Since Windows 7 released, many computer users have installed it. When we install a new operating system, it is better to clone the system to an image file, from which we can restore the system if some disasters happen, such as system crash or boot failure.
We all know there are some great improvements on Windows7. For example, its built-in disk management tools bring two new features: Extend and Shrink Volume. Windows 7 also provides both the ability to back up individual folders and to create a system image of our computer. Here we are going to see how it works:
- Typing "backup and restore" in the start menu search box and press "Enter" to open the Backup and Restore window.
- Click "Create a system image" option on the left side of the window.
- In the "Create a System image" window, select the location where we would like to save the backup image, and click "Next". We can choose an external drive, burn to multiple DVD's, or store it on a network location.
- In the next window, we need to choose the drive that we want to clone. Usually, the system drive (C:) is checked by default.
- In this step, we need to confirm the location of backup and the drives that we want to back up, and then click "Start backup" if everything is correct.
Although Windows 7 can backup partitions, it still has some limitations during the process. First, Windows 7 can only clone the NTFS file system partitions in the system image. Second, only the Windows 7 Professional, Ultimate, and Enterprise editions can backup the system image to a network location, and so on.
Windows 7 system image backup
Under this condition, using a third-party backup software is highly recommended. AOMEI Backupper is the best backup software, which provides an easy and convenient way to clone partitions and disks.
It provides three backup methods:
full backup, incremental and differential backup. Here is a picture for reference:
Apart from backing up functions, there are many other features, such as restore partitions and disks from the image file, create bootable disc, clone hard disk and volume, etc.
So please free download this free backup software to protect the data on the hard disk.Related Articles:
- Backup XP with AOMEI Backupper
- Backup System with Free System Backup Software
- Best Backup Freeware for System Backup
- Backup Hard Disk to Avoid Data Loss
- Powerful Disk Image Software for Windows Server 2008
- How to Image Backup Windows Server with AOMEI Backupper?
- Free Windows Image Backup Software
- Free Imaging Software for Data Backup and Restore
- Solution to Windows Home Server Backup