What Is the Clonezillafor Windows 10?
Clonezilla is an open source clone system solution which has two available types including Clonezilla Live and Clonezilla Server Edition. All the two types both support Windows7,Windows 10, Linux and Mac etc. As for the functions of both types: Clonezilla Live supports single machine backup and restore to an external USB hard drive. And Clonezilla Server Edition supports clone multiple machines simultaneously which is more than 40 computers only if these computers are all connected to a network. At the same time, Clonezilla only makes use of these used blocks to save and restore files. In this case, it can help you save much space and you can use the extra space to save your personal file such as pictures, files, video etc.
What Are theDisadvantagesof Clonezilla?
The Disadvantage of Clonezilla on Functions
Clonezilla cannot support Differential/Incremental Backup.
The Disadvantages of Clonezilla on Compatibility andPerformance
1. When you use Clonezilla to backup or clone your files or folders, you are only allowed to select a destination partition which is equal to or larger than the source partition when you back up or clone your files.
2. Clonezilla cannot support Software RAID/fake RAID/firmware RAID by default, so you are only allowed to do it manually.
The Alternative Windows Freeware for Clonzella
From all aspects, we can clearly get that Clonezilla is not a preference selection. Don’t worry about it. I will continue to introduce one professional software AOMEI Backupper for you which provides a better compatibility and performance.
The Functionsof AOMEI Backupper
In AOMEI Backupper main page, you can clearly see all the functions including Backup, Restore, Clone, Utilities.
1. For backup, AOMEI Backupper supports three backup types including Full Backup, Differential Backup and Incremental Backup. In the backup page, If we want to backup all the files, we could select Full Backup. But if we just want to backup the newly changed files, differential backup and incremental backup may be a preference selection. It still supports multiple schedule backup which can help you save much time. In this way, you can choose several files or folders to backup at a differential time.
2. For restore, AOMEI Backupper mainly supports System Restore, Disk Restore, Partition Restore. Besides the basic restore functions, Universal Restore is a very useful function which can help you restore your system image to another computer with dissimilar hardware.
3. For clone, it’s a function designed to finish all the related cloning work including System clone, Disk Clone, Partition Clone. You can use this function to migrate files, folders or operating system to another location you want to save.
4. For utilities, it’s an essential function to let you have a great experience on all the backup and restore operations. Taking Merge Images as an example, if you set an incremental backup task on every Monday, you will get 4 backups after a month and every backup is a different version. You must not want to restore them one by one. So you can merge images into one before you restore it.
The Compatibility and Performanceo f AOMEI Backupper
1. AOMEI Backupper can support all kinds of file systems such as FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, EXT2, EXT3 etc. So selecting file system becomes more easily. You just need to select one you like most. If you expect for a greater Compatibility, you can choose FAT32. If you ask for a higher performance together with larger capacities, you can choose NTFS. The NTFS file system support RAID disk which works like an Advanced drive with different functions, such as providing a great capacity and performance, along with a strong security.
2. You can use any software or Windows explorer as usual to format a disk capacity larger than 32GB. There is no limitation for capacity and tool you use to format a disk.
From Above, it’s not difficult to see AOMEI Backupper will be a preference selection as Windows alternative for Clonezilla. Compared with Clonezilla, AOMEI Backupper has a great compatibility and can provide you a more wonderful performance. At the same time, AOMEI Backupper own more powerful functions. That is all I want to say. Now, it is your turn to make your choice. If you are a common user, AOMEI Backupper will be a better choice as a free hard drive cloning software. But if you are high-tech talents, AOMEI Backupper Professionalwill be more useful.