What Is TS and How to Recover Deleted TS Files?
Learn to recover deleted TS files using powerful video recovery software on this page. Besides, you can also recover deleted TS from Mac and get practical backup software to prevent TS video loss.
- What is a TS file?
- How to recover deleted TS videos on Windows without backups?
- Alternative ways to recover deleted TS videos
- How to open a TS file?
- Useful tips to prevent data loss
- Relevant Q&A about TS videos
What is a TS file?
A TS file refers to a video file that is saved in the Video Transport Stream (TS) format. This format is used to store video data compressed using the standard MPEG-2 (.MPEG) video compression.
It can also be employed to store streamed or broadcast video on DVDs, Blu-ray, as well as digital video cameras. But the TS format has gradually become less prevalent as MP4, M2TS, and other multimedia media become more and more popular.
How to recover deleted TS videos on Windows without backups?
So how do I recover deleted TS files on Windows 10? Users who have valuable backups can directly restore their desired TS videos from those backups.
However, other users without backups might have no recourse but to utilize a powerful third-party tool for video retrieval.
Video Recovery Software for Windows:
- High-efficiency: Recover 200+ types of files such as videos, audio, photos, MS Office files, WPS files, folders, compressed files, songs, and websites from HDD, SSD, USB, SD cards, etc.
- Advanced scanning method: MyRecover runs Quick Scan & Deep Scan automatically to search all the recoverable files. Specify the filename, saved path, date, or size to filter your needed files.
- Convenience: Retain the original filename, path, and format for the deleted files.
- Excellent compatibility: Support NTFS, FAT32, exFAT, and ReFS file systems and be compatible with Windows 11, 10, 8, 7, or Sever PC.
- After video loss, please avoid writing new files to your storage device for a higher video recovery rate. Moreover, the sooner you begin video recovery via MyRecover, the better chances you’ll get.
- After video recovery, you need to save your recovered TS videos in a new location.
- To recover large or more deleted/missing videos from local hard drives, upgrading MyRecover is a better and more cost-effective choice.
Step 1. After launching MyRecover on your Windows> select the C drive > click Start Scan.
Step 2. MyRecover will automatically run Quick and Deep Scan to scan your selected C drive and display all the recoverable files.
You can preview or filter your wanted TS files according to Document Type, Name, Path, Size, Date, etc.
- Name: Type the filenames of your desired files to narrow the search area.
- Date modified: Set the date (today, yesterday, last 7/30 days, etc.)
- Size: Filter the file size (<128KB, 128KB~1MB, 1MB~ 512MB, etc.)
Step 3. Go to the Recycle Bin folder and find the TS video you want to restore. Then click “Recover x files” to start the video recovery process.
Alternative ways to recover deleted TS videos
Besides, there’re other feasible ways to recover deleted TS videos. You can refer to the corresponding method to recover accidentally, recently, or permanently deleted TS files from Windows or Mac operating systems.
Option 1. Restore accidentally/recently deleted TS files from temporary storage places
Both Windows and Mac have temporary storage places to keep accidentally or recently deleted TS videos. Before permanent deletion or the second deletion, it’s easy to restore your accidentally/recently deleted TS videos from Windows Recycle Bin or Mac Trash.
» Double-click your desktop Recycle Bin to open it > find the TS file you want to restore > right-click on it > click Restore to get it to its previously saved path.
» Open your Mac Trash > locate the deleted TS video you want> right-click on it > choose Put Back.
Option 2. Restore permanently deleted TS files from backups
For the sake of data loss, Windows and Mac also offer backup features such as Backup and Restore and Time Machine in their respective operating systems.
If enabled and properly configured, these features can automatically save copies of your files to safeguard your TS videos.
How to retrieve permanently deleted videos from computers? With the backups created by Windows Backup and Restore, you can follow the on-screen instructions to get your permanently deleted TS videos back.
Step 1. Type “System and Security” in the search bar to open it. Then select “Restore files from backups” under the Backup and Restore (Windows 7) tab.
Step 2. Click the “Restore my files” button.
Step 3. Select “Browse for files” to locate your wanted TS video > click Next.
Step 4. To retrieve your selected TS videos to their original location or set a new saved path > click Restore.
Time Machine can automatically generate backups at regular intervals, including hourly, daily, and weekly backups. Let’s show how to restore lost TS videos from these backups made by Time Machine.
Step 1. Open the window where you lost TS videos.
Step 2. Click the icon in the , find , and click .
Step 3. Use the to locate the TS files you want to restore.
Step 4. “ your desired TS files to their previous location.
How to open a TS file?
Are you wondering what program can play TS files? You can employ these media players or video editors.
✐ Windows Media Player (Windows): A default media player that comes with Windows OS.
✐ VLC Media Player (Windows & Mac): An open-source video player that is available on all platforms and it can support various file types.
✐ Movavi Video Converter (Windows & Mac): A well-known video converter that can convert your TS files into a more commonly used format.
✐ Elmedia Player (Mac): The most popular third-party video player for Mac OS.
Please refer to the following clicks to open a download TS video on Windows PCs.
» Press Win + E to open File Explorer > click Downloads > right-click on your selected TS video > select Open with > Windows Media Player.
Some users also raise questions like how can I convert TS to MP4. In this case, this powerful VLC media player also helps you convert TS files into the following formats.
- Mp4 (MPEG-4 video)
- MP3 (Mp3 audio)
- WEBM (WebM video)
- ASF (Advanced systems format)
- WAV (WAVE audio)
- FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec)
Useful tips to prevent data loss
What is TS? How to open a TS file? How to recover deleted TS files? Are you bothered by these issues? If it happens to be your case, please get the corresponding answers via the above part.
Moreover, preventing TS file loss is always better than recovering it. If you’re unwilling to suffer data loss again, you’re recommended to take the following data loss prevention measures into practice.
- Regularly save your work to prevent data loss for the sake of computer crashes or power outages.
- Invest in a trustworthy antivirus program to protect against computer viruses.
- Diversify your backup by saving your TS files or other important data in different places such as external hard drives or the cloud.
- Enable backup features on your storage device and consider third-party backup utilities for enhanced performance.
If you prefer easier operating steps and more flexible backup choices, this free Windows backup software-AOMEI Backupper Standard is more practical than Windows features.
- Key features of AOMEI Backupper Standard:✎...
- Enable to back up files, folders, partitions, disks, or systems to an internal/external hard drive, USB stick, Network, or Cloud drive.
- Implementing intelligent backup strategies allows you to create daily incremental backups, effectively conserving storage space.
- By scheduling backups, you can ensure the continuous protection of your valuable data.
Step 1. Launch AOMEI Backupper on your Windows PC. Under the Backup tab, select the “File Backup” option.
Step 2. Click “Add Folder/Add File” to add the folder or TS videos you prefer to back up.
Step 3. Click “Schedule Backup” to enable Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Event triggers or USB plug in based on your needs. Then click the “Start Backup” button.
Relevant Q&A about TS videos
In addition, there’re some related tips about TS videos. Please get an overview of them.
What does TS mean in video?
TS (Transport Stream) is a video stream file format primarily employed to store video data compressed with the standard MPEG-2 (.MPEG) on DVDs and Blu-ray discs.
Is TS video file same as MP4?
The main distinction between TS and MP4 files is that TS files are flat, while MP4 files have an index at the beginning of the file.
But the video bits inside both file types are the same, resulting in identical video quality for TS, M2TS, and MP4 files.
What programs can play TS files?
For Windows: Windows Media Player, File Viewer Plus, Corel VideoStudio 2022, Audials One 2022, VideoLAN VLC media player, CyberLink PowerProducer 6, Squared 5 MPEG Streamclip, Pinnacle Studio, etc.
For Mac: Roxio Popcorn, VideoLAN VLC media player, Apple DVD Player, Squared 5 MPEG Streamclip, Aiseesoft Mac Video Converter Ultimate, etc.
For Linux: VideoLAN VLC media player, SMPlayer, etc.
How do I convert TS video to MP4?
You can take advantage of this powerful video player, VideoLAN VLC media player to finish the conversion.
How do I recover deleted TS files?
Let’s take Windows PCs as an example.
For accidentally and recently deleted TS files, you can restore them from Recycle Bin.
For permanently deleted TS videos, you can restore files from backups or employ video recovery software like MyRecover.