4 Ways: How to Recover Data from Transcend Devices
Is transcend data recovery a problem for you? Don’t worry, this post can help you recover hidden, deleted, and corrupted Transcend storage devices in different ways. Keep reading now!
- Can You Recover Data from Transcend Storage Devices?
- How to Perform Transcend Data Recovery Efficiently
- In the End
Transcend is a well-known and reputable manufacturer of storage devices, including SD cards, USB flash drives, external hard drives, and solid-state drives. Known for their reliability and performance, Transcend products are widely used by non-tech users and professionals. To prevent precious data loss, Transcend also provides its data recovery software RecoveRx.
In this article, we will provide a detailed Transcend data recovery guide, and explore 4 quick and reliable ways to get Transcend data with simple step-by-step instructions. Continue reading to learn more.
Can You Recover Data from Transcend Storage Devices?
Yes, it is possible to recover data from Transcend devices. Whether you've accidentally deleted files or experienced data loss due to other reasons, there are reliable data recovery solutions available that can help retrieve your lost data from Transcend devices such as Transcend SD cards, Transcend USB drives, external hard drives, etc.
For deleted or missing files, if you don't have file backups, using specialized data recovery software for Transcend devices is recommended.
Important! If data gets deleted or lost, remember the following:
- 1️⃣ Stop using your Transcend storage devices immediately.
- 2️⃣ Avoid adding new files to your Transcend storage devices.
- 3️⃣ Do not format your Transcend storage devices again.
- 4️⃣ Ensure not to save recovered files to their original location.
How to Perform Transcend Data Recovery Efficiently
Now, here are 4 efficient ways for you to recover data from Transcend hard drives. Come and see which method is more suitable for you!
#1. Show Hidden Files and Folders from Transcend Drives
Sometimes, your data from Transcend drives is simply hidden or read-only due to a virus infection. In this case, you only need to unhide the files to recover the data. Please follow the simple steps below:
Step 1. Connect your Transcend drive to your PC, and press Win + E to open File Explorer.
Step 2. Navigate to the Transcend drive, click View > Options > View > Show hidden files, folders, and drives.
Step 3. Check if the data reappears on your Transcend hard drive or not.
#2. Recover Lost Files from Transcend Drives via RecoveRx
To perform Transcend data recovery, you can use their self-developed data recovery software RecoveRx.
RecoveRx helps users recover lost or deleted files from various storage devices, including Transcend memory cards, USB flash drives, external hard disks, etc. With its user-friendly interface, RecoveRx allows individuals to easily search for traces of erased files, such as photos, documents, music, and videos.
Steps to perform Transcend file recovery with RecoveRx
Step 1. Plug your Transcend storage device like Transcend StoreJet into your PC. Download and open RecoveRx.
Step 2. You can see the two options: Recover or Format. Select Recover and the software will automatically identify and display a list of connected Transcend storage devices.
Step 3. You need to select a path for storing recovered files.
Step 4. Pick the types of files you want to recover, such as photos or documents. Click Start.
Step 5. The software will scan your Transcend device for lost files. After scanning, it will display the total recovered files. Click Close.
However, sometimes RecoveRx may not be able to recover all the files you want. Because it has some limitations:
- 🎆 Not support common file types: RecoveRx may not retrieve audio, emails, or certain compressed files.
- 🧨 Limited Formats: Common formats like DOCX, XLSX, MOV, and ZIP might not be recoverable.
- 🎊 No Pause or Preview: You can't pause scans or preview files during recovery. Scanning is very slow
- 🎇 Corrupted Files: Using RecoveRx for photo recovery may result in some photos being corrupted.
- 🎐 No RAW Drive Support: RecoveRx cannot recover data from RAW drives or RAW data.
So why not consider using another more powerful data recovery software like MyRecover? Let's try it.
#3. Recover Deleted Files from Transcend Drives via MyRecover (Faster)
MyRecover is significantly better than RecoveRx in most aspects, providing a higher data recovery rate. It can recover data from Transcend storage devices like external hard drives, SD cards, pen drives, memory cards, and so on. Here are the key features of this software.
- Recover 200+ formats: It can recover deleted Microsoft Word, Excel, PPT, PDF, PPTX, JPG, PNG, MP4, MOV, MP3, CDA, 7Z, ZIP, MSG, EML, HTML, and more.
- Recover data from Transcend, Samsung, Sony, SanDisk, Lexar storage devices, etc.
- Enabling advanced file filtering and preview by File Type, Size, Date, etc. to save your time and effort.
- It can keep the original file format, path, and size for the deleted files after recovery.
Steps to perform Transcend data recovery with MyRecover
Step 1. Connect your Transcend storage device to a Windows PC. Download and launch MyRecover; select your drive and click Start Scan.
Step 2. It will scan the Transcend storage device automatically and thoroughly to locate all the found data. You can use the Search Box or the Filter feature to quickly locate the files you want.
Step 3. You will see a list of data that MyRecover found on your Transcend storage device. Choose the files you want to recover and click Recover x files.
Step 4. Please select a new location instead of the original location and click Select Folder to confirm it.
- Use the restore button to see selected files and their size, ensuring recovered data integrity.
- Please save your recovered files to a new location instead of their original locations.
- This free version that allows you to recover up to 30MB of Transcend data without any cost. If needed, please upgrade to the advanced editions to enjoy unlimited data recovery.
#4. Fix Corrupted Transcend Drives via Windows Check Utility
Your Transcend hard drives may have malfunctioned, resulting in all files disappearing. Running the Windows disk check tool is a good way to scan and recover corrupted hard drives for file system errors.
Step 1. Press Win + E to open File Explorer, right-click the Transcend drive containing the files you need to recover, and then click Properties.
Step 2. Navigate to the Tools tab and tap on Check.
Step 3. Click Repair drive if there are errors detected on your Transcend drive. This process helps determine if the issue of "computer has deleted all my files" has been resolved.
In the End
Transcend devices, despite their durability, don't avoid data loss. No need to worry, the 4 Transcend data recovery methods provided in this article will help you quickly get data back.
More importantly, don't forget to protect your data by regularly backing it up. We recommend using AOMEI Backupper, a free and reliable data backup software for Windows. With backups, you can effortlessly and quickly restore your files if you lose data.
Can I recover overwritten files from my Transcend device?
Is it possible to recover data from a Transcend device that has been formatted?
Are Transcend products compatible with various devices and operating systems?
What is Transcend's reputation for product reliability and durability?
How to prevent data loss on storage?
1. Eject your storage devices safely.
2. Back up your files regularly.
3. Use antivirus and anti-malware software.
4. Keep your computer clean.
5. Avoid overfilling your storage device.