How to Find Missing Folder in Outlook?
Learn how to find missing folder in Outlook via four feasible methods in this guide. And you can get ways to repair corrupted Outlook files and pertinent suggestions.
- How do I retrieve a lost folder in Outlook?
- 4 ways to find missing folder in Outlook
- Bonus tips: How to repair corrupted Outlook files?
How do I retrieve a lost folder in Outlook?
Microsoft Outlook is a personal information manager software system that comes with Microsoft Office and Microsoft 365 software suites. Outlook also contains calendaring, task management, contact managing, journal logging, note-taking, and web browsing.
Microsoft Outlook has gradually become a popular client for individuals and businesses because of its rich features and convenience. So can you find missing folder in Outlook because of deletion or other reasons? Please read further if your Microsoft Outlook files disappeared.
4 ways to find missing folder in Outlook
Please don’t be too concerned because feasible solutions can help you find missing files or folders in Outlook. And there’re four methods for your reference.
1. Find missing folder in Outlook using Advanced Search
If your files/folders disappeared in Outlook without deletion, you could take advantage of the Advanced Search to find them. Please refer to the following steps.
Step 1. Open Microsoft Outlook on your PC and click the Search tab.
Step 2. From the Search Tools drop-down menu, select the “Advanced Find” option.
Step 3. Type the filename of your desired folder and “Browse” the search results. After that, you may find your missing folders in Outlook.
2. Recover Outlook folders from Deleted Items
Similar to the Recycle Bin, Outlook also enables users to recover accidentally/recently deleted files, folders, attachments, and messages from Deleted Items/Trash. Let’s show how it works.
Step 1. Launch your Microsoft Outlook and click the “Deleted Items” button.
Step 2. Under the Home tab, click the “Recover Deleted Items From Server” icon.
Step 3. Choose your needed folder from all the recoverable items in the window. Then click Restore Selected Items > OK.
3. Restore deleted Outlook folders from backups
Though the above methods are effective for accidentally/recently deleted files, they’re invalid for permanently deleted files and folders. In brief, if you’ve emptied your temporary storage places such as Deleted Items, Trash, or Recycle Bin, you’ll be prompted to restore files from backups or use third-party tools.
These steps describe how to recover deleted folders in Outlook via valuable backups.
Step 1. Run your Microsoft Outlook and click “Open & Export” on the left. Then click the “Import/Export” button.
Step 2. Click the “Import from another program or file” button. Please remember to click “OK” to start the process.
4. Recover deleted Outlook folders via data recovery software
Without regular backups, you’ll have no choice but to seek help from professional data recovery software to recover deleted & missing folders in Outlook. Because only software can transform necessary backups into alternatives.
To sum up, this Windows data recovery software-MyRecover could meet all your needs.
- ★Highlights of MyRecover:
- Powerful features: Recover deleted & lost MS Office files, folders, compressed files, photos, videos, audio, and hundreds of file types from HDD, USB, SD cards, etc.
- Easy-to-find: During Quick Scan and Deep Scan, you can search your desired folders by Path, Filename, Date, etc.
- Convenient: Retain the original Path, Filename, and Format for the deleted files.
- Excellent compatibility: Support NTFS, FAT32, exFAT, and ReFS file systems.
How to recover deleted folders in Outlook with ease? Download and install MyRecover on your Windows 11, 10, 8, 7, or Windows Server computers!
Step 1. After launching MyRecover on your Windows, choose the partition that stores your Outlook program. Then click the “Start Scan” button.
Step 2. You can quickly locate your desired folder by Name, Path, Type, Date, etc. You can also wait to see all the deleted & missing files after Quick Scan and Deep Scan.
Step 3. Go to the Deleted Files/Recycle Bin/Missing Files folder and select the folder you want. Then click “Recover x files” and save the recovered folders in a new location.
Bonus tips: How to repair corrupted Outlook files?
How to find missing folder in Outlook? And how to recover deleted folders in Outlook? Please get four valid methods from the above content.
In addition, some users are bothered by damaged Outlook files because they don’t know how to repair corrupted Outlook files. If you need, please refer to the following steps.
Step 1. Launch Microsoft Outlook Inbox Repair and type your corrupted Outlook files in the search bar.
Step 2. “Browse” files and locate the damaged Outlook file you want to fix. Then click the “Start” button.
Step 3. Click “Repair” to fix the errors on your chosen Outlook files.
If you’re unwilling to suffer further damage, why don’t you consider implementing the following data loss prevention measures?
- Please think twice before deletion.
- Please don’t empty your temporary storage places at random.
- More importantly, it’s time for you to use free backup software for Windows to back up files, folders, partitions, disks, or systems regularly.
- For iOS users, you can sync Outlook contacts with iPhones via iCloud/iTunes/iOS backup and transfer tool, FoneTool.