[3 Ways] How to Recover Lost Saved Data on PS4
Lost saved games files on PS4? Don’t worry! This guide will show you how to recover deleted files on PS4.
Can you get deleted data back on PS4?
PS4 is one excellent gaming console, however, the game files can easily be lost due to accidental deletion, sudden power outage, hard drive failure, etc. Undoubtedly, it’s a disaster to lose game files because you have spent a lot of time and effort. So can you recover deleted files on PS4? Fortunately, the answer is Yes!
How to recover deleted files on PS4
There are 3 ways that can help you recover deleted files on PS4. You can read first and then choose the most suitable method according to your situation.
Way 1. Recover deleted files on PS4 from backup
It’s easy to recover deleted files on PS4 if there is an available backup. In order to prevent data loss, users can choose to backup lost games and apps, save data, screenshots and video clips, settings from PS4 hard drive to a USB drive. If necessary, users can insert the USB drive into the PS4 console to perform a restoration to get lost data back on PS4.
However, it will restore the whole backup files to PS4 hard drive and you cannot choose to only restore selected files. All existing files on the PS4 console will be erased. In addition, the restoration can’t be undone.
- Insert the USB flash drive into the PS4 console.
- On your Home Menu of PlayStation, go to Settings.
- Choose System and then select Back Up and Restore.
- Select Restore PS4.
- Browse and select the backup that contains the data you need.
- On the Restore PS4 screen, select Restore.
- Finally, click Yes to confirm the operation.
Way 2. How to recover lost saved data on PS4 from cloud
If you are a PS+ user, then you can try to get deleted saved data back on PS4 from cloud. One of the benefits of PS Plus is that game data will be automatically saved to the cloud. It allows you easily recover lost saved game data on PS4.
- Go to Home menu of PS4 and choose Settings.
- Choose Application Saved Data Management option.
- Click Saved Data in Online Storage.
- Click Download to System Storage option.
- Browse the saved game data and select the files you want to extract.
- Click the Download button and wait for the download to complete.
- You can repeat the steps to recover all lost game files from cloud.
Way 3. How to get lost data back on PS4 via ADR for Windows
If there is no available backup, then you can choose to recover deleted files from PS4 via data recovery tool like MyRecover. The lost data may still be on the PS4 hard drive - they are marked as free space, waiting to be overwritten by new data. We can't see these deleted files but data recovery software can help us find them.
MyRecover is one professional data recovery software for Windows PC users. You can connect PS4 hard drive to computer and then let ADR for Windows scan the drive and find the deleted or lost files. It supports data recovery in various situations: system crashes, accidental deletion, virus attacks, disk formatting, etc.
You can click the download button below to get ADR for Windows and follow the steps below to recover data from PS4 hard drive.
Step 1. Connect PS4 hard drive to computer
You can connect the external hard drive to PC via an HDD Enclosure or SATA to USB converter cable.
Step 2. Scan PS4 hard drive
Launch ADR for Windows > Select the PS4 hard drive > Click Start Scan.
Step 3. Recover deleted files on PS4
When you find the files you need, you can select the files and click the Recover button to recover them. You are allowed to recover files during the scanning process so you can choose to recover files as soon as possible or wait for the complete scanning results.
That’s all about how to recover deleted files on PS4. There are different recovery methods depending on the situation.
- If you have backed up your PS4 before, then you can choose to recover lost saved data on PS4 from USB drive or cloud.
- If there is no available backup, then you can choose to get lost data back on PS4 via data recovery software such as ADR for Windows.
If you have any questions, let us know in the comments and we will reply to you soon.