Why Sync SD Card?
Secure Digital (SD) card plays important role in people’s daily life. It stores data on Digital cameras or Android smart phones, or transfers files from one location to another. In some special cases, it stores navigation maps installed on a car (like Ford or Lincoln), which is also known as Navigation SD card.
So important the SD card is, it is not uncommon to sync file from or to SD card. In general, users want to sync files on SD card in following situations.
For data security. One may want to sync files on Android SD card to computer to make another copy. When the SD card has an accident, he won’t be mess up.
Access files from other devices. One may want to sync SD card to Google Drive or other cloud storages that could be accessed from multiple platforms.
Reformat SD card for another use. Then, files on the SD card need to be synced to safe places.
Simply transfer files from or to SD card. One may want to sync one SD card to another to perform a memory card upgrading, or sync SD card to external SD card to make files delivered.
You may have other reasons that are not listed here to sync an SD card, but the more important thing is to figure out how to carry out SD card synchronization easily.
Sync Android SD Card to External SD Card
SD cards are widely used on Android smart phones as external SD card. Therefore, many users want to know how to sync files from smart phone to SD card. If you’re using Android OS 4.4 or below, here are steps.
1. On your smart phone, tab Menu > Folders.
2. Navigate to the folder you want to sync but don’t open it.
3. Tab Select on the top bar and select folder(s) you want to sync.
4. Select the destination path and external SD card in turn when it prompts.
Download Free File Sync Software for SD Card
However, there is many other situations need the synchronization on SD card. A common and easy way is required urgently. Under such circumstance, AOMEI Backupper Standard, the free file sync software, is strongly recommended.
This software allows you to sync SD card including files and folders to many devices such as local computer, cloud storage, NAS, network share, external storage, etc. That is supported with “File Sync” feature. If you plan to image files on SD card, choose “File Backup” to create image files. This option saves disk space on destination path, but it requires a restore progress before you could use the file. For more information, go to backup SD card to computer.
In addition, if you have applications or programs installed on the SD card and want to make an intact copy of them, the “Disk Clone” feature of the software comes to help. It will copy the entire SD card, including bootable SD card, to the target disk. For detailed steps, refer to clone navigation SD card.
The software supports Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP operating system and has lucid user interface. Now, free download it and have a try.
How to Sync SD Card to Computer Step by Step?
This part will take sync SD card to computer for example.
1. Install AOMEI Backupper Standard on a Windows based computer.
2. Prepare an SD card adapter if your computer has no SD card slot. Connect the SD card to the computer where you installed AOMEI Backupper. Make sure it can be detected.
1. Run AOMEI Backupper. Click Sync tab and select Basic Sync.
2. Click Add Folder to select files you want to sync on SD card. Edit the Task Name as you wish.
3. Then select a local folder on your computer as the destination path.
4. Click Start Sync to sync SD card to computer locally.
Besides, you could try sync changed files from the source directory to the destination directory in real time with Real-Time Sync, sync files both ways, and make files in destination always be the same as source with Mirror Sync, and they are available in AOMEI Backupper Professional or higher edition.
How to Update Your Ford Sync Navigation SD Card (Map/GPS)?
In general, navigation SD card is usually used in a Ford or Lincoln car, let’s see how to update Ford GPS update:
1. Ford will update the navigation system every year to provide the Ford map update at here: http://ford.navigation.com/owners
2. Choose your vehicle model and year, it will automatically show the available GPS update for you.
3. Paid for it and you will get the latest Ford Sync navigation SD card.
4. Install the navigation SD card on your Ford SD card slot after you got it.
5. Ford car will automatically detecting the navigation information. And then you could use the latest Ford Map update on navigation SD card in Ford Sync system.
When you want to sync SD card to computer or Google Drive, it is highly recommended to try AOMEI Backupper Standard. It is free and earns its own reputation among millions of users around the world. Go for it and give it a shot.