How to Perform CFexpress Card Data Recovery | Detailed Guide
In this full guide, you can get the most effective method for CFexpress card data recovery. Follow the step-by-step guide to get your lost data back.
CFexpress cards have gained immense popularity as a reliable storage option for preserving precious pictures and videos. However, the frustration of experiencing data loss on your CFexpress card due to unforeseen circumstances is undeniable. Thankfully, the good news is that CFexpress card recovery is not only possible but also attainable.
This article aims to equip you with essential knowledge and technical details about CFexpress cards. We will explore the various scenarios that can lead to data loss on these cards and, more importantly, share the best free file recovery software for CFexpress card data recovery.
Understanding the CFexpress card
CFexpress cards are purpose-built storage devices designed to accommodate high-resolution photos and videos. With their PCIe 3.0 interface and NVMe 1.3 protocols, these memory cards offer lightning-fast speeds, allowing you to leverage the latest features available on your camera.
✍Is CFexpress superior to SD cards?
The answer lies in their intended use. While CFexpress cards come at a higher cost than SD cards, they excel in catering to professionals and videographers. These cards are specifically optimized for handling 4K to 8K resolution videos and boast superior durability and blazing-fast speeds compared to their SD card counterparts.
✍What is the difference between CF and CFexpress?
Now, let's delve into the differences between CF and CFexpress cards. CompactFlash (CF) cards employ flash memory technology to store data, while CFexpress cards represent the latest generation of CF cards, delivering enhanced performance for working with high-resolution content on modern cameras. CF cards reach a maximum speed of 167 MB/s, whereas CFexpress cards offer a base speed of 1000 MB/s, accompanied by a larger form factor.
✍Is there a difference between CFexpress Type A and Type B?
Additionally, it's worth noting the distinction between CFexpress Type A and Type B cards. The size of a Type A card is larger than the size of a Type B card because of the difference in PCIe lanes. Type A cards feature one PCIe lane, while Type B cards boast two lanes. Furthermore, Type A cards offer a maximum theoretical transfer speed of 1000 MB/s, while Type B cards can achieve up to 2000 MB/s.
Common scenarios leading to CFexpress card data loss
Despite the consistent performance and impressive speeds offered by CFexpress cards, they are not impervious to data loss. The cause of your data loss can significantly impact the likelihood of restoring your files independently. For instance, while CFexpress cards are generally durable, their delicate wire pins can be susceptible to damage and wear over time.
Let's explore some common scenarios that lead to data loss on CFexpress memory cards and digital cameras utilizing these cards:
- Formatting: Formatting will erase anything on your CFexpress card.
- Accidental deletion: Unintentionally deleting files from the CFexpress card's folder.
- Physical damage: The CFexpress card is bent or broken due to external force.
- Virus attack: Malware infecting your CFexpress card.
- Improper card ejection: Improperly ejecting the card without following the recommended procedures.
- Continuous formatting using a computer: Frequent formatting with a computer can expedite the degradation of CFexpress cards, resulting in data loss over time. Thus, you may need formatted data recovery software.
2 options for CFexpress card data recovery
Here, we prepare 2 options for data recovery on a CF card. If you can get your lost videos and photos back with the first method, it will be lucky for you.
Option 1. Recover CFexpress card data with MyRecover
It is a pity to hear that you lose your CFexpress card data. If you want a useful method for CFexpress card data recovery, the data recovery tool MyRecover can meet all your requirements.
Regardless of the reason your data is lost, like deletion, formatting, system crashes, etc. MyRecover can help you to find it and get it back.
If you often save your photos and videos on storage devices like CFexpress card, SD card, USB flash drives, etc. MyRecover is the best assistant for you. With it, you can perform Cannon, Fujifilm, Sony SD card recovery and other data recovery easily.
Main features of MyRecover
- Flexibility: MyRecover can recover 200+ types of data. For instance, videos, photos, audio, texts, emails, web pages, and so on.
- Compatibility: It can perform recovery tasks well with Windows 11/10/8/7 and Windows Server 2022, 2019, 2016, 2012, etc.
- Functionality: This professional tool can recover the deleted videos or photos from memory cards, SSD, HDD, USB, etc.
- Friendliness: Even newcomers can perform CFexpress card recovery with this user-friendly tool because it provides an intuitive user interface and easy-to-follow steps.
Let’s see how to perform CFexpress card recovery via MyRecover.
1. First, connect your CFexpress card to your computer and choose your CFexpress card icon on this page. Click Start Scan to scan it.
2. MyRecover will start Quick Scan and Deep Scan at the same time. All the deleted files and missing files will show up on this page.
3. Choose the videos and photos that you want to recover from CFexpress card, and click Recover x files. Please choose a safe location for them.
Option 2. Contact a professional data recovery service
Data recovery software tools offer effective file restoration from scenarios such as recover deleted files from formatting, or data corruption. These tools are equipped with advanced features that streamline the entire data recovery process. However, there are situations where relying solely on software may not suffice.
If your CFexpress card is physically deformed, exhibits logical errors, or is inaccessible even with data recovery software, these are indications of physical damage. Perhaps your CFexpress card suffered a fall, or encountered water, or extreme temperatures, rendering it dysfunctional. In such cases, reaching out to a professional memory card data recovery service is your best course of action.
Expert technicians will meticulously analyze the condition of your CFexpress card, identifying and addressing any physical damage. Moreover, they can provide valuable advice on future file recovery from memory cards.
How to protect data on CFexpress card
While data recovery software can retrieve lost photos or files in most cases, minimizing the chances of data loss on CF cards or other storage devices is always preferable. You can consider taking some actions here to protect your data away from loss data on CFexpress card.
- Delete data carefully: Once you delete data from a CFexpress card, it will now be kept in the Recycle Bin, so you cannot recover deleted files from Recycle Bin easily. Be vigilant when deleting files from a CF card.
- Be careful to format the device: While formatting may be necessary to fix errors on your CF card, such as virus attacks or the RAW file system, performing data recovery before formatting helps safeguard your data, reducing potential risks.
- Back up important files to another location: Cultivating the habit of regularly backing up essential files significantly reduces the risk of data loss. Even if the original files are lost, having backup files ensures you still have access to your important data. Explore options such as manual copying, utilizing free backup software, or syncing files to cloud storage, and choose the method that best suits your needs.
FAQs about CFexpress card
✍ 1. How does a CFexpress card differ from an SD card?
CFexpress cards are more suitable for professionals and video shooting, as they offer higher speeds and can handle 4K to 8K resolution videos. They are also more durable compared to SD cards.
✍ 2. Can I use a CFexpress card in my existing camera?
CFexpress cards are compatible with cameras that have a CFexpress card slot or support CFexpress card adapters. Ensure your camera supports CFexpress before using it.
✍ 3. Are CFexpress cards backward compatible with older devices?
CFexpress cards may require a compatible card reader or adapter to be used with older devices that support CompactFlash (CF) cards.
✍ 4. Are CFexpress cards waterproof or shockproof?
CFexpress cards may have varying degrees of resistance to water and shocks depending on the manufacturer and model. Check the specifications provided by the card manufacturer for detailed information.