Perform Transcend Memory Card Recovery | 4 Easy Methods
Want to perform Transcend memory card recovery but do now know how to do it? Come here and get 4 valuable suggestions here to recover your Transcend memory card.
How do I recover my Transcend SD card?
I am a photographer and today my Transcend memory card data got lost after a shoot. It has important files that I need. Please help. I am trying to recover using a free tool on my 256GB SD card and it says it takes around 23 hours. I don't think it will work. What should I do for a Transcend memory card recovery? Can someone help me?
- Question from Reddit
Transcend is a reliable manufacturer that provides many types of products like SD cards, micro SD cards, USB flash drives, solid-state drives, and so on. Transcend memory card is one of the widely-used storage devices in the market.
However, your data in the storage device is facing a risk of loss and it is a common issue. Do not worry. No matter what unexpected situation your memory card encounters, you can find effective solutions in this article to perform a Transcend SD card recovery.
What causes Transcend SD card data loss?
Before we go to find effective SD card recovery software for your Transcend memory card, let’s discuss the causes of data loss in the memory card. You can try to avoid some of them next time you use your Transcend memory card.
- Incorrect operation: Ejecting memory card while data transferring or without disconnecting it.
- Physical damage: The memory card was broken physically.
- Virus attack: When you connect your memory card to your device, it is attacked by virus.
- Poor connection: There may be dirt on your memory card or incorrect insertion operation.
How to perform Transcend memory card recovery easily
After knowing the common causes of memory card data loss, let's solve your problem: how to recover data from SD memory card. We conclude with 4 methods for Transcend SD card file recovery. Choose the most suitable one for your memory card data.
Method 1. Perform Transcend memory card recovery fast and easily
If you want an effective and easy method, you can try this professional data recovery tool - MyRecover. All the lost and deleted data in the memory card can be recovered with such a powerful recovery service.
As an experienced recovery tool, MyRecover provides many wonderful features to do you a big favor.
- Functionality: MyRecover can restore lost or deleted data from memory cards, SSD, HDD, and more storage devices. And it supports NTFS, FAT32, exFAT, and ReFS in Windows.
- Compatibility: It can work well with Windows 11, 10, 8, 7, and Windows Server 2022, 2019, 2016, 2012, etc.
- Flexibility: It can recover 200+ types of data. For instance, Word, PPT, Excel, Photos, Videos, Audio, Emails, Web pages, and Compressed files are retrievable.
- Friendliness: Even newcomers can operate this user-friendly tool with an intuitive user interface and easy-to-follow steps.
Get MyRecover on your computer, and here comes the stepwise tutorial to recover data from Transcend memory card via MyRecover.
1. First, connect your Transcend memory card to your computer and select the memory card option on this home page. And click Start Scan to let it be scanned.
2. You will see your deleted files and other missing files from your Transcend memory card after Quick Scan and Deep Scan automatically. You do not need to wait for the scanning process to finish.
3. Check the scanning result. Choose the data that you need to recover, and click on the Recover X files button to begin the recovery task for your memory card. Remember to choose a new safe location to store your recovered data.
Method 2. Perform Transcend memory card recovery by showing hidden files
Sometimes, your data on Transcend memory card is not actually lost or deleted. Instead, it is hidden on your memory card. For this, you just need to recover hidden data by showing it up.
1. Connect your Transcend memory card to your computer.
2. Go to This PC > your memory card > View > Options > View> Show hidden files, folders, and drives.
Method 3. Perform Transcend memory card recovery with CMD
If there is an Only-read error on your Transcend memory card and you want to recover it to normal, you can try to use CMD. It can only recover readable data on your memory card. And you can only recover one file using CMD at a time.
Tip: You can check if your Transcend memory card is locked before you try to use CMD. If it is locked, you can try to switch it off to recover memory card data.
1. Search for cmd on your computer and click Run as administrator > diskpart.
2. Input list disk > select disk 0 (your Transcend memory card) > list volume
Input select volume x to choose the SD card partition > recover [drive:][filename].
For example: recover g: \2023\weekreport\week1.pdf
It means recovering a PDF file named "week1" from the "weekreport" folder under the "2023" folder from SD card G: drive.
Method 4. Perform Transcend memory card recovery using Check
If you cannot access data in Transcend memory card because of errors in the file system, you can try the Check tool in Windows according to the following steps.
1. After connecting your Transcend memory card to the computer, go to the This PC window.
2. Locate your memory card here and right-click on it to choose Properties.
3. Under the Tools tab, click on the Check button.
4. If a window pops up with the message that says “We found errors on this drive”, choose Repair drive now.
Written in the end
To perform a Transcend memory card recovery, you can try different methods in the article. We recommend you a professional data recovery tool MyRecover, and it can even help you perform RAW SD card recovery effectively.