How to Recover Deleted Vivint Video Clips
You can easily recover deleted Vivint video clips in simple steps with the help of a safe & reliable data recovery software. Get them and learn more Vivint videos.
Overview of Vivint and Video Loss
Vivint offers a comprehensive automation platform that specializes in smart home and home security solutions. One of their standout products is the security camera, whose video footage is essential for monitoring activity around the house, ensuring residents’ safety, and capturing memorable moments involving pets or children. In addition, its CCTV footage is of key value as evidence for forensic or police records.
However, like any other video, it can be deleted accidentally or for different reasons. However, there is no need to worry. This article will introduce you to everything you need to know and how to recover deleted Vivint video clips step by step.
Where does Vivint Store its Recorded Footage?
Vivint offers users a cloud storage platform to securely store all recorded videos and access the recorded footage through the Vivint smart app.
Here’s how to access the Vivint videos:
- Go to the home screen and Tap the Camera icon located in the lower toolbar.
- Select the relevant camera device and press the play button to view the current recording.
- Head to the events tab to get an overview of all recorded events.
- Scroll through the events or choose a specific day from the calendar to refine your search.
Can You Retrieve Deleted Videos on Vivint?
Absolutely. Vivint will automatically back up your videos to the cloud and keep it for 30 days. However, it will be permanently deleted unless you have downloaded it to your computer or other storage devices (eg:external disk, USB drive, SD card, etc) before then. Only in this case, you can then retrieve deleted Vivint videos.
Here’s how to download Vivint's video clips:
- Open the Vivint mobile app.
- Tap the Camera icon on the navigation bar.
- Click on Events or All Events.
- Click the Share icon and select your desired video clip.
- Select the event you want to export and tap Share.
- Select the Save video option. It will be saved to the downloads folder. You can then play your saved videos to check if it’s recovered successfully.
Best Software to Recover Deleted Videos from Vivint
If you downloaded Vivint videos before reaching its retention period, you can rely on a safe & reliable data recovery software to recover deleted videos. Usually, they re able to recover permanently deleted videos.
We recommend you use MyRecover. It is able to scan all the recognized devices, such as internal or external disk, USB drive, SD card, etc. on Windows 7, 8, 10, 11, etc, and Windows Server, and recover deleted or lost Vivint videos, especially when you cannot access this device and videos on it.
- Two advanced scanning methods: Quick Scan and Deep Scan. It will scan the device containing Vivint videos quickly and deeply and find out all the deleted or lost video footage.
- Different video types: It excels in searching for and recovering .img file format, Vivint’s video backup format, along with other popular video formats, such as MP4, MOV, AVI, ASF, WMV, RMX, FSV, and more.
- Complete recovery: It will recover all the found Vivint videos completely and keep their original format & quality.
- Multi-devices type: It supports all brands of disks, flash drives, SD cards (or cameras), etc.
Now please download this data recovery software. Connect the storage device containing deleted Vivint videos and be sure it’s recognized. You can then follow the steps below to perform Vivint video recovery.
How to Recover Deleted Vivint Video Clips Step by Step
1. Install and launch this powerful data recovery software - MyRecover. Select the device containing deleted Vivint video clips and click the Start Scan button. Here take compact flash data recovery as an example.
2. It will run two advanced scanning methods automatically and display all the found Vivint videos on the selected device. You can filter and preview videos in the following two methods:
- Click Filter and select a file type, such as Videos.
- Expand the Other Missing Files tab and go to the location containing deleted Vivint videos.
Step 3: Select all the deleted Vivint video footage and click the Recover x files button. You will then be asked to select a location. Please select a new location instead of the original location.
- The restore button will display the number of selected Vivint videos and their full size. You can use it to determine the integrity of the recovered Vivint videos.
- Saving the recovered Vivint videos to original location may cause data corruption or further data loss.
- Except for retrieving Vivint videos, you can also use it to recover deleted pictures, audio, Word documents, etc, and more than 200+ file types.
- You can recover deleted Vivint videos for free, up to 30MB each time. To recover all of them, try advanced editions.
⚠️A note about scanning data: As long as your operating system keeps a record of the location of deleted files, MyRecover will be able to detect deleted .img files marked as ready to be overwritten. However, unlike WEBM or MP4 files, this program cannot identify this type of file by its signature alone. With a signature scan, it examines the entire disk to determine the beginning, body and end of the file in order to reconstruct it.
✍ How can you view old Vivint videos?
You can follow the steps below to access old Vivint videos. But you need to know that Vivint only backs up footage from the past 30 days.
- Log in to the Vivint Mobile App.
- Tap the camera icon.
- Select All Events.
- Click on events to view videos from a specific camera.
- Navigate through the playback history using the left and right arrows.
- To jump to specific days, click the calendar icon.
✍ Do security cameras keep records?
Generally, security camera recordings last from three months to a year, depending on the situation. Old recordings are automatically deleted to create space for new recordings. Note each security camera is different and has a different storage space. A few businesses and financial institutions have a large amount of storage capacity.
✍ Can you retrieve deleted videos from camera?
The videos deleted from a camera will not go forever if you don’t record new videos using it. Just take an SD card from this camera and connect it to a Windows PC via a card reader. You can then rely on safe & reliable data recovery software to recover deleted videos.
With the assistance of data recovery software such as MyRecover, you can easily and quickly recover deleted Vivin video clips even in case of accidents or when the cloud video expires after 30 days of recording.
But this is not a 100% guarantee, especially if your videos have been deleted for a long time. There is a big chance that your video is overwritten, making data recovery seem impossible. So to make sure your Vivin videos are always safe, it’s recommend you to backup them regularly with a free Windows backup software like AOMEI Backupper Standard.