How to Recover Unsaved or Lost PowerPoint? (2023)
How to find lost PowerPoint? This guide shares four feasible solutions with you to recover the unsaved/deleted/lost PowerPoint files in Windows.
- How do I recover a lost PowerPoint?
- Part 1. How to recover PowerPoint files not saved?
- Part 2. How to recover deleted/lost PowerPoint files?
- Tips to protect PowerPoint Files
- Wrapping up
How do I recover a lost PowerPoint?
After data loss, plenty of users are desperate to recover data without feasible remedies. At the moment, are you wondering how to find lost PowerPoint like the following users?
I closed my PowerPoint program without saving it. So how can I recover unsaved PowerPoint files? Thank you.
I cannot find my deleted PowerPoint files in my Recycle Bin. What’s worse, I have no backups. Is it possible for me to recover deleted PowerPoint files?
To find your unsaved/deleted PowerPoint files, please don’t write new data to your PC or other storage devices after PowerPoint loss.
How to find lost PowerPoint files in Windows? Please follow a corresponding solution according to data loss scenarios and the availability of backups.
Part 1. How to recover PowerPoint files not saved?
This part aims to solve the issue of how to recover PowerPoint file not saved. If you have enabled the AutoRecover feature provided by MS Office, it will automatically save your edited PowerPoint files every 10 minutes (by default).
If you need, you can also customize the time interval as you prefer. Please refer to the following steps to recover unsaved PowerPoint files in Windows.
Step 1. Open your PowerPoint files, then click “File” > “Info” > “Options.”
Step 2. After clicking the “Save” button, tick “Save AutoRecover information every x minutes” and “Keep the last AutoRecovered version if I close with saving” > “OK.”
Step 3. Please go to the following AutoRecover file location/temp folder C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Micorosoft\PowerPoint to restore your needed PPT files.
Besides, you can recover unsaved presentations by navigating to File > Info > Manage Versions > Recover Unsaved Presentations.
Part 2. How to recover deleted/lost PowerPoint files?
If you want to know how to find and recover lost/deleted PowerPoint files, this part is right for you.
Solution 1. Recover the deleted PowerPoint files from the Recycle Bin
How to recover deleted PowerPoint files in Windows? If you accidentally deleted PPT files, you can press “Ctrl + Z” to restore your deleted PowerPoint files at once.
Likewise, you can open the Recycle Bin to recover the recently deleted files as long as you haven’t emptied your Recycle Bin or press the “Shift + Delete” keys.
Step 1. Go to the Recycle Bin and locate your needed PPT files by searching it.
Step 2. Right-click on your needed PPT files and “Restore” them to the original location.
However, if your lost or deleted PowerPoint file is not in the Recycle Bin, this method cannot help you get it back. Please consider the following ways.
Solution 2. Recover the deleted/lost PowerPoint files from Backup and Restore
Backups are the best data loss prevention measure. How to recover deleted PowerPoint files? Restore the permanently deleted PPT files from your accessible backups.
This method is only suitable for users that have created backups on the computer. If you do not have a backup but want to find lost or deleted PowerPoint files, please move to the next method.
Let’s take Backup and Restore as an example because this feature can is compatible with Windows 7 and above.
Step 1. Open Control Panel by searching it in the search bar. Then click “System and Security” > “Backup and Restore (Windows 7).”
Step 2. Click the “Restore my files” button.
Step 3. Please select the “Browse for files” option to find your lost PowerPoint files.
You can go to the original location or your designated saved path to get these recovered PPT files.
Solution 3. Recover the deleted/lost PowerPoint files via data recovery software
If your deleted or lost PowerPoint file is not in Recycle Bin and you also do not have a backup for it, it’s undeniable that data recovery software could provide you the minimal restrictions and maximum possibilities. Why not ask for help from reliable data recovery tools like MyRecover?
These powerful functions and user-friendly features could help explain why many users have lavished praise for this software.
- Provide 2 advanced scanning methods Quick Scan and Deep Scan, which will find all the deleted and other lost files on your computers after running automatically.
- Recover PPT, Word, Excel, JPG, PNG, MP3, MP4, Compressed files, and other 200+ types of data.
- Support to recover files from any situation like deletion, formation, system crashes, etc.
- Support NTFS, exFAT, FAT32, and ReFS file systems in Windows 7, 8, 10, 11, and Windows Server.
- Only three steps to recover your deleted/lost PowerPoint files.
- Get the original path, filename, and format for the deleted files.
- Recover the deleted/lost files from HDD, SSD on your computer.
Don’t hesitate to download and install it on your PC now!
Step 1. After running the software, select the disk/partition including your needed PPT files before data loss. Then click the “Start Scan” button.
Step 2. The tool will run Quick Scan and Deep Scan automatically to show all the deleted files and other missing files of your selected disk/partition. You can search for PPT files if you remember the filename.
You can also Preview or filter your desired file based on file Type, Size, Date, etc.
- Type: Select the file type (Documents, Images, Videos, Audios, Mails, Webpages, Compressed files, etc.)
- Date modified: Set the date (today, yesterday, last 7/30 days, etc.)
- Size: Filter the file size (<128KB, 128KB~1MB, 1MB~ 512MB, 512MB above, etc.)
Step 3. Select your desired PPT files and click the “Recover x files” button. Please save them in a new location.
- You are provided data recovery for free, up to 30MB. Once exceeded, please consider upgrading to the advanced editions.
- Remember to select a new location to save your recovered PowerPoint files to avoid data overwriting.
Tips to protect PowerPoint Files
It's crucial to remember a set of best practices to protect your data integrity. Here are a few invaluable tips and techniques to mitigate potential data loss scenarios:
- Backup Files: Ensure you maintain multiple backups of your PowerPoint files. This precautionary measure guarantees a seamless recovery process should an unexpected file loss event occur. Professional backup software AOMEI Backupper can be a nice choice.
- Avoid Further Damage: In the event of a device crash or file retrieval need, refrain from writing new data onto the same drive. Doing so can complicate the process of restoring your desired file.
- Act Quickly: Initiate the data recovery process promptly. Delaying your attempts to recover the file can diminish the chances of successful restoration, introducing uncertainty into the equation.
- Prioritize Efficacy: Always start with the most reliable file recovery method available like using recovery software. This approach maximizes the possibility of a successful recovery while minimizing the risk of permanent file damage.
By adhering to these guidelines, you can significantly reduce the risk of substantial data loss and streamline the recovery process for optimal efficiency.
How to find lost PowerPoint files in Windows? This passage shares four solutions with you to recover unsaved/deleted/lost PowerPoint files. In brief, data recovery software like MyRecover is prepared to address your issues.