When iPhone is released, you can immediately get the new device from Apple Store. You must not want to abandon all the apps on your old iPhone to use an empty iPhone so that you need to transfer data from old iPhone to new iPhone.
Except for transferring photos, messages, apps, and etc. you also need the passwords on your old iPhone. After all, you need to sign in to your accounts to get the information from your server. Do you need to write download all your passwords to remember them and type them one by one in all your apps on new iPhone? Of course not.
Can you transfer iPhone passwords to new iPhone? Apple has provided an easy solution to save and transfer your passwords. You will know how to transfer passwords to new iPhone in the next sections.
The most convenient service of sharing data between iPhone is iCloud sync. It allows you to upload iPhone data to the server and easily access and download the data on all of your iOS devices.
Passwords are very important and private data, so iCloud would protect your passwords very carefully and won’t read your passwords. You could easily download passwords from iCloud.
> Steps to import passwords to iPhone with iCloud Keychain:
1. Connect your old iPhone to the Internet.
2. On your iPhone, open Settings app.
3. Tap your profile.
4. Select iCloud.
5. Select Keychain.
6. Turn on iCloud Keychain and input your passcode or Apple ID password. Wait for a few minutes.
7. Activate your new iPhone and connect it to the Internet.
8. On your new iPhone switch on iCloud Keychain in the same way. Wait for several minutes to download passwords to new iPhone.
Every time you open the app and the account and password are asked, you can use the touch ID or Apple ID password to autofill the account and password.
Which passwords would be transferred and how to view your passwords on iCloud?
iCloud Keychain saves your credit card number, user names and passwords in Safari, Wi-Fi passwords, and accounts and passwords in other apps.
The simplest way to view your password is using Siri. Just ask Siri to show your password of specific site or all your passwords. Of course, you could manually check your passwords.
> Steps to view your passwords on iPhone:
1. Open Settings app on your iPhone.
2. Select Passwords & Accounts.
3. Select Website & App Passwords and use Touch ID to access all of your accounts and passwords.
Your passwords could be transferred to new iPhone when you do full iPhone migration with iTunes. You need to save the encrypted iPhone backup to iTunes and then transfer them to your new iPhone.
There is one thing you need to know is that you can’t transfer data from new iOS to the previous iOS or the process could not be finished.
> Steps to transfer iPhone passwords with iTunes:
1. Download and install the latest iTunes.
2. Connect your old iPhone to computer with USB cable.
3. Click the device icon of your iPhone in iTunes.
4. Check Encrypt local backup, create a password and then click Back Up Now. Wait for a few minutes to complete the process and then disconnect your old iPhone.
5. Connect your new iPhone to iTunes and click the device icon.
6. Click Restore Backup, select your encrypted backup, enter the password and then transfer everything include passwords to new iPhone.
AirDrop makes you easily share content to another device face to face, like transferring songs from iPhone to iPhone. You can transfer passwords after setting up new iPhone.
> Steps to transfer passwords with AirDrop:
1. Enable Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on both iPhone. Put the two iPhone near together.
2. View your passwords as in section 1.
3. Select the password you want to transfer.
4. Tap the password and hold for a while. Select AirDrop.
5. Select another device as the recipient.
6. Receive the password on your new iPhone.
Other data like photos, and music are also necessary to migrate. Then you can easily start to use your new iPhone. AOMEI MBackupper will help you in this section.
> Steps to transfer other data to new iPhone:
Step 1. Download and install AOMEI MBackupper. Connect your old iPhone to computer with USB cable.
Step 2. Select Transfer to Computer on the home screen.
Step 3. Click the plus icon to view the data on your old iPhone.
Step 4. Preview and select photos, videos, and music. Click OK then.
Step 5. Click Transfer to get the files from iPhone to computer.
Step 6. Disconnect old iPhone from computer and connect your new iPhone to AOMEI MBackupper.
Step 7. Select Transfer to iPhone this time.
Step 8. Click any area in the box to add files you want to transfer.
Step 9. Click Transfer to import the files to your new iPhone.
You can keep these files on your computer.
Apps and sites on your new iPhone still need your account and passwords on the old iPhone. To avoid typing them one by one, you can use the 3 ways in this guide to directly transfer passwords to new iPhone.
Also, you could transfer other data like photos, videos, and music to new iPhone with AOMEI MBackupper.
Don’t forget to share this guide to help more people.