How to Recover Kindle Books: 4 Useful Methods Included
This post includes 4 effective solutions to how to recover Kindle books. If you encounter this issue, they will help you a lot.
How do I get my Kindle book back?
If I delete a book from my Kindle, how do I recover it? My question is, if I downloaded a random book and I put it on Kindle, but I deleted the book and now I want to put the book on Kindle again, how do I get it back?
Kindle is a type of e-reader provided by Amazon, which is popular all around the world. You can read, buy, and download books, magazines and other digital media from Kindle Store. It brings much convenience to you and you may use it in a variety of environments.
However, have you encountered a situation such as virus attacks, accidental deletion, which leads to data loss on your Kindle? You may lose your Kindle books suddenly, which can be very frustrating. How to recover Kindle books and get your Kindle books back easily? We will introduce 4 useful solutions to get back something you accidentally deleted in the following content.
Where are my Amazon Kindle books stored?
Before learning how to retrieve deleted books from Kindle, you can learn something about the location to store your Amazon Kindle books. After downloading Kindle books from the Amazon website, they will be saved in the Download folder on your computer. Then you need to use a USB cable to transfer it to your Kindle.
You may also want to know “why are some of my Kindle books missing”? It may because of manual deletion, virus attacks, SD card errors, incompatible format, and so on. But don’t worry, there are 4 ways to help you to recover deleted files in Windows 10 from Kindle.
How to recover Kindle books: 4 ways
Whether you have deleted your Kindle books by mistake, or have encountered virus attacks and infections, and more, here you can find the right way to recover deleted data effectively.
Method 1. Recover Kindle books via Cloud Library in Amazon
There is a cloud library in Amazon, which stores all your digital purchases including all your Kindle books. They will not get lost due to local disasters, virus attacks, etc. because they are stored on the cloud. You can refer to the easy guideline to “how do I restore my Kindle library”.
1. Turn on your Kindle, and go to the Home page.
2. Please click on My Library on the top left or the bottom according to your Kindle model.
3. Next, click on the All tab in the top taskbar. All the Kindle books that you have bought will be shown on the page.
4. Find the lost Kindle books here, and choose them to redownload. After that, you will get your Kindle books back on your device.
Method 2. Recover Kindle books from Amazon account
How to restore books on Kindle app? You are allowed to log into your Amazon account on the Kindle device. And your Amazon account will sync your Kindle books. So you can recover Kindle books from your Amazon account by following the steps below:
1. On your computer, log into your Amazon account properly.
2. Go to the Manage Your Content and Devices section. Choose the Content option on the top line. You can find your Kindle books here.
3. After that, connect your Kindle device to the computer with a USB cable. And choose the Kindle books you want to recover, choose Download and transfer via USB in the Actions part to recover them to your Kindle device.
Method 3. Recover Kindle books by redownloading archived books
If you bought your Kindle books from Amazon, they will be archived. So it will be easy to recover them by redownloading. You can refer to the guide to recover Kindle books on the Kindle device directly:
1. Go to the home page on your Kindle device.
2. Choose the Menu option on the right top. In the pop-up window, select the View Archived Items option.
3. Then, you can choose the lost Kindle books to redownload.
Method 4. Recover Kindle books via data recovery software
If you are unfortunate enough to experience a device failure or a virus attack, then your Kindle books may be completely lost. But don’t worry, you can choose a professional data recovery software called MyRecover to get your Kindle books back on the computer.
MyRecover is an easy data recovery software available in Windows 11, 10, 8, 7 and Windows Server operating systems. It supports to recover more than 200 types of data so you can use it to recover your Kindle books successfully.
- Besides, MyRecover offers many outstanding points for you:
- High recovery rate and high recovery speed.
- Multiple scanning methods including Quick Scan and Deep Scan.
- User-friendly graphical user interface and simple operating steps.
- Recover data from different storage devices like recovering data from SSD, HDD, USB, SD cards, and so on.
Now, you can click on the Download Software button to get the MyRecover client on your computer. Then here is a 3-step guideline to recover data with it:
1. Connect your Kindle device to your computer first. In MyRecover, choose the partition or disk where your Kindle books were stored before. Then click on Start Scan to scan it.
2. You can see all your deleted files and other missing files after Quick Scan/Deep Scan automatically.
3. After confirming the scanning result. You can choose a new location to store the recovered files. After that, click on the Recover X files button to recover your Kindle books from computer.
To sum up
This tutorial has introduced 4 useful solutions to how to recover Kindle books. In some cases, you can recover your Kindle books on the Kindle device directly. Sometimes, you need to go to your Amazon account to recover them. And you can use the best free file recovery software in Windows to recover your Kindle books from your PC as well.