How to Recover Deleted Data from Memory Card without Effort
This tutorial will give you some useful solutions to how to recover deleted data from memory card. You can read on to get them.
How can I recover deleted files from my SD card for free?
Just did this stupid mistake. Will data recovery software get me my footage back or is it lost forever? Data was not formatted so I think I should be able to save it. And if it is possible to recover, which software should I use?
We all use SD memory cards frequently in our daily lives and work. Users store large amounts of data on memory cards. It can be used in cameras, players, tablets, etc., and users can access this data on their computers via the SD memory card.
However, if you have experienced some irregularities in the use of your memory card, such as accidental deletion, accidental formatting, incorrect memory card insertion, etc., then you will want to know how to recover deleted data from memory card like the user in the above case. Here we prepared 3 solutions that may help you recover memory data from most situations.
3 ways to recover deleted data from memory card
How to recover the deleted files from SD card? There are 3 different methods for different situations. You can make your own decision to choose one after learning something about them.
Way 1. Recover deleted data from memory card with an easy recovery tool
If you want to learn how to recover deleted files from a memory card, here comes an easy data recovery tool - MyRecover, which can be the easiest one among the 3 ways in the post. With it, you can recover your deleted data with just a few clicks.
MyRecover is a professional data recovery tool designed for all Windows operating systems, including Windows 11/10/8/7 and Windows Server 2022, 2019, 2016, 2012, etc. It has a clear graphical user interface and simple operating guidelines so that you can recover data from SD card easily.
What’s more, MyRecover performs well in many features:
- Recover data and keep its filename/format/path.
- Support to recover more than 200 types of data, like photos, videos, audios, Doc, PPT, PDF, etc.
- Scan and recover deleted data and lost data at a high speed and recovery rate.
- Supports many main file systems like NTFS, FAT32, exFAT, and ReFS in Windows systems.
Now, let’s press the Download Software button and install it on your PC. Then you can follow the easy tutorial to recover data from your memory card.
1. First, connect your memory card to your computer and choose your memory card option on this page. And click Start Scan to let it be scanned.
2. You will see your deleted files and other missing files from the memory card after Quick Scan/Deep Scan automatically.
3. Check the scanning result and choose a new location to store your recovered files. After that, click on the Recover X files button to begin the recovery task for your memory card.
Way 2. Recover hidden data from memory card with CMD
If you want to know how to recover deleted data from memory card and hard disk, maybe it is not deleted actually, but is hidden. For this, you can consider using CMD to make it normal. Here is the easy guide to recovering hidden data from memory card using CMD:
1. Connect your memory card to your computer properly.
2. Open the Windows search box and type cmd, then choose Run as administrator. Please click Yes to allow it to make changes on your computer.
3. Input the command attrib -h -r -s /s /d G:\*.* and you can replace G: with the drive letter of your memory card.
This is just an example of how to use Windows File Recovery. You can have When the recovery process completes, you can see your hidden data in the original location.
Way 3. Recover deleted data from memory card via Microsoft recovery tool
If your data is deleted and you want to learn how to recover formatted SD card, a Microsoft recovery tool called Windows File Recovery is another choice for you. It can help you to recover data from disks, SD memory cards, or other storage devices. But it is only for Windows 10 version 2004 and later versions and does not have a graphic user interface. If you want to recover data on older system and an easier way, you can consider the Way 1.
To recover data from memory card via Windows File Recovery, you need to learn the general command line syntax first: winfr source-drive: destination-drive: [/mode] [/switches].
Then you need to check the file system of your memory card. You can go to This PC to right-click on your memory card and check it in the Properties section. Then please choose a proper mode according to the file system.
1. Get Windows File Recovery in the Microsoft Store, and install it on your computer.
2. After that, find Windows File Recovery in the Windows search box. Please select Run as administrator.
3. Input the correct command line, like winfr D: E: /extensive /n *paper*. Click Y to continue.
⇒ Note: You can also consider trying the graphic user interface of Windows File Recovery - WinfrGUI. With it, you can recover data by clicking buttons, which can be easier for you. And it is also available in Windows 11/10.
Tip: How to avoid data loss from memory card
Data loss can be quite troublesome for users and you need to spend much time on recovering data. So we provide some useful tips to avoid data loss from your memory card here:
- Create backups of your data regularly. If you back up data with a certain frequency, then the data recovery task can be very easy to do. You can consider a professional backup tool like AOMEI Backupper to help you.
- Enable antivirus software to protect your device. This action can protect your data from malware and virus attacks effectively.
- Once you hear some abnormal noise from your device, please stop using it.
- Avoid using your device in extreme heat or high humidity environments.
That’s all about how to recover deleted data from memory card. This post provides 3 different and useful options for you. You can choose to use a command-line tool or an easier data recovery tool like MyRecover. It can help you to recover data from different situations with ease. Besides, it is advisable for you to perform backups of your data regularly, which will protect it better.