Seagate Hard Disk 1TB Data Recovery Guide
With reliable data recovery software or Seagate Rescue data recovery services, you can perform Seagate hard disk 1TB data recovery easily and quickly. This article also helps to fix a corrupted disk.
Please help!! Seagate Hard Disk 1TB Data Recovery
"Hey, guys! I have a Seagate 1TB hard drive that seems to have crashed with some important personal files and work data on it. I don't want to lose them. Now I'm freaking out and wondering if there is a way to recover my data from this Seagate hard drive? Thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions!"
Seagate hard drives are widely used in different computers due to their affordable price and reliability. However, they are not immune to data loss. Usually, there are various reasons behind it. Don’t worry too much. This article will introduce you to two reliable methods.
Possible Reason Behind Data Loss on Seagate Hard Drive
You may encounter data loss on a 1TB Seagate hard disk and the reasons vary from logical failure to physical damage or mechanical failure. It could give you some clues about data recovery and further prevention.
- Logical Failure: refers to errors both in files and drives. This includes human errors like accidental deletion without backup, malware or virus infection, bad sectors, sudden power surges, as well as file corruption.
- Physical Damage: relates to problems with the drive itself, such as shock or dropping, overheating, water, or improper handling.
- Mechanical Failure: abnormal noises such as clicking, grinding, or screeching, slow operation, and not mounting. It is followed by frequent system freezes and crashes.
1TB Seagate Hard Drive Data Recovery
The reasons behind 1TB Seagate hard drive data recovery are divided into 3 main types, of which the recovery methods are also different.
- If the cause is a logical error, try reliable data recovery software. It’s the most effective method to recover data from a hard drive in Windows 7, 8, 10, 11, etc. We recommend you use MyRecover.
- If your disk has physical damage or mechanical failure, you need to seek professional assistance. Please seek help from Seagate Rescue data recovery services.
In addition, to improve the success rate of data recovery, please stop using this Seagate hard disk immediately to prevent data overwriting. Don’t add new data to this disk or format it as well.
Perform Seagate Hard Disk 1TB Data Recovery with MyRecover
MyRecover is reliable Seagate data recovery software to recover data from different Seagate hard disks successfully, such as Seagate Expansion, One Touch, Exos, Barracuda Pro, etc., regardless of the capacity, ranging from 240GB to 14TB.
- Two advanced scanning methods: Quick Scan and Deep Scan. It will scan and search for deleted or lost data in Seagate hard disk quickly and deeply.
- 200+ file types: recover deleted or lost documents, images, videos, audios, mails, webpages, and compressed files in different formats. For example, you can recover deleted Word documents, Excel files, PPT, PDF, X3F, 3FR, HEIF, WMV, and more.
- Complete recovery: recover all the files in Seagate hard disk completely without losing quality.
- Multiple data loss scenarios: applies to different data loss scenarios, such as accidental deletion, formatting, virus infection, damage or inaccessible disk, etc.
Now please download and install this Seagate hard disk data recovery software - MyRecover. You can then follow the steps below to start Seagate hard disk 1TB data recovery.
Step 1. Connect the Seagate hard disk using SATA to USB adapter or enclosure. For the internal disk, please connect it to another PC. Then, Launch this Seagate hard drive recovery software - MyRecover. Select the Seagate disk and click Start Scan.
Step 2. It will run two advanced scanning methods automatically and display all the deleted or lost files on the selected disk. It can be documents, images, videos, emails, etc.
Note: If you want to recover only specific files, you can filter and select them for immediate recovery without having to wait for the scanning process to complete. Or expand the Other Missing Files tab and go to the folder containing deleted or lost files.
Step 3. Select all the deleted or lost files on the Seagate hard disk and click the Recover x files button. You will then be asked to select a location. Please select a new location instead of the original location to prevent potential data overwriting.
- The restore button will display the number of selected files and their full size. You can use it to determine the integrity of the recovered files.
- You can perform Seagate hard disk 1TB data recovery for free, up to 30MB each time. To recover all files, please upgrade to the advanced editions.
- In addition, you still can use this software to recover WD Elements drive and other disk brands, such as, Seagate, Samsung, SanDisk, etc.
Seek Assistant from Seagate Rescue Data Recovery Services
Now most Seagate drives include Rescue data recovery services to prevent unexpected data loss due to physical damage or mechanical failure and help you recover your lost data, such as pictures, videos, music, etc. After recovering, they will return your data back using an online cloud storage system or a new hard drive. If your disk is still under warranty, the service is free.
To seek assistance from Seagate Rescue data recovery services, you need to contact their support and state your disk problem. You will also be asked to fill in some basic information, such as contact emails, phone, etc, and send your disk to them. They will evaluate your disk status & data loss severity and contact you with a price quote, ranging from $499 to $2000. If you agree, they will start a data recovery service and return your data back (if the recovery task is successful).
How to Fix a Corrupted Seagate Hard Drive
If your disk is damaged or inaccessible, you can try the following methods to fix it. Seagate offers users a disk check tool named SeaTools to test disk heath and fix it. You can try this first.
Way 1: Run Seagate Diagnostic Tool
Step 1. Download Seatools and install it on your computer. Close all the running programs. Then, launch Seatools, select a drive, and click Basic Tests.
Step 2. Select Short Drive Self Test. It will start to scan this disk and fix errors quickly.
Step 3. You can also select other tests or Fix All. They will take longer and require the right environment.
Way 2: Run Windows Disk Check Utility
If you suspect your disk has file system errors or there are multiple bad sectors, try the Windows disk check utility to scan and fix them.
Step 1. Type cmd in the search box and select Run as administrator.
Step 2. In the following command prompt window, type chkdsk *: /f /r /x and press Enter. Replace * with the drive letter of your Seagate disk.
- The /f parameter is to fix any found errors.
- The /r parameter is able to fix any errors on the disk, search for bad sectors and mark the space as usuable.
- To forcibly dismount the corrupted disk, you need to add the /x parameter.
- If you don’t add any parameter, this command only displays the disk status and does not fix any errors.
Step 3. Wait until the process completes and close it.
Way 3: Update Disk Drivers
The damaged or outdated disk drives can also affect your hard drive, preventing it from working properly. To exclude this possibility, you need to update disk driver in Device Manager.
Step 1. Type devmgmt.msc in the search box and select the top result. It will navigate you to the Device Manager.
Step 2. Expand Disk drives. Locate the Seagate disk and select Update driver.
Step 3. You’ll then have two options: Search automatically for drivers and Browse my computer for drivers. Try the first choice to search for the best available drivers and click Update Drivers to automatically download and install disk drivers. If the result is not satisfactory, try the second choice.
Way 4: Format Disk for Reuse
If your disk is still inaccessible, try to format the disk. This process will delete data saved on the disk. To avoid any data loss, please recover data from Seagate hard disk first.
Step 1. Type diskmgmt.msc in the search box and select the top result.
Step 2. In the Disk Management window, right-click the damaged Seagate disk and select Format.
Step 3. Check the Perform a quick format option and click OK. To erase the disk completely, please uncheck this option.
You can easily perform Seagate hard drive 1TB data recovery, whether it’s an internal or external disk, as long as you don’t overwrite your disk data. In addition, you need the help of reliable data recovery software or Seagate Rescue data recovery services, depending on the type of data loss.
But it's not a 100% guarantee. To avoid any data loss, the best practice is still to create a regular backup for the Seagate disk. AOMEI Backupper Standard, one of the best Windows backup software, can help you backup files and changes daily, weekly, monthly, etc.