CR3 File Recovery: How to Recover CR3 Files?
Learn how to recover CR3 files after deletion via feasible ways in this article. In addition, you can also get related CR3/camera photo recovery tips.
Is it possible to perform CR3 file recovery?
Help! I accidentally formatted the memory card which was almost full while using my Canon digital camera. Though I immediately removed the memory card, I still lost some files. The lost files were mainly photos in CR3 format and some videos in MOV format. As these photos are crucial to my work, I am unsure which software can help me recover CR3 photos. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
What is a CR3 file? The CR3 file is a RAW format specifically created by Canon digital cameras. It utilizes unique extensions to distinguish its digital files from other camera brands.
The CR3 file format is gaining popularity because of its ability to preserve the highest quality reproduction of the captured scene. Moreover, it cannot be viewed on Windows 10 systems without installing the RAW Image Extension.
Are you eager to recover CR3 files after deletion or disk formatting? If it happens to be your case, you’ve come to the right place because this passage aims to help you recover CR3 files.
Possible causes of CR3 file loss
Data loss can occur due to various factors, and CR3 files are not exempt from this. This part list several possible reasons for CR3 photo loss.
- Hidden files: If your photos disappeared from camera SD cards, these photos might be hidden instead of missing.
- Accidental deletion: You may accidentally delete CR3 photos from your SD card while viewing files on the Canon camera or on a computer. Please note that files deleted from a solid-state drive (SSD) are not recoverable.
- Unintentional formatting: You may lose photos as you format the partition where CR3 files are stored. Quick formatting does not completely erase data, while full formatting permanently wipes data. You can get more details about Quick format VS Full format if needed.
- File system corruption, virus infections, improper actions, or bad sectors can lead to the storage device becoming RAW, resulting in the loss of CR3 files.
- Physical damage.
How to recover deleted CR2/CR3 files from SD cards?
Deletion is the most common data loss scenario. The same goes for CR3 photos. Those users without regular backups might be working to recover deleted CR2/CR3 files from their SD cards.
“So how do I recover deleted files on my Canon camera with ease?” You can seek help from powerful photo recovery software to recover your desired photos.
Released by AOMEI Tech, MyRecover is designed to recover deleted & missing photos from SD cards within three steps.
- ★Key features of MyRecover:
- High-efficiency: Recover 42+ types of images (PNG, JPG, JPEG, BMP, etc.) videos (MP4, MOV, etc.), MS Office files, WPS files, folders, compressed files, audio, songs, videos, and websites from SD cards, internal and external HDDs, USBs, etc.
- Advanced scanning method: MyRecover runs Quick Scan & Deep Scan automatically to search all the recoverable files. Specify the filename, saved path, date, or size to filter your needed photos.
- Convenience: Retain the original filename, path, and format for the deleted files.
- Excellent compatibility: Support NTFS, FAT32, exFAT, and ReFS file systems.
Download and install MyRecover on your Windows 11, 10, 8, 7, or Server PC now!
Step 1. Connect the SD card to your Windows. After launching MyRecover, select your inserted SD card and click Start Scan.
Step 2. MyRecover can scan your SD card automatically and display all the recoverable photos and other files on your SD card.
You can also preview/filter your needed images according to Name, Document Type, Path, or Date.
- Name: Type the filenames of your needed files in the search bar to quickly locate your desired photos.
- Date modified: Set the date (today, yesterday, last 7/30 days, etc.)
- Size: Filter the file size (<128KB, 128KB~1MB, 1MB~ 512MB, etc.)
Step 3. Select your needed CR3 files in the Other Missing Files folder. Then click “Recover x files” to begin the CR3 file recovery process.
- After recovery, you’d better store these retrieved photos in another partition instead of the original SD card.
- MyRecover enables you to recover 30MB of files for free each time. Besides, upgrading MyRecover to the Professional or Technician edition is a more cost-effective method if you desire to recover many deleted/lost files from SD cards and other local hard drives.
Related Q&A about CR3/camera photo recovery
How to recover CR3 files after deletion? Valuable file backups can save you from using a third-party tool. Otherwise, professional photo recovery software is recommended for you. There are also some relevant tips about CR3/camera photo recovery.