How to Perform Verbatim Memory Card Recovery [Fast & Easy]
In this comprehensive guide, we will explore the common causes of Verbatim memory card data loss and introduce effective methods for Verbatim memory card recovery.
With a rich history spanning over five decades, Verbatim has firmly established itself as a prominent player in the storage media industry. Their memory cards have garnered widespread acclaim due to their powerful quality and affordable price point.
However, like any other brand, Verbatim memory cards are susceptible to data loss. In this guide, we will delve into the leading causes of memory card data loss and provide expert advice on Verbatim memory card recovery.
Recovering a Verbatim Memory Card: Is It Feasible?
The possibility of Verbatim SD card recovery depends on the circumstances that led to the disappearance of your files from the SD card. Here are various scenarios of data loss that users commonly encounter:
✍ Accidental Deletion
In most cases, deleted files from Verbatim memory cards can be recovered using specialized data recovery software. However, successful recovery depends on whether the deleted data has been overwritten. Alternatively, if you have a backup of your memory card, you can restore files from backup directly.
When you format Verbatim USB drive: Quick format and Full format are available. Performing a Quick format erases all files on the memory card and establishes a new file system, but the data remains intact until overwritten. Full formats permanently delete files. Therefore, data recovery from Verbatim memory cards is possible if a Quick format was performed.
✍ Logical Corruption
Logical corruption on a storage device can result in data loss or make the verbatim SD card not recognized. Certain advanced data recovery programs can recover files from a corrupted SD card, even if the operating system cannot access them.
✍ Physical Damage
Data recovery programs have limited efficacy when it comes to data loss caused by physical damage to the device. In such cases, it is advisable to get help from a reliable data recovery service near you to explore potential file recovery options.
✍ File Transfer Errors
If you encounter errors while transferring files to or from your Verbatim memory card, the integrity of the files may become corrupted. In these instances, data recovery software may help recover files from the Verbatim memory card. However, it is worth noting that the recovered files may not be readable. The most reliable way to recover files in such cases is through a backup.
Efficient Methods for Verbatim Memory Card Recovery
No matter what type of Verbatim memory card you are using, the optimal approach for data recovery is to use a top-tier data recovery tool. MyRecover, renowned for its exceptional recovery rates, fast scanning times, and user-friendly interface, stands out as one of the premier options in the data recovery domain. Furthermore, it has several remarkable features:
- Recover many brands of memory card recovery, like Verbatim memory card, SanDisk memory card, Toshiba SD card, and more.
- You can recover more than 200 types of files from a memory card, including images, videos, text, emails, etc.
- The filter feature can make you search for and locate your desired files quickly.
- In addition to memory cards, many other storage devices are supported including SSD, HDD, USB, etc.
1. Connect your Verbatim memory card to your computer and choose to click on Start Scan.
2. MyRecover will scan your Verbatim memory card with Quick Scan and Deep Scan. Then you can see all the deleted files and missing files.
3. Choose your desired files to select Recover x files. Then select a new location for your recovered data from the Verbatim memory card.
Alternative Approaches to Recovering Verbatim SD Cards
There are some other ways to recover data from a memory card. Maybe you can have a try.
Method 1. Restore Memory Card Accessibility by Reinstalling the Device Driver
Outdated device drivers can often render an SD card inaccessible. To address this issue, you can reinstall the device driver. Here's how:
1. Press the Win+R keys and enter "devmgmt.msc" to launch the Device Manager.
2. Right-click on the SD card listed under Disk Devices and select "Uninstall device."
3. Restart your computer, reconnect the SD card, and the device driver will be automatically reinstalled.
Method 2. Perform Memory Card Recovery Using Disk Management
In certain cases, an inaccessible SD card may result from conflicting drive letters between your PC and an external hard drive. When the drive letter of the external hard disk matches that of the PC, an error prompt may appear. To resolve this issue, you can assign a new drive letter to the SD card. Follow these steps:
1. Connect the SD card to your PC and right-click on the Start menu. Choose "Disk Management."
2. Right-click on the SD card and select "Change Drive Letter and Path" > "Change" > "Assign the following drive letter."
3. Confirm the changes by clicking "OK." Restart your device to ensure the modifications take effect.
Damaged, Broken, or Non-functional Verbatim Memory Cards Recovery
As mentioned earlier, file recovery software cannot resolve Verbatim memory cards that are no longer operational or have sustained significant physical damage. In such severe cases, your best choice is to look for a reputable SD card recovery service that caters to your specific area.