PS4 Cannot Access System Storage? Fixed!
Learn to fix PS4 cannot access system storage via feasible solutions on this page. Besides, you can also recover data from PS4 hard drives with ease.
PS4 cannot access system storage!
If you encounter the error code CE-34335-8 and the accompanying message that PS4 cannot access system storage, there is likely an issue with your PS4’s internal hard drive.
When playing games on your PS4, there have been instances where users have removed the hard drive, resulting in the CE-34335-8 error. And it indicates that the PS4 cannot detect the hard drive.
If you cannot start the PS4 and access system storage with this CE-34335-8 error code, perhaps this passage can help you.
Why is my PS4 saying cannot access system storage?
If your PS4 cannot access system storage, it’s necessary for you to examine the precise cause of this issue. Please check them out below.
- Is the hard drive properly connected?
- Is the connection to the hard drive loose?
- Is the PS4’s hardware processor damaged?
- Are there any bad sectors on the hard drive?
- Is the power supply connector for the hard drive damaged?
Part 1: How to fix PS4 cannot access system storage?
If you cannot start the PS4 cannot access system storage, you can refer to the following steps to initialize your PS4.
Step 1. Press and hold the power off > release it and wait for two beeps to enter Safe Mode.
Step 2. Connect the DualShock®4 controller using a USB cable and press the PS button.
Step 3. Click Initialize PS4 (Restore System Software) to begin the process.
After initialization, please ensure your PS4 is the latest system software version. Then you can connect the external USB to your PS4 and check whether the extended storage functionality has been restored.
Part 2. Replace the internal hard drive and recover data from hard drives
As a first step, try pressing the power button for one second to turn off the PS4 and then turn it back on to see if the error persists. But several users have reported attempting all available options in Safe Mode without success. So you can remove the hard drive from the PS4 and reconnect it to another PC.
Sometimes, this way can help you recover files from a dead computer.
Please refer to the following four phases. If needed, the last phase guides you to recover data from PS4 hard drives.
Phase 1. Preparations to fix cannot access system storage PS4
- A screwdriver.
- A working PC connected to the Internet
- An external storage device with at least 1GB of free space
- Ensure you have a PlayStation 4 full-size system, specifically models CUH-1000 to CUH-1200 or model CUH-1215.
- Obtain an officially supported replacement hard drive. Only 2.5-inch internal type and serial ATA internal hard drives are supported by the PS4 system.
Step 2. Make a disk backup of your PS4
To prevent data loss, you’d better make a disk backup of your PS4’s internal hard drive including all games, apps, saved data, captures, and themes.
Here comes a free Windows backup tool, AOMEI Backupper. This freeware is designed to back up files, partitions, disks, or systems. Let’s take disk backups as an example.
Step 1. Download and install AOMEI Backupper on your Windows PC. After running this tool, connect your PS4 hard drive to the computer.
Step 2. Under the Backup button, select the “Disk Backup” option.
Step 3. Click “Add Disk” to choose your connected PS4.
Step 4. Specify a saved path to save this backup and click the “Start Backup” button.
Step 5. After the backup process, click “Finish” to exit this window.
Step 3. Replace your internal hard drive
If your PS4’s hard drive is severely damaged, please consider purchasing a new one and replacing it yourself instead of spending significant money on professional repairs. This way also can resolve your PS4 cannot access system storage.
Step 1. Ensure the PS4 is completely turned off.
Step 2. Remove the old internal hard drive.
Step 3. Replace it with a larger hard drive compatible with PS4.
After replacing the hard drive, you can copy the saved data to your PlayStation 4 system. Please remember to sign in with the same account during the process.
Step 4. How to recover data from PS4 hard drives?
Many users may have mishandled their hard drives by repeatedly installing, connecting, or removing them without proper consideration. What’s worse, using a single hard drive across various devices can also cause hard drive data loss.
Or if you’ve accidentally deleted files from PS4 hard drives, can you recover data from PS4 hard drives?
In this situation, using reliable data recovery software such as MyRecover is the optimal solution for recovering deleted and missing files from PS4 hard drives.
- ★Key features of MyRecover:
- High-efficiency: Recover 42+ types of images (PNG, JPG, JPEG, BMP, etc.), videos (MP4, MOV, etc.), MS Office files, WPS files, folders, compressed files, audio, songs, videos, and websites from internal and external HDDs, USBs, SD cards, etc.
- Advanced scanning method: MyRecover runs Quick Scan & Deep Scan automatically to search all the recoverable files. Specify the filename, saved path, date, or size to filter your needed photos.
- Convenience: Retain the original filename, path, and format for the deleted files.
- Excellent compatibility: Support NTFS, FAT32, exFAT, and ReFS file systems.
Download and install MyRecover on your Windows 11, 10, 8, 7, or Server PC now!
Step 1. Connect the PS4 external HDD to your Windows. After launching MyRecover, select your PS4 external HDD and click Start Scan.
Step 2. MyRecover can automatically scan your PS4 external hard drive and display all recoverable files.
You can also preview/filter your needed data according to Name, Document Type, Path, or Date.
- Name: Type the filenames of your needed files in the search bar to quickly locate your desired photos.
- Date modified: Set the date (today, yesterday, last 7/30 days, etc.)
- Size: Filter the file size (<128KB, 128KB~1MB, 1MB~ 512MB, etc.)
Step 3. Select your needed files in the Other Missing Files folder. Then click “Recover x files” to begin the data recovery process.
- After recovery, you’d better store these retrieved photos in another partition instead of the original PS4 hard drives.
- MyRecover enables you to recover 30MB of files for free each time. Besides, upgrading MyRecover to the Professional or Technician edition is a more cost-effective method if you desire to recover many deleted/lost files from PS4 or other local hard drives.
In the end
If your PS4 cannot access system storage, please refer to the above to fix this issue. Moreover, if you’re unwilling to suffer data loss, you’d better make a disk backup using AOMEI Backupper.