How to Fix SSD Showing RAW File System | Full Guide Here
On this page, we will talk about how to fix the SSD showing RAW file system issue effectively and easily. Check out clear guidelines here to recover your SSD data normally.
Encountering the issue of an SSD showing RAW file system can be attributed to file corruption, bad sectors, and virus infections. This occurrence signifies that the file or directory is corrupted and unreadable by the Windows OS. In this article, we will explore various solutions to resolve this problem and restore the functionality of your hard drive.
Why is SSD showing RAW file system?
Imagine using your hard drives for storage purposes when suddenly, you come across an error indicating that SSD showing as raw. Naturally, you would wonder about the cause of this error and seek ways to rectify it. In this article, we will delve into the reasons behind SSD drives becoming RAW and discuss effective strategies to tackle this issue.
When a Windows system encounters a RAW partition, it signifies that the operating system fails to recognize the file system present on that particular partition.
Several factors contribute to an SSD becoming RAW. This transformation can occur suddenly or gradually over time due to changes in the file systems. Let us explore these causes to gain a comprehensive understanding of RAW drives on Windows PCs.
- Bad Sectors: A bad sector refers to a damaged portion of a hard disk, where any information stored in that sector is irretrievably lost. Consequently, the operating system ignores these areas during the reading or scanning process.
- Virus Corruption: If a hard drive falls victim to a virus or malware attack, it can lead to improper formatting, ultimately resulting in a RAW file system.
- File System Errors: A RAW drive lacks a recognized file system, making it undetectable and unreadable by the Windows OS.
- Improper Usage: Negligence in maintaining your hard drive can contribute to these errors. Physical mishandling, exposure to excessive heat, sudden power surges, and other factors can cause damage to the drives.
Fix SSD showing RAW file system: 3 approaches here
Now that we have identified the reasons behind these errors, let us proceed to learn about the methods available to fix them.
Fix 1. Fix SSD showing RAW file system via Diskpart
You have the option to manually resolve this issue by utilizing the command prompt. This method will rectify the RAW hard drive but will result in the formatting of the drive. To accomplish this, we need to follow a series of Diskpart Commands and employ a Windows Utility tool.
Follow the guideline here to resolve the SSD in raw format error.
1. Open the Command Prompt in Administrator mode. Press the Windows key + R to initiate the "Run" function, type in "cmd," and then press Control + Shift + Enter to launch the command prompt as an Administrator. Alternatively, you can manually search for the command prompt and run it as an Administrator.
2. Execute the following Diskpart Commands to view all the partitions on your system, including the RAW hard drive:
select disk 1 (Replace "1" with the number corresponding to the RAW disk)
select volume 10 (Replace "10" with the number corresponding to the RAW volume)
format fs=ntfs quick
Fix 2. Fix RAW SSD with Disk Checking Tools
Utilizing the Check Disk tool is an effective approach to scanning and resolving potential file system errors on your selected drive. In the event that Windows cannot access the disk and prompts a notification stating that the disk check could not be performed, you can proceed to explore alternative methods to address the issue.
Follow the steps below to fix the SSD file system RAW:
1. Launch File Explorer and right-click on the SD card you wish to check. Then, select "Properties."
2. Switch to the "Tools" tab within the properties window and click on the "Check" button. Confirm your selection by clicking "OK."
3. Proceed with the "Repair drive" option and carefully follow the provided instructions to restart your computer.
Fix 3. Format the RAW SSD
If the previously mentioned fixes fail to resolve the issue and the SSD remains unresponsive, formatting the drive becomes necessary to restore its functionality. Formatting will create a new file system on the SSD.
Tip: Formatting the disk will result in the deletion of all files stored on the hard drive. Therefore, it is essential to back up hard drive before formatting.
Follow the steps below to format your SSD device:
1. Right-click on the start menu and run "Disk Management."
2. Connect your SSD device o the computer. Right-click on the drive within the Disk Management window and choose the "Format" option. Specify the desired file system, such as NTFS, during the formatting process.
How to fix SSD showing RAW file system without losing data
When faced with the sudden occurrence of an SSD showing RAW file system, the top priority for most users is data recovery. The urgency leaves users with no time to spare in retrieving their valuable data.
So, how can one recover data from RAW SSD quickly? The answer lies in utilizing efficient Windows data recovery tools.
The Internet is flooded with various data rescue tools, making it challenging to determine the best one suited to your specific needs. However, among the array of popular and reputable applications, MyRecover stands out as the most cost-effective and valuable option. Its unique features and advanced technology empower users to effortlessly scan and restore their desired files in just three simple steps.
Key features of MyRecover
- Recover missing or deleted data from SSD in any situation like RAW, formatting, deletion, and more.
- Protect your recovered data by keeping its original filename, path, and format.
- Available in file systems including NTFS, FAT32, exFAT, and ReFS in Windows 11, 10, 8, 7, and Server.
- Perform multiple scanning methods like Quick Scan and Deep Scan, which recover your data at a high speed and rate.
1. Connect your RAW SSD device to your computer properly. Choose the SSD option on the home page. Select Start Scan to let MyRecover scan it.
2. MyRecover will scan your RAW SSD with both Quick Scan and Deep Scan.
3. Check the scanning result, and choose your wanted files. Press the Recover x files button. Please select a safe path on your computer to save the recovered files.
Written in the end
This article explores two methods to address this SSD showing RAW file system issue: employing the effective Diskpart Commands, Disk Checking Tools, or format the RAW SSD. Besides, we introduce the reliable MyRecover software to recover data from SSD quickly and easily.