How to Recover Xbox 360 Data from Unformatted Hard Drives?
Seeking ways to recover Xbox 360 data from unformatted hard drives? Get efficient solutions to solve this issue. And you can also get the best data loss prevention software.
My Xbox360 is showing the drive as Unformatted. I had game progress saved. I want to try to recover it. I saw a company that claimed they can help. There is a video showing how to take apart the internal drive and take out the disc and put it in a new internal drive and use that, which is actually not a bad idea. This way essentially you have a new drive, with the old hard drive disc. But it’s useless. So how can I recover data from unformatted Xbox hard drive? Thanks.
- A user from Microsoft Community
Have you ever wondered why you’ve received a message like this from your Xbox console? Typically, it indicates a substantial failure within the hard disk drive (HDD), resulting in an error message stating that the drive is unformatted. Consequently, you won’t be able to access any data stored on your Xbox hard drive at this time.
If you’re seeking ways to recover Xbox 360 data from unformatted hard drive, you’ve come to the right place. Please read further.
Part 1. Recover Xbox 360 data from unformatted hard drives via data recovery software
If you haven’t formatted your Xbox hard drive, it’s possible for you to recover data from unformatted drives because disk formatting can erase all the existing data on this drive.
In such circumstances, turning to specialized data recovery software like MyRecover proves to be the most effective approach for recovering data from unformatted drives.
- ★Key features of MyRecover:
- High-efficiency: Recover 200+ types of files such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PPT, and WPS files, folders, compressed files, photos, audio, songs, videos, and websites from internal & external HDDs, USB sticks, SD cards, etc.
- Advanced scanning method: MyRecover runs Quick Scan & Deep Scan automatically to search all the recoverable files. Specify the filename, saved path, date, or size to filter your needed files.
- Convenience: Retain the original filename, path, and format for the deleted files.
- Excellent compatibility: Support NTFS, FAT32, exFAT, and ReFS file systems.
How to recover data from unformatted Xbox hard drives? Download MyRecover on your Windows 11, 10, 8, 7, or Server PC!
Step 1. Launch MyRecover > select the unformatted drive > Start Scan.
Step 2. MyRecover will automatically scan your selected drive and detect all the recoverable folders and files.
Filter your needed Documents folder or saved files according to Document Type, Name, Date, or Path.
- Name: Type the relevant filenames in the search bar to locate your desired deleted/lost files quickly.
- Date modified: Set a customized date (today, yesterday, last 7 or 30 days, etc.)
- Size: Filter the file size (<128KB, 128KB~1MB, 1MB~512MB, etc.)
Step 3. Go to the Deleted Files/Recycle Bin/Other Missing Files folder and select your desired folder or files. Then click “Recover x files” to start Windows data recovery.
- After recovery, please remember to store your retrieved files in another drive instead of the original hard drive.
- MyRecover can recover your 30MB of files for free each time. If you desire to recover a large number of deleted & missing files from local hard drives, upgrading MyRecover to the Professional or Technician edition is a more cost-effective choice.
Another two ways to recover data from Xbox hard drives
There’re another two solutions for your reference to recover data from Xbox hard drives. You can try them one by one.
Way 1. Restart your Xbox
Restarting always is a practical way for you to solve many issues. If it happens to be your case, please refer to the following steps to restart your Xbox.
Step 1. Click the Xbox button on your Xbox controller.
Step 2. After seeing a pop-up window, go to the Profile & System page > click Settings > General > Power options > Restart console > Yes.
Way 2. Recover data from your Xbox cloud
All the data from your Xbox games will be synced to the cloud if you are signed into Xbox Live. You can try to find your lost Xbox data in Cloud Saved Games.
Step 1. Click Settings > System.
Step 2. Under the Storage tab, select Cloud Saved Games.
Step 3. Press the Enable Cloud Saved Games button if you haven’t activated this feature. After that, you can access cloud game saved for your Xbox games.
Bonus tips: How do I prevent data loss on my Xbox 360 hard drive?
Undoubtedly, only regular backups are the best data loss prevention measure. AOMEI Backupper Standard is an excellent option for you if you are disturbed by difficult processes and numerous constraints imposed by Windows features and desire more flexible features & simpler operation steps.
Step 1. Install and run this free Windows backup software on your Windows PC. Then click Backup > select File Backup.
Step 2. To distinguish your target saved folder from other folders, you’d better create a new task name. Then click the “Add Folder/Add File” button.
Step 3. Select a saved path to save a copy of your desired files.
Step 4. To backup files or folders automatically, click Schedule Backup > to enable Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Event triggers, or USB plug in. Please Start Backup if you’ve confirmed all the configured backup settings.
Are you wondering how to recover Xbox 360 data from unformatted hard drives? You can get several practical ways from the above part to address this issue.