Quick Solved: How to Recover Deleted CorelDRAW Files
This article can meet your requirement if you want to know how to recover deleted CorelDraw files. Keep reading to get further information about it.
Introduction to CorelDRAW Files
CorelDRAW is a widely-used vector graphics editor, which creates files called CDR files. While some files with the . CDR extension may be related to the macOS CD/DVD format or raw audio CD data, this article focuses specifically on CDR files used in CorelDRAW projects.
A typical CorelDRAW file contains essential project elements such as images, text, lines, shapes, colors, and effects. The versatility of the CDR format allows for the creation of various documents, including tabloids, webpages, brochures, envelopes, postcards, and web banners.
Since its initial release in 1989, the CDR format has undergone multiple updates, introducing new features and modifications. Converting CDR files to popular image formats like JPG, BMP, or PNG expands the range of software available for viewing the files.
Additionally, CorelDRAW enables the saving of CDR files as templates, denoted by the CDT extension, or compression, which changes the extension to .CDX. Now, let us explore methods for how to recover deleted CorelDRAW files and resume work on your CorelDRAW projects.
Common Causes of CorelDRAW File Loss
There are several scenarios in which CorelDRAW files may be deleted or lost. These include accidental deletion using the Shift and Delete keys, inability to access documents created in previous CorelDRAW versions, application or system crashes before saving a newly created CorelDRAW file, file corruption due to malware or viruses, and formatting or deletion of a storage volume containing CorelDRAW files.
In such challenging situations, it becomes crucial to recover lost files and deleted files. In the following sections, we will discuss practical methods for how to recover deleted CorelDRAW files and how to recover unsaved CorelDRAW files as well.
Multiple Tips for Recovering Deleted CorelDRAW Files
There are various solutions to recover your deleted CorelDRAW files, and even individuals with limited computer experience or knowledge can follow these steps to retrieve their files conveniently at home. The best part is that most of these methods do not require any financial investment.
However, before proceeding with any CorelDRAW file recovery process, it is essential to keep the following tips in mind:
✍ Avoid transferring large amounts of data to the storage device, as creating new data on the device can decrease the success rate of file recovery.
✍ Start the data recovery process as soon as possible to increase the possibility of successful recovery and prevent further data creation on the HDD or SSD.
✍ Begin with the most convenient and effective data recovery method available, as multiple recovery attempts make it progressively more challenging to recover all the lost data.
In situations where the storage device is physically compromised or when data loss occurs in a TRIM-enabled Solid State Drive (SSD), it is recommended to seek assistance from a professional data recovery service.
How to Recover Deleted CorelDRAW Files
How to recover deleted CorelDRAW files? There are multiple available methods. After reading the following part, you can choose a suitable option for your deleted CorelDRAW files.
Method 1. Restore Deleted CorelDRAW Files from Recycle Bin
If you recently deleted your CorelDRAW files and haven't emptied the Recycle Bin or used the Shift and Delete keys, you can recover deleted files from Recycle Bin through the following simple steps:
1. Double-click on the Recycle Bin icon located on your Desktop.
2. Locate and right-click the CorelDRAW file you wish to restore from the Recycle Bin, choose the Restore option here.
Method 2. Use Windows File History to Restore CorelDRAW Files
Windows File History primarily saves data from your C: drive, including Desktop, Downloads, and Favorites. It also relies on restore points and previous versions to recover files. This method is suitable if your CorelDRAW files were deleted from the C: drive. To restore previous versions of files and retrieve overwritten or lost files, please follow these steps:
1. Access Control Panel > System and Security > File History.
2. Click on "Restore personal files."
3. Select the deleted CorelDRAW files you need and click the "Recover" button. You can use the arrow icon to navigate through earlier versions. For example, if you want to recover a deleted folder from the desktop, you can locate it and initiate the recovery process.
Using this method, you can restore files from a backup easily.
Method 3. Recover Deleted CorelDRAW Files with a Useful Recovery Tool
However, you may meet such a situation: you can not find your deleted CorelDRAW files from Recycle Bin and you have not created a backup of them. For this, you’d better try a useful and professional data recovery tool like MyRecover.
With MyRecover, your data recovery for CorelDRAW files will become easy and convenient. It supports many different types of files including CorelDRAW files, photos and videos, office documents, and more.
Efficient features of MyRecover
- Keep the original format, filename, and path of recovered files.
- Scan and restore files within several minutes and at a high recovery rate.
- Support data recovery from healthy or formatted hard disks.
- Compatible with Windows 11/10/8/7 SP1/Server.
Download MyRecover on your computer. Let’s follow the steps here to recover deleted files via MyRecover with a few clicks.
1. First, click the partition or disk where your CorelDRAW files are deleted or lost. Choose Start Scan to let it be scanned.
2. Then you can see your deleted CorelDRAW files and other missing files after Quick Scan and Deep Scan automatically.
✍ Tip: You can locate your files quickly by using the filter (Type, Data Modified, and Size)
3. Next, check the scanning result. Select your recovered CorelDRAW files. After that, click on the Recover X files button and choose a safe location to save them then.
Tips: How to Recover Unsaved CorelDRAW Files
How do I recover an unsaved CorelDRAW file? This is a common user problem in forums. We also prepared 2 options for you to solve it.
Option 1: Recovering Unsaved CorelDRAW Files from Auto Backup
CorelDRAW provides an auto backup feature that regularly saves a backup copy of your edited file. The backup files, labeled as 'Backup_of_', are saved in the same location as the original CorelDRAW file. To recover unsaved CorelDRAW files, follow these steps:
✍ Tip: This method only works if you have enabled the AutoSave Settings in CorelDRAW.
1. Navigate to the folder where the previous version of the CorelDRAW file is stored.
2. Locate the file starting with 'Backup_of_'.
3. Click on the file to access your CorelDRAW file.
Option 2: Recover Unsaved CorelDRAW Files from Backup Files
CorelDRAW generates backup files of your drawings to help recover unsaved files in the event of unexpected software crashes. These backup files have the .BAK extension. To recover files from the backup files, follow these steps:
1. Go to the C:/Program Files/Corel/Programs/Draw folder.
2. Search for the .BAK file that matches the Corel file you want to recover.
3. Double-click on the file to open it.
Once opened, save the file to preserve your recovered data.