FonePaw Data Recovery Review: Is It Any Good?
Want to know something about FonePaw Data Recovery? This FonePaw Data Recovery review provides detailed information about it including pros, cons, pricing, and its alternative.
- Part 1. FonePaw Data Recovery Review: Pros, Cons & Price
- How to Use FonePaw Data Recovery?
- Part 2. What Is the Best Alternative to FonePaw Data Recovery?
Data recovery software is very useful and can help you recover deleted or lost data quickly and effectively. Are you seeking trustworthy data recovery tools to retrieve your precious data? In this case, FonePaw Data Recovery is no exception and is a feature-rich and powerful tool available for Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android. Makes recovering lost data easier than ever.
Want to get more details about FonePaw Data Recovery? Please read this FonePaw data recovery review to learn more about FonePaw features, drawbacks, performance, and whether it's the right choice for you.
Part 1. FonePaw Data Recovery Review: Pros, Cons & Price
This part will give you a full FonePaw Data Recovery review that contains its main features, pros, cons, and other information you may want to know. Then, you can decide whether it meets your needs.
What Is FonePaw Data Recovery?
FonePaw Data Recovery is one of the widely used applications for retrieving data from Windows laptops/PCs, and all sorts of drives. The software can handle data loss due to accidental deletion and system crashes.
Along with the recovery of files, FonePaw also supports data transfer, decryption, and screen recording.
Is FonePaw Data Recovery Safe?
This question is similar to is Disk Drill safe to use. Yes, FonePaw Data Recovery is safe to use. It was checked for viruses and malware, and no issues were found. However, it might impact your computer's performance, so it's best to close other programs when using it.
Key Features, Pros & Cons of FonePaw Data Recovery
Now, let’s learn more about FonePaw Data Recovery review to dive into its key features, pros and cons.
1️⃣ User-friendly Interface:
FonePaw offers an easy-to-use interface with clear menus and navigation. You can find and restore your files by clicking Restore. The simplicity of the interface gains praise.
2️⃣ Smart Data Scanning Modes:
- Quick Scan: Scan the trash directory and search for pointers of recently deleted files so it is ideal for quickly recovering recently deleted files.
- Deep Scan: Thoroughly scan every byte of the drive, making it more effective for recovering files deleted long ago or hard-to-recover files. However, it takes more time compared to Quick Scan.
Some users report that the FonePaw deep scan takes much longer time than other data recovery applications like MyRecover or Disk Drill.
3️⃣ Preview Before Recovery:
FonePaw allows users to preview recovered files before deciding to recover them. This feature helps users identify the files they want to restore without going through a massive list.
4️⃣ Partial Recovery:
FonePaw offers a Partial Recovery feature, enabling users to filter specific file types and recover only the necessary files. This is beneficial when users only need specific files, saving time and effort.
- Recover 1000+ file types with original quality
- Handle data loss due to deletion and system crash, format, and hardware failure
- Allow preview of deleted files before recovering
- Support recovery of corrupted/hidden/inaccessible files and deleted data from RAW hard drives
- Support many storage devices e.g. internal and external hard drives, USB drives, memory cards, smartphones, and more
- Support Windows and Mac
- Not suitable for recovering large files exceeding 2-3GB
- Scanning takes up a lot of system resources and affects system speed
- Unable to scan and recover specific folders
- Cannot keep log data
Is FonePaw Data Recovery Free to Use?
No, it isn’t. FonePaw Data Recovery Wizard is a paid tool, but a free trial is available as well. While it excels in data scanning, its data recovery performance is not as impressive when compared to other popular recovery tools available in the market.
💲 FonePaw Data Recovery for Windows: $39.87
How to Use FonePaw Data Recovery?
Now, download FonePaw Data Recoveryto your Windows and use it to find and recover your deleted or lost files. Please follow the simple steps below.
Step 1. Launch the program and select the drive that saved the type of files you want to recover. Then, click Scan.
Step 2. The program will first quickly scan the selected drive for the deleted files. Once the quick scan is done, you can see a list of files in the results. If the files have been deleted for some time, you may not find them.
Step 3. Click Deep Scan to scan the hard disk more thoroughly. This could take hours. So just keep the program running until the scan is finished. Then, click Recover to get them back to a new location.
Part 2. What Is the Best Alternative to FonePaw Data Recovery?
While FonePaw is indeed a dependable data recovery tool, it still has unavoidable disadvantages. For example, you cannot recover specific folders using this tool.
It's wise to consider alternatives. Many alternatives, including MyRecover, offer free trials. MyRecover is popular for recovering lost and deleted data from various devices and Windows systems, including Windows 11, 10, 8, 7, and Windows Server.
It provides a free trial that allows users to perform deep scans, preview recoverable files, and recover them. Give it a try and discover the best solution for your data recovery requirements.
- Recover 200+ types of files:images, videos, MS Office files, WPS files, folders, ZIP, RAR, websites, etc.
- All-inclusive: Apply to a variety of data loss scenarios such as deletion, disk formatting, system crashes, or virus infection.
- Advanced scanning method: MyRecover runs Quick Scan & Deep Scan automatically to search all the recoverable files on your selected drive.
- Support multiple storage devices: SSD, HDD, USB, SD cards, and more.
Preserve original file names, paths, and formats of deleted files
Offers options to pause, filter, or preview specific files during scanning
Backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee
Has a high success rate
No support for Mac and Linux OS
The following guide will help you through using MyRecover. It can also recover permanently deleted files in Windows 10 or 11.
Step 1. Download, install, and run MyRecover, then choose the drive that saved your deleted or missing files. Click Start Scan.
Step 2. MyRecover runs Quick Scan & Deep Scan automatically to search all the recoverable files on your selected drive.
Step 3. A list of data found by MyRecover will appear. Choose your desired files to recover, and click Recover x files.
Step 4. Select a new location to save the recovered files and click Select Folder to confirm it.
Is FonePaw any good?
Does FonePaw work for iPhones?
Does FonePaw require root?
Without regular file backups, it’s necessary to use a comprehensive and user-friendly data recovery tool. We hope that this FonePaw Data Recovery review has given you valuable insights to select a good data recovery program. Additionally, please consider exploring alternatives such as MyRecover, which boasts a high success rate in recovering deleted and lost files.