What is the Best Way to Back up Windows?
How do you back up your Windows usually? Actually, there are many available solutions for us to select on the market. But, which one is the best way to back up a Windows 7 computer or Windows 10 computer? Before answering this question, you may need to know what a professional backup tool should be embedded with.
- Various backup options that allows you to perform different backup tasks according to different situations. For example, when you need to back up only one partition that stores all your important personal data, it should support backing up partition. Other options like disk backup, system backup, and file backup are also necessary.
- Three basic backup types: Full Backup, Incremental Backup and Differential Backup should be covered. Reasonable arrangement of these types makes efficient backup results.
- Considering that backup is a continue job, scheduled backup has a lot of help in regular backing up. For most people, it is hard drive remember to backup every time after file changes. Therefore, back up in daily, weekly, monthly or event-trigger should be supportable by the software.
- The security of backup image should be taken into consideration, too. For example, if you copy OS to USB flash drive, a password protection can protect the image from unauthorized access.
- Last but not least, image restore function is also of great importance. All the backups are expected to be available at critical moments. If you cannot restore the backup image, then the backup means nothing. Also, flexible restore like restore individual files from an intact backup image is pretty helpful.
Best Windows Backup Software – AOMEI Backupper
AOMEI Backupper Professional is the best backup software for Windows 10, 7, 8, XP, Vista that along with technical backup functions. It covers all aforementioned features that can do you a big favor in daily computer backup. Apart from those functions, AOMEI Backupper offers “Selective File Restore” that allows you to restore selected files from a backup image without recovering the entire backup, for example, restore files from backup in Windows 10.
Besides, the “Dissimilar Hardware Restore” in AOMEI Backupper supports to restore one computer system image to another computer that with dissimilar hardware. You can learn more about dissimilar hardware restore in restore Windows 10 backup to dissimilar hardware.
Also, you can create bootable USB drive with “Create Bootable Media” to back up hard drive without booting Windows. The bootable device is useful as well when your system corrupts. Following part will take using AOMEI Backupper to backup windows to external drive as an example.
Best Way to Back up Windows Computer to External Hard Drive
1. Connect the external drive to your computer and make sure it can be detected. Download, install and launch AOMEI Backupper.
2. Go Backup > System Backup.
3. Click the box next to “Step2” to select the external drive.
4. Now, set some configurations, once and forever. “Backup Options” provides following functions including password protection.
5. “Schedule” is the place where you can set daily, weekly or monthly backup task. Then you can breezily backup your computer to external hard drive.
6. “Scheme” is a backup image storage manager. When scheduled backup set up, a lot of storage required. This feature can help you auto delete old backups.
7. Click Start Backup to run the backup for the first time.
Tips: AOMEI Backupper also supports backup computer to NAS or network share and you can restore Windows image backup over network as well.
What’s the Windows best backup tool? I am sure you also find the best way to backup Windows 10 computer. Other being a backup program, AOMEI Backupper is great cloning software. You can use it do disk to disk clone when upgrade IDE hard drive to SSD.