The Hyper-V is a Windows built-in tool that allows you to create a virtualized server computing environment, so you can run many operating systems (OS) on a physical computer simultaneously. With Hyper-V, you can do more things without worrying about the hardware incompatibilities.
Unlike other virtualization tools, Microsoft will still provide tech support for its official applications that run on Hyper-V. If you have virtual machines running on other virtualization tools, such as VMware, and VirtualBox, you can migrate them to Hyper-V. To do that, you need a Windows Server Hyper-V backup software.
Hyper-V Backup Software - AOMEI Backupper Server
AOMEI Backupper Server is a Windows Server backup program that provides complete support for Microsoft Hyper-V, VMware, Virtualbox, and other virtual machine software. It supports Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2011, 2012, 2016, 2019 (including R2), SBS 2003, 2008, 2011 and the corresponding version of Windows PC OS.
It has many qualities that you think the best Hyper-V backup software requires: straightforward and aesthetically pleasing graphic user interface (GUI), bootable rescue media, 128-bit encryption, incremental/differential backups, email notification, PXE boot tool, etc.
You can use it to backup to shared folder over the network, so you can view the backups from either physical machine or virtual machine. What’s more, it supports dissimilar hardware restore that helps you to restore system backup to another computer with dissimilar hardware, which can be used to convert physical machine to virtual machine, and vice versa.
Windows Server 2019/2016/2012/2008 Hyper-V Backup Guide
The server backup software, AOMEI Backupper Server provides System Backup, Disk Backup, Partition Backup, and File Backup for server backup. To backup Hyper-V virtual machines, you can install AOMEI Backupper on the Hyper-V and backup it from there.
To backup Windows Server Hyper-V:
1. Open the Hyper-V virtual machine, and download, install and launch AOMEI Backupper.
2. Click System Backup under Backup tab. If you want to back up an entire disk drive, select Disk Backup instead.
3. The program will automatically include the required partitions for system backup in the backup, so you only need to select a location to store the image backup.
4. Then you can configure a schedule to run this backup with full/incremental/differential backups, and click Scheme to enable Disk space management to delete old backups. To see more additional options, you can click Options. After all settings are done, click Start Backup.
More Details about Schedule and Scheme settings (optional):
1. Six options offered in Schedule for you to automatically backup Hyper-V:
Daily/Weekly/Monthly: Set the backup based on daily, weekly, monthly to automatic running and prevent forgetting to backup.
Choose Event Triggers to trigger the backup task by the following events: User logon, User logoff, System startup, System shutdown.
with USB plug in option, it will automatically back up the data on the USB or backup local data to USB device once detecting the USB device of the task is inserted. It’s kind of simple and flexible.
Real-time Sync: Sync files immediately once they changed, and ensure all your files stay up to date.
2. Click Scheme -> Enable Backup Scheme to specify the backup numbers to keep. And choose one of the following schemes to delete old backup images automatically: Full Backup Scheme, Incremental Backup Scheme, Differential Backup Scheme, Space Management Scheme, Other Backup Scheme. Refer to backup scheme for more details about the retention policy works.
If you want to backup to virtual disk instead of shared folder, you can attach the virtual disk (VHD or VHDX formatted) in Disk Management. Then you can read or write data to the virtual disk in File Explorer. If you want to use this backup to migrate to physical machine or other virtual machines, you can, and then use dissimilar hardware restore to restore to where you want it to be. As Windows Server Hyper-V backup software, AOMEI Backupper also allows you to restore or clone system from a GPT disk (UEFI based)to an MBR disk (BIOS based) while the destination disk remains bootable.
As you can see, Windows Server Hyper-V backup is such an easy thing with the help of AOMEI Backupper Server. It helps you easily backup system, disk or files and also lets you perform a restore to anywhere you want. Go for it now and discover more!