- Some of the below features are only available in the paid version. To learn more, please go to
- Update the interfaces of AOMEI PXE Boot Tool and AOMEI Image Deploy in "Tools"
- Dynamically resize the program window based on your screen resolution and DPI settings.
- Fixed issue: the number of entered characters for backup image password doesn't match the
maximum number of allowed characters.
- Fixed issue: system on GPT disk cannot be recognized in some computers.
- Fixed issue: the program suspended from backup progress without prompt when destination disk
space is insufficient.
- Enhanced compatibility: AOMEI Backupper 5.1 is able to be controlled and managed as clients by
AOMEI Centralized Backupper
2.2 to perform backup
scheme from one central management console.
- Fixed issue: the program crashes because of hundreds of thousands of files in NAS/Share
- Added Pre/Post Command: execute commands or scripts before and after backup/synchronization.
- Brand-new user interface: a more modernized look and feel.
- Improved the speed of files synchronization.
- Optimized the method to create Windows PE bootable media.
- Fixed issue: the program doesn't display normally in high resolution and DPI monitor.
- Fixed issue: failed to perform file sync task because of long file path.
- Added new language: Portuguese is now available. Learn how
to change the language on AOMEI Backupper>>.
- Fixed issue: the program may stuck when creating WinPE.
- Fixed issue: in some cases, errors occurred while backing up partitions.
- Fixed issue: email notification does not work in Technician Edition.
- Fixed issue: cannot enable partition alignment when restoring SSD backup image to existing
- Fixed issue: failed to open the backup image when checking backup integrity on completion.
- Enhanced compatibility: AOMEI Backupper 4.6.2 is able to be controlled and managed as clients by
AOMEI Centralized Backupper
2.1 to perform files sync from one central management console.
- Enhanced compatibility: AOMEI Backupper 4.6.1 is able to be controlled and managed as clients by
our brand-new AOMEI
Centralized Backupper 2.0 to perform files and folders backup from one central
- Simplified the installation package and optimized the registration process.
- Added backup when USB plugged in: automatically backup data from/to USB drive when plugged in
- Support to create desktop shortcuts for the tasks.
- Support to send SMS message notification after backups.
- Optimized some prompts information of software.
- Fixed issue: the failure of backing up Outlook Data Files (.pst) and Offline Outlook Data Files
- Fixed issue: the failure of backing up OneDrive folders.
- Fixed issue: the display problem of network nodes with same name.
- Fixed issue: the loss of network nodes with same IP address for no reason.
- Fixed issue: the request for inputting username and password after adding network nodes by the
means of hostname.
- Fixed issue: some repeated registration prompts after successful registry.
- Fixed issue: some restoring problems.
- Fixed issue: some file sync and backup problems.
- Available to be controlled by AOMEI Centralized
Backupper (ACB) - our brand-new centralized backup management tool that enables you to
create and manage backup tasks for all client computers in the network from one central
- Enhanced stability and fixed some issues.
- Added feedback tool. To send your feedback to us, please click "Menu" on the top right corner of
the main interface and choose "Feedback".
- Support to edit the tasks that don't have any backup image file.
- Improved the email notification message of failed tasks.
- Improved the existing multi-languages, including French (Français), Italian (Italiano), Dutch
(Nederlands) and Turkish (Türkçe).
- Updated the email notification SSL.
- Optimized the registration step when upgrading the Standard Edition.
- Fixed issue: Linux partitions display as empty.
- Fixed issue: the program crashes when loading GPT disks in some systems.
- Fixed issue: the local file or folder with the same name opened when double clicking the file or
folder of Share/NAS node.
- Fixed issue: the file attributes (read/hide) changed after being restored.
- Fixed issue: in the email notification, there is no subject or the subject displays as garbled
- Fixed issue: the source partitions are incorrect when running a scheduled partition backup
- Fixed issue: the program doesn't prompt for re-entry after the username and password of
Share/NAS have been changed.
- Fixed issue: error code 33 (failed to read sector) occurs when backing up or cloning disks and
partitions in some systems.
- Fixed issue: error code 214 (insufficient space on the target disk) occurs when restoring or
cloning disks and partitions in some systems.
- Fixed issue: error code 4161 (target location is not writable) occurs when syncing or restoring
files in some systems.
- Added new multiple languages: Italian (Italiano), Dutch (Nederlands), Spanish (Español) and
Turkish (Türkçe). Now AOMEI Backupper supports 10 languages. How
to change the language on AOMEI Backupper >>
- Fixed issue: antivirus software like Avira falsely report AOMEI Backupper as Adware or gen2.
- Support to restore files to a long path.
- Support to clone dynamic system volume on MBR disk.
- Optimized dynamic system volume backup on MBR disk.
- Fixed issue: the program crashes when choosing the specified path on some interfaces.
- Fixed issue: error code 4161 occurs during file sync if the target path exceeds limited
- Fixed issue: file backup crashes when a large number of files are being used.
- Automatically download Windows 10 image file to create bootable Windows PE media.
- Fixed issue: when backing up/syncing data to network mapped drives, it requires to enter
username and password repeatedly.
- Fixed issue: if the username and password of network share/NAS contain non-English characters,
it requires to enter username and password repeatedly when the program accesses network
- Fixed issue: if the bootstrap of the dynamic system volume has not been backed up, it will not
be bootable when restored to other disks.
- Fixed issue: if there is an error when changing the boot files of dynamic system volumes, it
will not be bootable when restored to other disks.
- Fixed issue: in the cases of mounting image files in Windows XP/2003, it shows the partition is
unformatted when accessing the partitions.
- Fixed issue: error code 214 occurs when restoring/cloning data from a larger disk to a smaller
- Optimized event-triggered backup of user log out and user log in.
- Optimized the task of long path in file backup, file sync and file restore and avoid failure of
- Optimized the task of storing image files to network share/NAS; even failed to connect to
network share/NAS, image files stored on it can still be viewed and edited.
- Fixed issue: the computer won't go to Sleep Mode any more after performing backup operation.
- Fixed issue: in some cases, the program crashes when backing up files with long path names.
- Fixed issue: in some cases, the program cannot list files after adding a NAS.
- Fixed issue: in some cases, the program crashes when continuously performing "Partition Restore"
- Fixed issue: the program crashes when restoring files to a network with long path name.
- Fixed issue: incorrect backup type in email notification.
- Fixed issue: sort log incorrectly based on Date or Time.
- Fixed issue: the program notifies file backup succeeded, however, there is no backup image
- Fixed issue: the scheduled task of syncing files to a network path requires to re-enter username
- Fixed issue: although there is no real-time sync task, the ABSync.exe also starts again and
again after setting up a scheduled task of syncing files to a network path.
- Fixed issue: drivers are not digitally signed with EV certificate on Windows 10 Anniversary
- Integrated many network card drivers into the Windows PE of AOMEI Backupper Server and
Technician Editions to enhance its compatibility with more network cards.
- AOMEI Backupper Standard supports to automatically run missed scheduled backups at the next
- Fixed bug: infinite loop when real-time sync file that is being used.
- Added real-time file sync: monitor
files for changes and synchronize new added, modified or deleted files from source to target
path as soon as the change has occurred.
- Added image deploy tool to AOMEI Backupper Technician and Technician Plus.
- The AOMEI Backupper Technician Plus supports to create a portable version by copying the
installation directory of the software to other computer for direct use.
- Support to choose a cloud
drive desktop app as the target path of file backup and file sync, including Google
Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, Box, SugarSync, hubiC and Cloudme.
- Added shortcut to Network Share/NAS: click the "Select a network share or NAS" at the drop-down
menu of the target path.
- File restore supports to only restore the selected files instead of the path where the files you
want to restore located.
- Once AOMEI Backupper Standard has been registered with license code, it will automatically
change to AOMEI Backupper Professional. There is no need to re-download and reinstall the
- Improved the graphical installation interface and simplified the instillation process to realize
- Fixed issue: failed to send email notifications to custom Gmail.
- Fixed issue: the registration box displays twice when an unregistered version automatically runs
a missed scheduled task.
- Added event-triggered
scheduling backups [Paid]: automatically perform backup tasks in real-time based on user
logon, user logoff, system startup and system shutdown.
- Support to run one time only everyday when setting up the event-triggered scheduling backups.
- Support to perform scheduled backup tasks whether Windows account is logged on or not.
- Support to choose a network mapped drive as the destination.
- Support to simultaneously choose multiple files on the network drive as the backup source.
- Support to prevent computer from going to sleep during the backup process.
- Support to automatically invoke the tray notification icon to show backup or sync progress if
users close the main window, and then continue to perform backup or sync task in the background.
- Optimized the characters of share information to unlock "System Clone" function in the Standard
- Optimized email forms: send email notification via Text or Html.
- Optimized the email notification sending modes: provide Hotmail server, Gmail server, AOMEI
server [paid] and custom server [paid] SMTP modes.
- Optimized the solution to the destination path is too long when performing file backup and file
- Enhanced the stability to connect the Share/NAS.
- Fixed issue: display error code 4107 when checking the image file after backing up to
- Fixed issue: "Failed to enable VSS......" during the backup process.
- Fixed issue: the virtual partition is not accessible caused by access permission when exploring
an image file.
- Added multiple languages: support English, French (Français), German (Deutsch), Japanese (日本語),
简体中文 (Simplified Chinese) and 繁體中文 (Traditional Chinese). How
to change the language on AOMEI Backupper >>
- Fixed issue: random crash caused by frequently backup.
- Support large window display mode to suit high resolution computer.
- Integrated some universal drivers into Windows PE system to enhance its ability to recognize
- Enhanced email notification sending module: support to send notifications via AOMEI website
server and SMTP module built into program.
- Fixed issue: program failed to initialize caused by log files.
- Support the latest Windows 10.
- Added 4 kinds of backup schemes: full backup
scheme, incremental backup scheme, differential backup scheme, and automatic space
- Added command line clone and command
line restore. [paid]
- Support 4K monitor.
- Optionally reserve registered license information when uninstalling the program. No need to
register the program again when reinstalling a same edition.
- PXE boot tool supports to deploy a WIM image file.
- Available to choose to perform Restart, Sleep, or Hibernate task after backup completed.
- Fixed issue: there is no data in destination partitions after disk restore and disk clone.
- Fixed issue: unable to perform scheduled task in Windows Small Business Server 2011.
- Fixed issue: the program reports a scheduled task has been performed, but it is not really
- Optimized the recognition mode of system partition under Windows PE and Linux bootable
environment: support to recognize multiple Windows systems.
- Optimized user interface and user interaction.
- Added file sync: synchronize files and
folders automatically with a schedule to local disk, external hard drive, NAS, network shared
folder, or removable USB flash drive.
- Linux bootable media support to restore/clone between UEFI-based GPT disk and BIOS-based MBR
- Fixed bug: restore file backup images from CD/DVD with error code 4099.
- Fixed some crashing issues.
- Added universal restore
[Paid]: allow you to restore a system backup image created on one computer to another with
- Added system restore and system clone between GPT and MBR disk: enable you to restore/clone
system from MBR (BIOS-based) disk to GPT (UEFI-based) disk and vice versa under native Windows
environment and Windows PE bootable environment (Linux bootable environment is not yet
supported), while ensuring that system is able to boot properly.
- Added an option on schedule backup advanced settings: allow you to more clearly choose whether
or not to automatically perform missed scheduled backup tasks in the next system startup. [Paid]
- Optimized PXE network booting: add HTTP method to speed up the downloading of image file.
- Optimized email notifications: add computer name into message and improve AOMEI SMTP server to
ensure that all notifications are delivered successfully.
- Fixed issue: after performing a schedule backup task, the tray icon sometimes is unable to quit
normally or no window display when clicking the tray icon.
- Fixed bug: the program always prompts you to enter the new username and password of shared
network folder or NAS after modifying the old ones.
- Added PXE boot tool: start up multiple client machines within LAN through the network booting by
using AOMEI Windows PE and Linux micro-system or your own personalized bootable image file on a
master machine for system maintenance. [Paid]
- Added system clone. [Paid]
- Added history for backup saved path and task name setting.
- Support for restoring system to a smaller partition.
- Support for exploring backup images on the NAS/network.
- Fixed issue: case-sensitive password of command line backup.
- Fixed bug: display incorrect version number after upgrade.
- Improved software registration.
- Stability enhancements and other bug fixes.
- Preserve file timestamps and date when restoring files.
- Fixed issue: the selected destination partition is too small when restoring system.
- Enhanced email notification: add support for encryption protocols (SSL/TLS). [paid]
- Send backup completion status to your email by using
AOMEI SMTP server.
- Send backup completion status to your email by using your own mail server. [paid]
- Back up or restore files from a network to another.
- Edit task name and change the saved directory of backup images.
- Export/Import all backup tasks in an XML file.
- View backup logs.
- NAS and network backup bugs fixed.
- Enhanced GPT/UEFI system backup.
- Allow you to add comments for incremental and differential backup.
- Allow you to config IP, subnet, gateway, DNS for accessing your share folder or NAS.
- Repair bugs for creating bootable media, and some bug fixes.
- Linux bootable disc support.
- Windows PE bootable disc enhancements and some bug fixes.
- System, disk, and partition backup & restore.
- Backup to local disk, external hard drive, USB flash drive and CD/DVD.
- Incremental and
- Clone partition and clone disk.
- Explore, check, split, compress, encrypt backups.
- Support VSS to backup data without interrupting applications work.