90 file formats.
TIF, CRW, CR2, DNG, NEF, ORF, SRF, PEF, JPEG, BMP, GIF, PNG, most types of RAW.
MOV, AVI, ASF, MOD, WMV, MP4, etc. including embedded expansion audio file formats.
In addition, it supports recovering files from CFast, SDXC, microSDHC/XC, and CompactFlash cards requiring a minimum of 4GB RAM and is compatible with Canon, DJI, GoPro, Nikon, Sony, Panasonic, Fuji cameras, etc.
✎ Is Recovery Pro free?
No, Prograde Digital offers users a free trial version, and the full version charge $49.99 for a yearly subscription. You can download it to have a try before you buy. It will start to scan your card and display files requiring recovery.
✎ Is Recovery Pro Really Working?
Yes, some users say it does what it says, but you need to purchase it for use. It will take hours to recover dozens of GB videos. The free -trial version does not show any preview or details of your files other than the name and recorded resolution. Also, you cannot save any deleted videos.
How to Recover Data using Recovery Pro Step by Step
Step 1. Download and Install free-trial Prograde memory card data recovery software -Recovery Pro. Then, select Images or Video and click Next. Here take Video as an example.
Step 2. It will display all the available devices. Select your SD card and click Next.
Step 3. Confirm your recovery option and click Change to select a new location.
Step 4. It will start scanning the selected device. Once completed, click Next to save your files. You will be asked to upgrade to full version.
Step 5. Finally, click Yes or No to confirm if your video files are recovered completely. If the answer is positive, you can then view your videos in the destination folder.
Another Effective Way of Prograde SD Card Recovery
Prograde Recovery Pro is designed to recover images and videos from Prograde SD cards in Windows 10, Mac OSX 10.8, and higher. But sometimes you need to use another data recovery software.
- You are using a previous system, such as Windows 7, Windows 8, etc, or a server system.
- Your memory card does not come from ProGrade Digital. Or your device is the internal disk, external drive, or flash drive.
- You also want to recover other file types, such as documents, audios, mails, compressed files, etc.
- You want more user-friendly software.
- Make a recovery test before purchasing software.
We recommend you use one more cost-effective data recovery software - MyRecover for its high success rate, compatibility, and newbie-friendliness.
With its two advanced scanning methods, you can completely recover deleted X3F/HEIF/JPG images, X3D/MXF/MP4 videos, DOC/DOCX/TXT/XLS documents, etc., and any common file types. It also helps you quickly narrow down the file types, date modified, and size. More importantly, it supports recovering 30MB for free.
Step 1. Download and install this Windows data recovery software. Connect your card as well. Then, select it and click Start Scan.
Note: This software support recovering all kinds of memory cards, such as recover CFast card, xD-Picture card, SDXC card, SDHC card, microSD or mini SD, xD card, etc. Please feel free to connect your card and start data recovery.
Step 2. It will run Quick Scan and Deep Scan automatically to find out all the deleted or lost files there. It can be images, videos, documents, mails, etc. To locate them quickly, use the Filter feature or go to the original location in the left panel.
Step 3. Then, select your desired files and click Recover x files to recover data from Prograde SD card. You will then be asked to select a location. Please select a new location instead of the original location to prevent potential data overwriting.
- The restore button will display the number of selected files and their full size. You can use it to determine the integrity of the recovered files.
- This software only supports 30MB data recovery for free. Once exceeded, please upgrade to the advanced editions.
How to Prevent Future Data Loss on Prograde SD Card
Prevention is always better than cure, and the same applies to data loss on Prograde SD cards. We have gathered some preventive measures to minimize the risk of data loss in the future:
- Regularly back up your SD card data to different storage devices, such as an external hard drive, network drive, NAS device, cloud storage, etc. It ensures you always have a copy of files and is able to restore files from backup quickly. Try Windows backup software - AOMEI Backupper Standard.
- Safely eject the SD card from the device before removing it physically.
- Don’t remove SD card while the device is still in use.
- Avoid using the same SD card on multiple devices to reduce the risk of file system corruption.
- Check your SD card regularly, such as card driver, bad sectors, virus infections, etc.
Starting Prograde SD card recovery as soon as possible is essential for users to get their valuable data back quickly. Prograde memory card data recovery software - Recovery Pro or MyRecover will help you get rid of this distressing experience.
Both of them are useful if you're sure it's pictures or videos that were lost or deleted. But if there are other file types, try MyRecover, it’s more compatible. Remember to take preventative measures to safeguard your data, so you can enjoy the convenience of SD cards without unnecessary worry.
1. Can I use Prograde Recovery Pro on a Mac system?
Yes, Prograde SD Recovery software is compatible with both Windows and Mac operating systems.
2. Can Prograde SD Recovery software retrieve deleted files permanently?
Prograde SD Recovery can recover deleted files due to accidental deletion, formatting errors, etc. However, if your data is overwritten or corrupted, it may be more challenging to retrieve.
3. Can I recover data from a physically damaged SD card?
If your SD card is slightly damaged, you can also use a professional data recovery software like MyRecover to retrieve your data. For more severe damage, please seek assistance with data recovery services.