Full Guide: 2 Best Free SD Card Recovery Software
This page covers 2 best free SD card recovery software and more useful information about them. You can read on to get them in this pos
Situations about SD card data loss
As a highly appreciated external storage tool, SD card is known for its small size and portability. It helps to store data on many kinds of devices such as mobile phones, cameras, music players, etc.
At the same time, however, there is a risk of data loss on SD cards. Once your SD card data is lost, it is not easy to get SD card recovery without the best free SD card recovery software.
Here are some common manifestations when the data on your SD card is lost:
- There are no files displayed on your SD card.
- SD card read or write failed.
- Black screen when using SD card.
- Error messages from the operating system.
Common causes of SD card data loss
SD card data can be lost due to improper use, malware or virus attacks, etc. And we concluded some common causes of SD card data loss here. You can refer to them and avoid data loss on SD card again:
- Accidental deletion: Users may delete data by mistake.
- Virus attack: SD card data may be lost when your computer is attacked by viruses. And your SD card may be corrupted as well.
- Physical damage: It is the worst cause of data loss because you may have no chance to recover files from SD card successfully.
- Incorrect connection: There may be dirt on the surface of your SD card. Or if you connect it to your computer incorrectly, you cannot view your files.
2 Best Free SD Card Recovery Software
Since it is difficult to recover SD card data without software, we prepared 2 best data recovery software for SD card here. If you do not know a lot about computers, you can choose the first one directly. If you are familiar with command line, you can try the second one.
Part 1. MyRecover (Easiest)
Among all SD card data recovery software, here comes the easiest one - MyRecover. Once your SD card data is lost, you can try this best free SD card recovery software for PC. You can get it on Windows 11/10/8/7 and Windows Server.
MyRecover can help you recover data from different situations including manual deletion, virus attack, formatted SD card, and so on.
Let’s view the highlights of MyRecover:
Then you can click on the Download Software button and refer to the guideline to recover data from SD card.
1. First, connect your SD card to your computer properly and choose your SD card icon on this page. Then click Start Scan to let it be scanned.
2. You will see your deleted files and other missing files from the SD card after Quick Scan/Deep Scan automatically by MyRecover.
3. Check the scanning result and choose a new location to save your recovered files. After that, click on the Recover X files button to recover data from micro SD card easily.
Part 2. Windows File Recovery
Another best free micro SD card recovery software is provided by Microsoft - Windows File Recovery. It can only work on Windows 10 2004 and later versions of Windows operating systems. But it is not easy to use for users who do not know much about command lines.
To use such a command-line tool, you need to learn some basic knowledge first:
The basic command line syntax: winfr source-drive: destination-drive: [/mode] [/switches].
Please check your File system by right-clicking on your SD card in This PC and choosing Properties.
Then you can choose the correct mode using the file system according to the table below:
1. Go to the Microsoft Store to Get and install Windows File Recovery on your PC.
2. Next, go to the Windows menu to locate it, and click Run as administrator.
3. Input the proper command line and tap Enter, for example, input winfr D: E: /extensive /n *paper*. This command line means recovering the paper files from D drive to E drive and you use the extensive mode. You can replace the D: with the letter of your SD card. Then click Y to continue.
Tip: Recover SD card data without software
If your data is not deleted actually but just hidden due to viruses or malware attacks, you can recover SD card data without software. You can try Command Prompt built in the Windows operating system. Please follow the steps below to find and recover your SD card data:
1. Connect your SD card to your PC correctly.
2. Press the Windows and R keys at the same time to launch Run. Input cmd in the blank.
3. Input the command Attrib -H -R -S /S /D G:\*.* (Replace G with the letter of your SD card) and then tap Enter. After it finishes, you can go to the destination to check your recovered data.
Written in the end
That’s all about the best free SD card recovery software. With them, you can recover deleted data from SD card for free. You can choose a command-line tool to help you. If you are not familiar with a command-line tool without a graphical user interface, you can consider using the easier way - MyRecover.