Ultimate Guide: 3 Best Pen Drive Data Recovery Freeware
On this page, you can get the 3 best pen drive data recovery freeware and easy guidelines to use them. You can choose the suitable one that you would like to have a try.
How can I recover my pen drive data for free?
Does anyone happen to have any experience with a cost-friendly data recovery service for a pen drive? Lost a bunch of music I am hoping to retrieve. Thank you in advance.
Maybe you also encountered a situation where you lost important files, photos, videos, or other data on your pen drive. So you are also looking for the best freeware data recovery software. Don't worry, this article has prepared 3 different great pen drive data recovery freeware for you. Please read on to get more information about the data recovering software.
3 Best Pen Drive Data Recovery Freeware
Your pen drive data may be lost due to accidental deletion, malware attacks, pen drive formation, etc. Don’t panic. Here are 3 high-praised free pen drive data recovery software. With them, you can recover data from pen drive after formatting or other situations.
Part 1. Pen Drive Recovery via MyRecover
This is a free professional data recovery tool - MyRecover. With a clear graphical user interface, you can use it easily on Windows 11/10/8/7 or Windows Server. It has high successful recovery rate and speed and your pen drive data can be recovered with a few clicks easily.
In addition, MyRecover provides many highlights such as:
- Support 200+ types of data recovery including documents, photos, videos, audios, etc.
- Provide 2 different scanning methods: Quick Scan and Deep Scan for different types of data recovery.
- Compatible with many mainstream file systems like NTFS, FAT32, exFAT, ReFS in Windows 11/10/8/7 & Windows Server.
- Suitable for multiple data loss situations including accidental deletion, virus attacks, system crashes, and so on.
Now, click on the Download Software button to get the pen drive data recovery software free downloaded. Then you can recover from a formatted flash drive, SD card, external hard drive, or other storage devices easily.
1. Please connect your pen drive to your computer in a proper way, and choose your pen drive icon on this page. After that, click on Start Scan to scan the pen drive.
2. When the scan task is done, you can see your deleted files and other missing files from your pen drive on this window.
3. After confirming the scanning results, please select a location to save your recovered data. Just click on the Recover X files button to begin the recovery task for your pen drive easily.
Part 2. Recover Files from Pen Drive with Windows File Recovery
The second option is a recovery freeware provided by Microsoft - Windows File Recovery. Different from MyRecover, Windows File Recovery does not provide a graphical user interface and is a command-line tool, which is a little complicated in operating.
There is some basic information about Windows File Recovery here:
- Only support Windows 10 version 2004 and later versions of Windows.
- Support main systems including NTFS, ReFS, FAT, and exFAT.
- The basic command line structure is winfr source-drive: destination-drive: [/mode] [/switches].
If you do not know what each of the parameters means, you can refer to the table below:
And you need to choose the correct mode according to the file system of your pen drive.
♦ Note: If you do not know what file system is on your pen drive, you can go to This PC and right-click on your pen drive to choose Properties. Then you can find what File system it is.
After the above, you have known basic information about command lines. Then let’s see how to use such a pen drive recovery software:
1. Get Windows File Recovery in Microsoft Store.
2. Then find Windows File Recovery in the menu and choose Run as administrator.
3. Input the correct winfr command line in the pop-up window and press Enter. For example, if you are using NTFS file system, and want to recover Doc file from E drive to C drive, you can input the command input winfr E: C: /segment /n *.doc. Then your data will be recovered from your pen drive easily.
Part 3. Pen Drive Recovery Tool - WinfrGUI
If you feel it is not easy to use Windows File Recovery, you can try the pen drive data recovery software for free: WinfrGUI - the graphical user interface of it. You can also use it to recover USB lost data with a few clicks. You can follow the easy guideline to use this pen drive recovery tool:
1. Connect your pen drive to your PC and choose it to scan. Then choose a Saved path for your pen drive data.
2. There are two Scanning modes and you can choose one according to your needs. Besides, you can select the Target file types or Target folders in Advanced Settings.
3. After configuration, press the Start Recovery button to begin the pen drive data recovery task with the pen drive recovery software for free.
Tip: Avoid pen drive data loss
To avoid pen drive data loss, we highly advise you to make backups of your pen drive. Then you can recover your data more easily. Here we recommend a professional backup software - AOMEI Backupper.
AOMEI Backupper offers many backup features and you can backup your pen drive data to SSD, HDD, external hard drive, USB, NAS, etc. What’s more, you can set up scheduled backup tasks in it for free. Then it will help you to operate backup tasks daily/weekly/monthly.
Written in the end
You can get the 3 best pen drive data recovery freeware through this page. Each of them can help you recover lost data from your pen drive. But MyRecover is the easiest one. It does not require you to learn some complex parameters and you can recover your data on a clear graphical user interface with a few clicks.