About QNAP NAS
QNAP Turbo NAS keeps their brand promise “Quality Network Appliance Provider”, the QNAP NAS has large storage capacity and it is trustworthy reliability, plus, it is ease-of-use. It can be used widely, for personal/home users, small business, medium business, large business with different kind of NAS. The QNAP NAS performs as an ideal storage device, is much popular in computer users.
Why you need backup QNAP NAS?
However, store data on QNAP NAS cannot ensure the safety of the data. There are some situations like virus attack or mistake deletion or else, which can lead your data on QNAP NAS lose. Thus, backup QNAP NAS is necessary to ensure the data’s safety. But how to backup QNAP NAS?
How to backup QNAP NAS?
To backup QNAP NAS, find a backup software is necessary, and the software AOMEI Backupper is highly recommended. AOMEI Backupper is a wonderful software that can help you backup your QNAP NAS, or other brand NAS.
Before you do, here is some tips for you:
● AOMEI Backupper has a free edition AOMEI Backupper Standard for Windows PC operating systems, you can download it free.
● You can backup your QNAP NAS to anywhere like a local other partition, an external hard drive, or another NAS drive. You need decide where to store the backup image on.
● If you want to backup QNAP NAS to an external hard drive, you need prepare an external hard drive which is large enough to store the data, connect it to the computer and make sure it can be detected by your computer.
After preparing for it, you can see how to backup QNAP NAS with AOMEI Backupper Standard below. Here we take backup QNAP NAS to external hard drive as an example.
Step1. Install and launch AOMEI Backupper Standard, select File Backup under theBackup tab.
Step2. Here you need select the folders on the QNAP NAS you want to backup as the source data. Click Add Folder, it will pop out a window to select folders. Here you can setup backup files with a certain file extension in the Filter settings. Click Browse, select Share/NAS.
Step3.Type the IP address of your QNAP NAS or the name of the QNAP NAS, for the precision, you’d better type its IP address. If it need username and password, input the information. Click OK.
Step4. When you access your QNAP NAS device, click it and all the folders on the NAS drive will be listed in the right box, select the one you want to backup, and click OK to confirm.
Step5. Then, you will back to the File Backup page. Click Step2 to select the external hard drive you prepared before as the destination place. Then, you can click Start Backup to launch the progress.
● You can do a schedule backup NAS automatically by clicking Schedule.
● Backup Optionsprovides more for your backups, add comments, make compression for large files, etc.
AOMEI Backupper Standard is free for Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10. With its help, QNAP NAS backup becomes
easier. Actually, besides backup QNAP NAS, you can use it to backup all data you want to backup, system backup, partition backup, disk backup, file
backup or backup external hard
drive, and you can move OS from
one computer to another computer, etc. In a word, AOMEI Backupper is a powerful software
that can help you keep your data safe.