ASUSTOR Backup Plan
Backup Plan is ASUSTOR’s free backup software for Windows OS including Windows XP, Vista, 7,8, server 2003/2008/2012 but Windows 10. It can be used to backup folders from a Windows PC or Server to specified destination devices including NAS, FTP server, or the local machine. ASUSTOR Backup Plan supports one-time backups, scheduled backups and synchronization. For example, you want to create a scheduled weekly backup plan that backs up data from your computer to your ASUSTOR NAS:
1. In the AUSTOR Backup Plan interface, click on the “Create” icon.
2. Select your ASUSTOR NAS as backup destination, then enter the username and password of it.
3. Choose a backup method among “Backup once”, “Synchronization” and “Schedule Backup”.
4. Select the folder(s) you wish to back up.
5. Select the destination folder that you want to keep the backup in.
6. Now you should be able to see the plan you have just created in the ASUSTOR Backup Plan interface. Then, clicking “Backup” button to execute the backup job.
ASUSTOR Backup Plan alternative
If you want to backup within Windows 10, or you want to do a diversified backup but not limited to backup folders, download ASUSTOR Backup Plan alternative - AOMEI Backupper. It supports all Windows editions including Windows 7/8/8.1/10/XP/Vista of both 32bit and 64bit. Except to backup or sync folders, AOMEI Backupper allows you to backup files, disk, partition and system. Next, we’ll show you how to backup folder with the ASUSTOR backup software.
1. Select “File Backup” under “Backup” tab.
2. Name the backup job. Select the folder you want to backup in “Step1” and click “Step2” to choose your ASUSTOR NAS.
- “Backup Option” is optional to encrypt, compress and split your backup, and allows you to backup only used space or backup sector by sector.
- “Schedule” can be set to auto backup the folder at an exact time of every day, week or month.
Choose your ASUSTOR NAS in pop out window.
3. Click “Start Backup” to backup to ASUSTOR NAS. And when the backup process is accomplished, click “Finish” to exit.
As you see, it’s very easy to finish backing up folders to ASUSTOR NAS with AOMEI Backupper. This is as easily as to backup disk, system or partition. So now, it’s your turn to download the ASUSTOR Backup Plan alternative and start diversified backup job.
Besides backup to ASUSTOR NAS, AOMEI Backupper can also let you backup systems, partitions as well as disks of network computers on a console computer without operating on each machine.