(2023) How to Acheive Partition Files Recovery?
Do you still feel partition files recovery issues bothering you? Try to follow the method in this post and get your lost data back with ease.
Scenarios of partition files loss
Hi, I deleted my partitions by mistake. Drive originally had 2 partitions. Is there any way to recover the files properly?
- Question from Sevenforums
Hi! I have done a mistake and really need help. I have deleted a partition and created it into a new disk d/ but I haven't copied anything in that. And I now want my old partition files back.
- Question from tom’s Hardware
Have you ever run into the same dilemma above? Have you ever accidentally deleted partitions? It is pretty easy to stand in the shoes of those users who have lost their data.
Want to run away from data loss? Want to find out how to perform partition files recovery? Then you come to the right place.
In this article, you can get an overview of data recovery, some possible reasons for your partition loss, and the most important one, the way to recover partition files.
In the first place, let us move on to the introduction of data recovery.
About Partition Recovery and File Recovery
When people are talking about Partition Recovery, they may refer to scanning hard disk for deleted partitions from the hard disks.
They may have accidentally deleted the wrong partition that stores the important files and documents, and then attempt to seek help to recover the whole partition but not a single file.
When it comes to File Recovery or Data Recovery, we are talking about the process of remedying to get the lost, deleted, or inaccessible data retrieved.
For instance, when your hard drive is logically damaged, you may turn to some professional service or software to get all your precious photos, videos, and files back.
It is different from hard drive repair, which will only get your damaged hard drive back into its normal status or make it work again.
Then when will you face the data recovery issue? So many scenarios of data recovery can occur during your using a hard drive.
Common causes of partition files and data loss
Why do your files and data on your partition get lost? Reasons vary a lot.
• Accidental deletion. Human error is a cliché to some degree, everyone commits mistakes in everyday life, with no exception in utilizing a computer.
• Unexpected shutdown. If a power shortage occurs when your device is performing some writing operation, it may get interrupted, which will likely cause data and file loss.
• Partition table error. Software conflicts, power failures, hot swapping, etc. may cause partition table failures, resulting in loss of user data. Thus, you need to perform partition table recovery.
• Virus attack. Viruses and malware will delete your files on purpose. Take the famous virus Incaseformat as an example, all disks of the computers infected with it will be emptied except the C drive, only leaving an empty file named incaseformat.log.
• Bad sectors. Hard disk quality defects and improper use, such as too frequent defragmentation, vibration, and other reasons can easily lead to bad sectors on the hard disk; if there are bad sectors on the hard disk, the files will be unreadable.
With multiple reasons introduced, we can move on to the solutions to perform partition data recovery now.
Perform partition files recovery using Windows File Recovery
There is another free tool that could be used - Windows File Recovery. It's an official command-line app developed by Microsoft.
If you are familiar with command prompt or command lines, this tool is a good choice.
To use Windows File Recovery, you are supposed to check your File System first. Go to This PC > right-click on the drive that has lost files > Properties.
Then a recovery mode is to be chosen.
|NTFS||Deleted for a while||Extensive|
|FAT and exFAT||Any||Extensive|
Filter parameters are available if needed.
|/n||Filter the scan range: scans for a specific file with its file name/path/type, etc.||All|
|/y:||Recover specific extension groups.||Signature|
|/k||Recovers system files.||NTFS
|/u||Recovers undeleted files, for example, from the Recycle Bin.||NTFS
If you need instructions or an explanation about the modes and switches, you could get help from the Windows File Recovery use guide.
Then you could follow the steps to recover partition files.
- If asked whether allow the app to make changes to your device, please click Yes.
- The destination drive cannot be the same as the source drive.
- When meeting the error "Windows File Recovery there was an error parsing your command", please seek help.
Step 1. Go to Microsoft Store > click Get to install the Windows File Recovery.
Step 2. Start Windows File Recovery > input the command. Refer to the template:
winfr source-drive: destination-drive: [/mode] [/switches]
For example, if your File System is NTFS, and your jpg files were just deleted, then you could utilize Regular mode. And if you cannot recall the filename, you could use the wildcard "*" to narrow the scanning range.
Then the command will be like:
Winfr C: D: /n \Users\\pics\*.jpg
Step 3. Then press y to continue, and wait for the recovery. Then a recovery folder will be created in the destination.
If Windows File Recovery stuck at 99%, please refer to the troubleshooting tutorial to fix it.
Using Windows File Recovery is pretty tough for users who do not possess computer expertise and troubleshooting experience.
If you need a GUI, you could also try WinfrGUI, which fully invokes the function of Windows File Recovery and offers a graphical user interface.
Perform partition files recovery easily and efficiently via a professional Windows data recovery tool
To recover partition data, you’re highly recommended to turn to professional Windows data rescue software or services rather than try to blindly fix it by yourself for the sake of data safety.
Here MyRecover—a trusty tool you can rely on will be at your service.
Use reliable Windows data recovery software to rescue your precious data with ease.
- Easy. Within only 3 simple steps, you could get back all deleted and lost files.
- Efficient. Utilizing advanced scanning methods, it can detect lost data at a very high speed.
- Excellent. Enable to help users recover 200+ types of data.
- Compatible. Support data recovery from Windows 11/10/8/7 SP1/Server.
You can achieve partition files recovery within only 3 easy steps. Check the steps as follows.
- Once your data is lost, stop doing any overwriting operation to the partition, or your files will be permanently erased.
- Do not forget to store your recovered data in another disk to prevent a future loss.
Step 1. Launch MyRecover > select the partition that has lost files > choose Start Scan.
Step 2. Files could be sorted by Size, Path, Type, etc.
Step 3. Select the data you want to recover > Recover x files. Please remember to save these files to another drive.
Then your needed files are recovered successfully. Using this tool, you could also restore data from other devices like USB, and SD cards. It will be easy to restore flash drive data using it.
Methods for partition files recovery have been provided here.
Data loss happens a lot to computer users. Sometimes recovering partition files manually will be tough for those users who do not possess troubleshooting experience.
Then, to prevent you from falling into the same trouble, first, remember to use your device with care to avoid bad sectors.
If you need to check whether there are bad sectors on the disk, you can take advantage of an inbuilt feature "Check Partition" in AOMEI Partition Assistant.
Second, utilize an antivirus program to guard your PC.
Third, the most important is to backup your precious files on another disk as a precaution. AOMEI Backupper, good backup software can guard your data firmly.