Can you recover deleted folders on Windows?
I intended to delete my desktop files by pressing the “Shift + Delete” keys. However, I mistakenly deleted my folders permanently. So how can I get these folders back?
In general, a folder is a collection of certain types of documents. Thus, those users might be eager to recover deleted folders after data loss.
At this point, are you wondering how to find deleted folders on Windows 10/11 like the above user? If you need, please scroll down to get feasible solutions.
How to recover a deleted folder in Windows 10, 11?
If you accidentally deleted folders from your PC, you can press “Ctrl + Z” to execute Undo Delete performance to restore them to the original location at once.
If you cannot ensure whether the folders are gone or not, you can open the Recycle Bin to search your targeted folders to confirm it.
It’s possible for you to recover deleted files from the Recycle Bin as long as you haven’t executed the following performances.
- Press “Shift + Delete” to wipe out folders.
- Empty your Recycle Bin manually or set the time for automatic cleaning.
How to recover permanently deleted folders in Windows 10, 11?
But how to recover deleted files from Recycle Bin after emptying? In brief, it’s possible for you to restore folders from backups or employ trustable data recovery software to recover your desired folders.
Method 1. Recover permanently deleted folders from Backup and Restore
Backup and Restore is a convenient Windows feature to backup files and folders. Win7 users might be more familiar with this feature because it first appeared in the Windows 7 operating system. These steps describe how to recover a deleted folder via it.
Step 1. Open “Control Panel” by tying it in the search bar. Then go to System and Security, and click the “Backup and Restore (Windows 7)” option.
Step 2. Click the “Restore my files” button.
Step 3. At the moment, please select the “Browse for folders” option to locate your needed folders.
Method 2. Recover permanently deleted folders from Previous Versions
What can you do to retrieve the deleted folders if they’ve been overwritten? In this case, previous versions is the most targeted approach for you to recover permanently deleted folders by restoring previous versions of files or folders.
- Ensure you’ve activated File History, otherwise, you’ll not get a history of your files and folders over time. Not to mention recovering replaced files/folders.
- If you’ve turned on System Protection of the local disk that contains your desired folders, you can also follow this method.
Step 1. Press “Win + E” to open Windows File Explorer and locate the folder including your needed folder before deletion.
Step 2. Right-click on it and click the “Properties” button.
Step 3. Under the Previous Versions tab, browse and select a folder version according to the date and its importance. Then “Restore” it.
Method 3. Recover permanently deleted folders with data recovery software
How to recover permanently deleted folders in Windows 10/11 without backups? You can use professional data recovery tools like MyRecover.
Deeply rooted in the data recovery field and embedded with advanced technology, this program does well in recovering deleted/lost files from HDD, USB, SD cards, and other storage devices.
Let’s tap into its functionality and user-friendliness features below.
- Recover 200+ types of data: Word, Excel, PPT, Folders, Photos, Videos, Audio, Emails, Webpages, Compressed files, etc.
- Get the original path, filename, and format for the deleted files.
- During scanning, you can search your needed folders by entering their filenames in the search bar or wait to find all the deleted and other lost files on your computers after performing Quick Scan and Deep Scan automatically.
- Support NTFS, exFAT, FAT32, and ReFS file systems in Windows 11, 10, 8, 7, and Windows Server.
These steps describe how to find deleted folders on Windows 10, 11 with MyRecover. Don't hesitate to download it now!
Step 1. After loading the disk, select the partition/disk that includes your needed folders before deletion. Then click the “Start Scan” button.
Step 2. You can search or wait to view all the deleted and other missing files.
Step 3. Select your needed folders in the Deleted files/Other missing files folder and click the “Recover x files” button. You can save them in your specified saved path.
How to find deleted folders on Windows 10, 11? If haven’t executed permanent deletion performances, you can go to the Recycle Bin to recover deleted folders on Windows 10, 11.
On the contrary, you can read the above content to recover permanently deleted folders. In brief, MyRecover seems like the top choice for those users without backups.
When it comes to data loss prevention tips, backups come first. So why don’t you give AOMEI Backupper a shot? Besides “File Backup,” this free backup software also can backup disk, partition, or the system.
Let’s show how it works.
- Download and install AOMEI Backupper on your PC. Then launch it.
- Select Backup > File Backup > Add Folder to backup your important folders.
- Designate the saved path > Click Schedule to set the scheduled task > Start Backup.